cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback

I just had a buyer leave me terrible negative feedback and Ebay sided with the buyer.  If anyone knows a phone number to contact Ebay and speak with a real person, I would appreciate it.  They absolutely need to hear the whole story.  Also, why aren't we allowed to leave negative feedback to buyers?  It seems Ebay doesn't care about us sellers, but with no sellers there are no buyers.  Ive been a seller for over twenty years, and always have gotten positive feedback.  Please help1

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Negative Feedback

@movieman630 wrote:

I would have politely asked them to reconsider their FB and revise it since they are new to ebay.  If they were "mean" about it I'd leave them a negative saying exactly what happened.  Fair is fair.

And that is exactly part of the reasoning that Ebay used to remove the option for sellers.  To many used it as a retaliatory method of punishing the buyer for some perceived wrong done to the seller.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 46 of 72
latest reply

Sellers who have a bad experience with a customer can permanently Block that customer from buying again.

Message 47 of 72
latest reply

@jstars wrote:

You have a "0" feedback score. You opinion is worth the price paid. 

Some with high numbered feedback are more clueless as to policies than those with 0 feedback.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 48 of 72
latest reply

It's not "punishment" if it's deserved. 

Message 49 of 72
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@movieman630 wrote:

I would have politely asked them to reconsider their FB and revise it since they are new to ebay.  If they were "mean" about it I'd leave them a negative saying exactly what happened.  Fair is fair.

And that is exactly part of the reasoning that Ebay used to remove the option for sellers.  To many used it as a retaliatory method of punishing the buyer for some perceived wrong done to the seller.

Yes, he actually showed why sellers shouldn't be able to leave negative impact.

Also negative feedback would increase buyers moving to a different marketplace that gives a more positive experience.

Sadly the actions of movieman potentially harms me.

Message 50 of 72
latest reply

@movieman630 wrote:

It's not "punishment" if it's deserved. 

If you would have left FB for this buyer BEFORE they left you a negative FB, you would have likely posted positive FB on that buyer.  But now that they gave you negative, you want to give them negative.

With all that said, since you don't want to spend time trying to get them removed as you said in an earlier post, I'm not sure it is worth really discussing.  You are putting far more effort into discussing them here on this thread than it would take to get at least one of them removed.

Message 51 of 72
latest reply

Its best to just move on.  You can request eBay remove the feedback through the help menu but the customer service team will not review your request.  They'll just send you an automated message of why your request is being denied.

eBay will not remove any feedback even if you provide sufficient proof that the buyer violated the feedback policy because eBay wants "to give everyone the chance to share their experiences."   Everyone but the seller because sellers can only leave positive feedback. 

Also, I am willing to bet most buyers do not care as much (or at all) about your feedback score as you do.  100% positive is meaningless because its just a matter of time before a seller crosses paths with an unreasonable buyer.   Just don't drop below 90%.

Message 52 of 72
latest reply

@ninepurple wrote:

Its best to just move on.  You can request eBay remove the feedback through the help menu but the customer service team will not review your request.  They'll just send you an automated message of why your request is being denied.

eBay will not remove any feedback even if you provide sufficient proof that the buyer violated the feedback policy because eBay wants "to give everyone the chance to share their experiences."   Everyone but the seller because sellers can only leave positive feedback. 

Also, I am willing to bet most buyers do not care as much (or at all) about your feedback score as you do.  100% positive is meaningless because its just a matter of time before a seller crosses paths with an unreasonable buyer.   Just don't drop below 90%.

@ninepurple 

You simply should have contacted CS again.  They don't always get it right the first time.  You have the right to contact CS after you have tried the automated version of having FB removed and it failed.  However it is highly likely that the outcome would be the same.  It does not appear that the buyer in either case has broken any feedback rules.  They stated the facts as they see them.

Because you resolved their issues quickly one would hope the buyer would be more understanding, however there is nothing in the rules that says they have to be understanding and they did have a bad buying experience [BBE], which we all try to avoid.

Now just as a word or caution, your remarks to the feedback start out OK but end up blaming the buyer and that you should NEVER do when commenting on FB.  It makes you look bad to prospective buyers.  You need to remember that what is on your FB page, written by you especially, is very important to buyers.  It shows them what kind of seller you are.  Asking others to "avoid this person" is not good nor is " do not do business with this person" in all caps.  While it may make you feel a little better, it is self harm to your account that simply is unnecessary.

What policy is it that you think either of your negatives broke?  That could be very important info that may help you.  So what specific policy did either or both of them break?

"Everyone but the seller because sellers can only leave positive feedback. "  It helps to remember that each transaction on Ebay is a Business Transaction, NOT a personal transaction.  What other site, like Ebay, allows sellers to publicly humiliate their customers.  Leaving negative FB for a buyer is simply BAD business.  And what you are talking about if you want to leave FB After they left FB for you is retaliatory which is one of the reasons Ebay doesn't allow it anymore.

Message 53 of 72
latest reply

Have you tried 1-866-540-3229 

Message 54 of 72
latest reply

@fleamarketfinds7 wrote:

Have you tried 1-866-540-3229 

@fleamarketfinds7 

Ebay doesn't have a Call Center anymore, since the Pandemic.  Careful with offering phone numbers as there are lots of Ebay scams using fake number.  This one you used here is the old Call Center number, I think.  Here is more current info on contacting Ebay.

On each Ebay page there is a link to contact Customer Service at the top of the page and again at the bottom of the page.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service. Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is. Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message. It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left. If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options. Not all options are available 24/7. It will depend on staffing available. So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't. Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me. If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 55 of 72
latest reply

i only offered since i spoke to ebay customer service on that number

Message 56 of 72
latest reply

sorry i spoke to them yesterday April 11th

Message 57 of 72
latest reply

@fleamarketfinds7 

That is not an eBay number. Did you get it off of the internet? I wouldn't trust any number that you can google.  As @mam98031 made very clear, there has not been a direct number to eBay in several years.  For all you know you divulged info that could hurt your account to someone who is most likely not associated with eBay.  Please do not post any more numbers that may not be valid and could be fake, not to mention malicious.  Contact ebay thru facebook and you will get more hands on, correct answers and advice there. 

Message 58 of 72
latest reply

@fleamarketfinds7 

Are you sure? My guess is it was not eBay at all.  Be careful.  Scammers are EVERYWHERE!

Message 59 of 72
latest reply

"eBay could easily afford to shed millions of sellers" this is unfortunately so true. The main reason why eBay doesn't cater to sellers at all, because the site is oversaturated with sellers who are selling very similar, or the same items.

Message 60 of 72
latest reply