cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer with 0 feedback bid and run on 47 items. Are ebay settings not working?

A buyer with zero feedback won 47 items. The next day he told me he isn't going to pay. This just a buyer ruining my auction. It happens regularly. I sell used records and there is a lot of competion between record collectors and they setup  accounts and bid so other collectors can't win.

I will open unpaid cases tonight. But I have a question.. I thought I put my settings so buyers with low feedback could only buy  a certain amount.  Is this a mistake by ebay or have I done something wrong with my settings?

In buyer requirements section:

Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them

I have set to block buyers who are winning 1 item in last 10 days with fedback score less than 5

Shouldn't that have prevented this from happening?

Also what is preventing them from simply opening another account and doing this again? Can I call ebay and ask them to block further accounts by this person?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Yes, that Buyt Requirements setup should have blocked him from bidding/buying more than one item.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Call Customer Service and submit a formal complaint so you have ground to stand on.  Make Customer Service cancel all these hate-bids. 

Add statement to all your listing that any buyers interested in purchasing more than two same type of merchandise to be delivered to the same address are required to contact you prior to any payment. 

Also add that buyers must not pay until invoiced by you. This will afford you the opportunity to look at buyer(s) addresses.

If you don't put your Terms and Conditions in your listing descriptions, you'll have no standing in a dispute and your letting eBay and buyers run your enterprise.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@duggmills wrote:

Add statement to all your listing that any buyers interested in purchasing more than two same type of merchandise to be delivered to the same address are required to contact you prior to any payment. 

Can't be enforced. 

Also add that buyers must not pay until invoiced by you. This will afford you the opportunity to look at buyer(s) addresses.

Can't be enforced

If you don't put your Terms and Conditions in your listing descriptions, you'll have no standing in a dispute and your letting eBay and buyers run your enterprise.

If you put worthless/combative T&C in your listings, you'll just drive away the good buyers.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@duggmills wrote:

Can't be enforced. 

Can't be enforced

If you put worthless/combative T&C in your listings, you'll just drive away the good buyers.

Right? Those terms will entice bad buyers and drive away the good ones. And none of those terms will help the seller in a dispute either SMH.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Quote: If you don't put your Terms and Conditions in your listing descriptions, you'll have no standing in a dispute and your letting eBay and buyers run your enterprise.

Am I learning something here?

I didn't think that any thing you put in your descriptions would protect you in any way.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Looks like thatsallfolks answered me while I was typing. lol

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@bonnie-lass wrote:

Quote: If you don't put your Terms and Conditions in your listing descriptions, you'll have no standing in a dispute and your letting eBay and buyers run your enterprise.

Am I learning something here?

I didn't think that any thing you put in your descriptions would protect you in any way.

No. That is bad information. You as a seller cannot make your own terms and conditions and doing so will not help you in a dispute. Most terms are completely unenforceable so it should be common sense that you won’t get support from eBay when you want to enforce them. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

File unpaid item disputes on him and he will have enough strikes to be booted for good.  With UID you will also get back the fees you are being charged because without those disputes, Ebay assumes you got paid and wants its cut of sales you didnt actually make. 

You should also block him.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

It bought the UIDs had to be from different sellers?

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I had a bad buyer who didnt pay on 6 items (over a 2 week period).  I filed UIDs on him and that was that.  Not sure if there were other sellers he also didnt pay.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

It bought the UIDs had to be from different sellers?

They do.

47 strikes from 1 seller won't get the buyer booted.

I just got multiple from the same seller. Only counted as 1 strike. (and it was removed upon appeal).

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Buyers  want to bid on the items , then they have to abide by sellers

terms and conditions.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@oz_in_ohio wrote:

Buyers  want to bid on the items , then they have to abide by sellers

terms and conditions. 

Not if they attempt to override eBay’s T&C. In that case, they’re null and void. You’d think that would be obvious, but apparently not.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply