cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback for Buyer (Suggestion)

I have no idea where else to make this suggestion, and I did submit it as suggenstion in the past.

Basically, I have once again been stiffed by a buyer for one of my auctions. And I am not the only one this time; another seller left them Positive feedback with a negative comment because as a seller, that's all we can do.

My suggestion to eBay is this: When a seller does not pay for an auction, after the resolution center has closed the case, an automatic Negative Feedback response should be generated for the non-paying Buyer that simply says, "Buyer did not pay for auction."

That still protects the Buyer from retalitory feedback from a Seller, yet it punishes them the same way a Seller can get punished. A strike on their account and the ability to add them to our Block List is simply not enough. And for me, leaving Positive Feedback with a negative comment is not an option.

I'm really tired of dealing with non-paying Buyers and no way to publicly flag them.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Negative Feedback for Buyer (Suggestion)

Feedback was ebays "gimmick" that set them apart from everyone else. It worked well in the early years. They have since tried to abandon it as a signifigant factor in sales. That is just the direction they are taking. There is really nothing we can do about it.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 16 of 32
latest reply

My suggestion to eBay is this: When a seller does not pay for an auction, after the resolution center has closed the case, an automatic Negative Feedback response should be generated for the non-paying Buyer that simply says, "Buyer did not pay for auction."

Ebay will never, ever disparage their buyers in a public way.

Nor will any other company which studies the results of what happened when ebay did do that.

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

I just don't think it's enough of a deterrent.

So what?

If deterrent was the primary goal, you'd have to be pursuing capital penalties.

Deterrent is not the primary goal.

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

just like any one size fits all, they would be battling buyers who had legit reasons for not paying........sellers tried to up shipping or whatever........  they are NEVER going to allow disparagement of even lousy buyers on this site.  They do kick some off and may tighten down on that....and supposedly that's what the immediate payment change is meant to do.......lessen the non payers.

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

Who do you think reads feedback?

Not the deadbeatt buyer.

He knows your opinion and doesn't care.

Not other sellers.

Over 80% of transactions are Fixed Price and the seller meets the buyer when he purchases.

In the 15% or so of transactions that are Auctions, most have the Buy It Now option and the seller meets the buyer when he purchases.

In the Auctions that actually go to the end, the greatest number end with only one buyer, or active bidding in the last few seconds or snipe bidding and the seller meets the buyer when he purchases.

So who reads feedback?

Your future buyers.

Do you want their first impression of you to be nasty remarks about another customer?

The UID warns other sellers by Blocking automatically bids from deadbeats with 2 or more Strikes in the past 12 months.

Seems a reasonable system to me.

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

Well, there is indeed nothing wrong with dreaming.

Here's the reality:

1.   All buyers are perfect, absolute God-like beings.

2.  Saying anything negative about a buyer is worse that terrorism

3.  Ebay loves your suggestions. Especially when you keep them to yourself.

4.  When someone steals from Ebay, or You, it is YOU who indemnifies.

5.  If you disagree with anything about the site, it will change soon anyway.

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

You are not allowed to leave a negatively worded positive feedback for a buyer.

CW4PWK--Taji,Iraq-42404
'They won't get it all, and they won't have it long.'

'You gotta see those creeps crawl...' Echo & the Bunnymen-"Crocodiles'
Message 22 of 32
latest reply

I didn't read past the first few posts.   This topic is starting to pop up as often as pheedback.

It is not going to happen; a seller is not going to be able to leave negative feedback for a buyer.  

The. End.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 23 of 32
latest reply

I totally agree with you, but Martin Luther King and Jesus of Nazareth both had dreams and look where it got them. Next you'll want peple to be locked up for **bleep** and murder. This is 2017 !!!  Our Governor stole 55 million from Medicare and look where it got him !!! Honesty and fairness are the thing to be found in textbooks now.

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

There is one kind of buyer on this site: The kind to be worshipped and feared. If they steal, it's all OK.....the seller will finance the loss. EVERY time !!! Nice and easy !!! And the buyer just steals again a day or two later, the venue makes their money !

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

@t-dubsgp wrote:

it punishes them the same way a Seller can get punished.

Buyers can create a new account, wipe the slate clean, and carry on as before.  Most buyers would do this, and thus would not be punished at all. 

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

@campesinoplastic2014 wrote:

There is one kind of buyer on this site: The kind to be worshipped and feared. If they steal, it's all OK.....the seller will finance the loss. EVERY time !!! Nice and easy !!! And the buyer just steals again a day or two later, the venue makes their money !

There is more than one kind of buyer on this site. I am a buyer only, and sellers have no reason to worship me or fear me. I buy or win and then I pay.

I only stir up a fuss when a seller has intentionally lied about condition, failed to properly inspect items for flaws, or cancels because they didn't get enough money.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@campesinoplastic2014 wrote:

I totally agree with you, but Martin Luther King and Jesus of Nazareth both had dreams and look where it got them. Next you'll want peple to be locked up for **bleep** and murder. This is 2017 !!!  Our Governor stole 55 million from Medicare and look where it got him !!! Honesty and fairness are the thing to be found in textbooks now.

You have got to be kidding me.

You are comparing impotent, probably incompetent, and petty eBay hobby sellers who want to act as some kind of eBay police force by shaming deadbeat buyers- to MLK and Jesus Christ?

you're not even making sense. Yes of course I want people locked up for murder. Hello? And whatever state's Governor that stole 55M? Throw him in the pokey too.

But little miss Suzy Q that changed her mind about paying for her Size L Hello Kitty sweatshirt after she bid on it? eBay will leave her alone because when she does finally pay for something? They make $.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

I totally agree with your suggestions, t-dubsgp.

My thoughts are that no store would put up with non-payers, cheaters, scammers, etc. I do not agree as some like to say here that's it's just a part of doing business. No, it is not. If it is, then you act. You eliminate the problem. This passive behavior on the part of ebay is unfair, old-fashioned, and doesn't resolve the problems for sellers.

I want to sell here and feel comfortable, unfortunately, I don't. I'm winding down my listings for now because ebay is a scary place. I'm not even a big seller by any stretch, but this place only seems to cater to scammers and big sellers.

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

Nonpayers have nothing to do with scammers and cheaters. They're like you going into a store, taking something up to the register and deciding you don't want it. It's an inconvenience because they have to put it back on the shelf. 

Comparing non-paying bidders to scammers is like apples and elephants.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply