cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback

I just had a buyer leave me terrible negative feedback and Ebay sided with the buyer.  If anyone knows a phone number to contact Ebay and speak with a real person, I would appreciate it.  They absolutely need to hear the whole story.  Also, why aren't we allowed to leave negative feedback to buyers?  It seems Ebay doesn't care about us sellers, but with no sellers there are no buyers.  Ive been a seller for over twenty years, and always have gotten positive feedback.  Please help1

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Negative Feedback

I believe in "equal application of the law" and that translates into right and wrong too.  A company should not have lopsided policies. 

Message 31 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

Ebay isn't going to allow sellers to give negative feedback to buyers.

I'm confident that won't change. Feedback is lopsided on most marketplaces. At least the big ones and I'm not talking the local meet up ones. Ebay isn't going to lower themselves to that level.

So it's better to look at alternative options. Something eBay might actually change.

Otherwise you are just going to whine and be unhappy constantly for something that isn't going to change.

Message 32 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

They better start valuing sellers at least as much as buyers.  Many sellers here are also buyers.  They lose two revenue streams if those people leave.

Message 33 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@ckimodog 

Case in point: Me

Message 34 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@movieman630 

The update to the Feedback page was cosmetic only.  It had nothing to do with any of your current challenges with feedback.

The only "cooling off period" was a perk of being a Power Seller that was given to TRS when they shut down the Power Seller program.  And that is for 7 days after the purchase a buyer couldn't leave negative FB on the seller.  But on day 8 they could if they wanted to.

For what it is worth, you might be able to get that 2nd negative removed since they said they are upset about you not cancelling the order when they ask and then further upset to find you had blocked them.

On the 3rd most recent one you received, seems you only need to reach out to this buyer and offer to send them a FB revision form and they would since they commented they are OK now and all is good.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 35 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@robbie31415 wrote:

I don't believe in leaving buyers negative feedback personally.

I do believe since only positive feedback for buyers then the feedback should be removed. It's basically 1) to make buyers feel better 2) see that they have purchased multiple times.

Outside of that it tells nothing.

Personally I believe buyer feedback should not be visible. And then sellers can leave honest feedback positive or negative. More for internal purposes eBay can reflect on.

Buyers feedback number that's visible to change to something like purchase count.

What I'd like to see is what most other similar sites have done and that is to do away with buyer feedback all together.  As they currently are, they don't mean anything except to the buyer themselves.

Message 36 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@movieman630 wrote:

I believe in "equal application of the law" and that translates into right and wrong too.  A company should not have lopsided policies. 

So you most current negative FB was about their item not arriving.  If you had the ability to leave negative FB for buyers, what kind of FB would you have left for this buyer?  Just curious.

Message 37 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

the buyer was not made to return and got to keep item

Were you told to send return shipping?
Did you send return shipping?

Even if you have a No Returns policy, you are still allowed to demand the return before refunding.

You will probably be paying for the return.

Message 38 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@mam98031 wrote:

@movieman630 wrote:

So you most current negative FB was about their item not arriving.  If you had the ability to leave negative FB for buyers, what kind of FB would you have left for this buyer?  Just curious.

I've been saying this for yeara. You'll NEVER find a seller who will leave a positive feedback to a buyer who left them a negative.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 39 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@inhawaii wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@movieman630 wrote:

I've been saying this for yeara. You'll NEVER find a seller who will leave a positive feedback to a buyer who left them a negative.

I did back in the day when we could leave negative FB.  I did not leave negative on a buyer unless they did something to merit it, like not paying or something like that.  I never left negative on a buyer that was retaliatory.  But of course I'm only speaking for myself.

Or if you are a seller that leaves FB right after the item is paid for, then it would be positive FB.

Message 40 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

Usually where there's a story, that's likely part of the reason for the feedback.

Message 41 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

Ebay denied my request to remove the "cancelled transaction" FB and after the 3rd I'm just giving up even asking anymore.  I'm burned out.  I could care less.

Message 42 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

I would have politely asked them to reconsider their FB and revise it since they are new to ebay.  If they were "mean" about it I'd leave them a negative saying exactly what happened.  Fair is fair.

Message 43 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

Many sellers here are also buyers.

And many are not.

I live in a small city.

There is very little I need to shop for online and most of that I could find in a B&M if the B&M was on a bus line.

DD on the other hand lives in a community of only 9000 and the nearest WalMart is two mountain passes away in Nelson BC.

EBay is a good source for collectibles, some plus-size used designer garments, and out of print books.

Message 44 of 68
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@movieman630 wrote:

Ebay denied my request to remove the "cancelled transaction" FB and after the 3rd I'm just giving up even asking anymore.  I'm burned out.  I could care less.

I get the "burned out" part, but clearly the "I could care less" part isn't true judging from your posts on this thread.

Message 45 of 68
latest reply