cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 30 Day FREE Return Policy

I am an execellent seller and agreed to your original 30 day return policy.    Buyer PAYS..

So if I get this right.. I can no longer receive TRS discounts unless I agree to offer to pay shipping to and fro for the buyer .. even buyers remorse!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO INFORCE THIS... I AM GOING TO REFUSE ALL RETURNS!   There is ABSOLUTELY  no point in offering returns of any kind if you take away my TRS!

... Any one else out there of the same opinion?

If my business drops... there are so many other sites now.. I will just move!

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

@714gorilla wrote:

@flippintickled wrote:
Yes, still learning, and I believe I have confused TRS with TRS+..... if I can remain a TRS with increased visibility, then that is really and only what I am concerned with. The discount for TRS+ discount is NOT worth it, imo!

That is the catch..if you sell clothing you probably won't get visibility in the millions being listed.  TRS will still give you the 10% discount but without the Top Rated Seller badge/emblem the views will probably go down...I know mine have.  And as a Buyer and not only a Seller that is what I look for when buying, too.

Never made a difference in my sales - ever.  No one cares, really - they're looking at presentation and price, and may check your FB. That's pretty much it.

I used to go back and forth not even getting TRS plain vanilla because I was a seasonal seller. Didn't make a difference. I gave up TRS Plus because 10% is such a pittance and my post office closed, which meant I had to use other branches - I didn't care about eBay's metrics, I cared about meeting expectations for my BUYERS, so I went to 2 day handling to ensure their items got to them about when they expected, and, of course, I continue to take 30 day returns as I have for years.

No difference.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 46 of 50
latest reply

No one cares about the little emblem, I meant.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 47 of 50
latest reply

When it came in I dropped TRS status after being one for years. I'm sure that was ebay's goal, more $$$$ for them and more hoops to jump through for the crazies that want to go through with this.
Message 48 of 50
latest reply

Yes, I am also considering not accepting any returns because of this 30-day policy. In this day & age of 'instant', I think 30 days is far too long.

Message 49 of 50
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

@olympic2 wrote:

I find this to be INCORRECT!  FVF are 10%  so for every $100 in fees you receive $10 in discount... check your statements!

ONE RETURN REFUND would make it a NO GAIN... NO REASON to continue to offer returns!

I misspoke.  I meant to say it is 1% off the sale price if your fvfs are 10%.  So the math works out to only 1% off since 10% of 10% is 1%.

It just shows how little the discount really is.

Indeed, it is important to understand that if the total for the sale was $100 with the shipping, all ebay is giving back is $1 and NOT $10 as their cute little advertising gimmick seems to imply... Certainly one wonders if ebay would be labeled as stupid for promoting their discount in a more honest and forward fashion but I do believe it is safe to assume more than a few sellers have fallen for the silly tactic which in the end simply results in disappointment, one wonders how smart is that.

As for 30 days being too long?

In ways sure, but most folks who intend to return something do so right away so there is little actual difference between 15, 30 and even 60 because the buyer who intends to "rent" something for a month is also far more likely to forget filing the return that far down the road and gets stuck with the item they thought they'd bamboozle.

Oh...

I did want to mention to the OP: If you refuse returns, the MBG is likely to kick in the refund and then the buyer gets their money back in addition to keeping the item (especially INAD cases). Of course you are more than welcome to test this out from your end, keeping in mind not all your cases are going to turn out this way, especially if you manage to "convince" the buyer otherwise however the buyer who is well-versed on return policy (and specifically application behavior) may end up turning the tables here.

Message 50 of 50
latest reply