cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 30 Day FREE Return Policy

I am an execellent seller and agreed to your original 30 day return policy.    Buyer PAYS..

So if I get this right.. I can no longer receive TRS discounts unless I agree to offer to pay shipping to and fro for the buyer .. even buyers remorse!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO INFORCE THIS... I AM GOING TO REFUSE ALL RETURNS!   There is ABSOLUTELY  no point in offering returns of any kind if you take away my TRS!

... Any one else out there of the same opinion?

If my business drops... there are so many other sites now.. I will just move!

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Isn't 10% of $100 $10, not $1....??? BIG DIFFERENCE to some IMO.

Message 31 of 50
latest reply

@olympic2 wrote:

I find that to be INCORRECT!!!  It is stated by eBay:      30-day free returns is a retail returns standard and a buyer expectation. Starting June 1, 2018, Top Rated Sellers will be required to offer 30-day free returns to be eligible to receive Top Rated Plus benefits!

Furthermore Discount is 10%... not 1%

You are so right. I contacted Ebay (USA) and found out I have to accept a return for just about any reason (changes their mind, don't like it) and I HAVE to pay for them to send it back to me.  Yes, the 10% isn't worth the hassle, but from what I understood Ebay can take money out of our accounts to pay the unhappy buyer for that return shipping.

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 32 of 50
latest reply

It doesn't necessarily mean you will see a drop in sales if you give up TRS.

Many buyers don't think it means anything.  I've seen some that will actively avoid a TRS seller because of past bad experiences.

Message 33 of 50
latest reply

I am a TRS playing this 30 Day FREE RETURN to keep my status. I am being selective about which listings will be included to keep my TRS status. We can select a different return policy for each listing. Though it hasn't impacted me yet, I suspect it will, as time goes by. Eventually, it is highly likely that my return rate costs will exceed the TRS discount on FVF's. Monetarily, maybe not such a good thing. The trade-off worth considering, for now, is VISIBILITY. Once I achieved TRS status, sales SKY-ROCKETED, literally overnight! This is due to 1 of 2 possibilities (or both).. buyers put more TRUST in TRS's, and/or eBay controls and/or allows preferential visibility to TRS's. I'm not sure how visibility (even for TSR's) will be impacted by the upcoming changes in Aug/Sept. But for now, while my return costs are still minimal, I am willing to live with increased visibility, which has produced increased profits. This doesn't mean I am excited about or content with the direction eBay has taken this "return" policy change. Just saying there are still "unexpressed" trade-offs I am willing to live with for now. If it weren't for that, I would agree with you about "Will your return rate costs exceed the TRS+ discount? If so, don't do it."
Message 34 of 50
latest reply

Yes, still learning, and I believe I have confused TRS with TRS+..... if I can remain a TRS with increased visibility, then that is really and only what I am concerned with. The discount for TRS+ discount is NOT worth it, imo!
Message 35 of 50
latest reply

@flippintickled wrote:
Yes, still learning, and I believe I have confused TRS with TRS+..... if I can remain a TRS with increased visibility, then that is really and only what I am concerned with. The discount for TRS+ discount is NOT worth it, imo!

That is the catch..if you sell clothing you probably won't get visibility in the millions being listed.  TRS will still give you the 10% discount but without the Top Rated Seller badge/emblem the views will probably go down...I know mine have.  And as a Buyer and not only a Seller that is what I look for when buying, too.

Message 36 of 50
latest reply

@714gorilla wrote:
 .....if you sell clothing you probably won't get visibility in the millions being listed.  TRS will still give you the 10% discount but without the Top Rated Seller badge/emblem the views will probably go down...

They will not get the 10% FVF credit, which also requires 30-day free returns in most categories..

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

Message 37 of 50
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@714gorilla wrote:
 .....if you sell clothing you probably won't get visibility in the millions being listed.  TRS will still give you the 10% discount but without the Top Rated Seller badge/emblem the views will probably go down...

They will not get the 10% FVF credit, which also requires 30-day free returns in most categories..

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

I have talked to EBay (USA) twice and my information is correct.  I'm not sure where you got that link, but you'll find many contradicting links as I did, which is why I personally called Ebay to clarify it twice.  Top Rated Sellers who offer the 1 day shipping and 30 day returns but do not offer 'free returns' which pays for the buyer's return shipping to send it back only miss out on having the special seal but will still receive the 10% discount on the Final Value Fees (for what it's worth).

Anyone else questioning it should call Ebay Returns department and make sure you're talking to USA only.

Message 38 of 50
latest reply

@714gorilla wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@714gorilla wrote:

I have talked to EBay (USA) twice and my information is correct.  I'm not sure where you got that link, but you'll find many contradicting links as I did, which is why I personally called Ebay to clarify it twice.  Top Rated Sellers who offer the 1 day shipping and 30 day returns but do not offer 'free returns' which pays for the buyer's return shipping to send it back only miss out on having the special seal but will still receive the 10% discount on the Final Value Fees (for what it's worth).

Anyone else questioning it should call Ebay Returns department and make sure you're talking to USA only.

Finally.......after spending 2 hours on the phone with Ebay (again) and getting 3 completely different answers I think that even though someone is a Top Rated Seller and offers a 30 day return along with 1 day shipping, they DO have to jump through another hoop of paying out-of-pocket so a Buyer can return the item for whatever reason (remorse, doesn't fit even though all the measurements are in the description and they didn't check them, they don't like the color afterall...whatever).  It seems to depend on who you talk to on what day the answer you get.  One person told me that on June 26th they were doing away with making Sellers pay for a Buyer's return and all Returns would be no charge to Sellers......no wonder we're all confused.  So Nobody's Perfect was correct with his/her response.

Ebay should have never released ANY changes without making it clear to their representatives especially, who are suppose to clarify it to the Sellers/Buyers. 

Message 39 of 50
latest reply

@714gorilla wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@714gorilla wrote:

I have talked to EBay (USA) twice and my information is correct.  I'm not sure where you got that link, ...

That link is from the Spring Seller Update.  It specifies the  categories in which sellers can get the 10% credit if they offer 30-day returns that are not free.  Clothing is not one of the exempted categories.  In most categories, free 30-day returns are required for the 10% FVF credit.

Customer service is a completely unreliable resource regarding new policies.

Message 40 of 50
latest reply

My sales have improved this month and I no longer have the badge on any of my listings.   

Message 41 of 50
latest reply

I was offering 14 day returns, buyer pays.  Now I'm going back to No Returns.

I can't wait 30 days for a buyer to decide if they really want something or not. 

Message 42 of 50
latest reply

You don't even have to keep the TRS.  Many buyers don't think it means anything due to bad experiences.  Losing it probably won't make a difference to your sales.  And it won't change you from a good seller to a bad one if you were a good seller.

Message 43 of 50
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

You don't even have to keep the TRS.  Many buyers don't think it means anything due to bad experiences.  Losing it probably won't make a difference to your sales.  And it won't change you from a good seller to a bad one if you were a good seller.

You're so right.  It was worth it when Ebay gave the 20% discount on FVF but 10%?  No.  And keeping the TRS rating?  No seal/emblem on listings = no views for many and no views = no sales.

Message 44 of 50
latest reply

I agree absolutely.

NO company in the world guaratees free 30 day returns at seller cost....amazon, walmart, target,etc.

eBay is OUT OF ITS MIND.

As a seller I have been taken advantage of by buyers without this ultra ridiculous policy!!

GO FISH  elsewhere eBay.

Message 45 of 50
latest reply