cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback for Buyer (Suggestion)

I have no idea where else to make this suggestion, and I did submit it as suggenstion in the past.

Basically, I have once again been stiffed by a buyer for one of my auctions. And I am not the only one this time; another seller left them Positive feedback with a negative comment because as a seller, that's all we can do.

My suggestion to eBay is this: When a seller does not pay for an auction, after the resolution center has closed the case, an automatic Negative Feedback response should be generated for the non-paying Buyer that simply says, "Buyer did not pay for auction."

That still protects the Buyer from retalitory feedback from a Seller, yet it punishes them the same way a Seller can get punished. A strike on their account and the ability to add them to our Block List is simply not enough. And for me, leaving Positive Feedback with a negative comment is not an option.

I'm really tired of dealing with non-paying Buyers and no way to publicly flag them.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Negative Feedback for Buyer (Suggestion)

@t-dubsgp wrote:

I'm really tired of dealing with non-paying Buyers and no way to publicly flag them.

Only when sellers follow through with the non-paying buyer system (which has been in place for years) will the problem go away

Scammers, cheats, and scofflaws only target places where they can "ply their trade" with impunity

Leaving "bad feedback" is a joke ...

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Re: Negative Feedback for Buyer (Suggestion)

@t-dubsgp wrote:

I have no idea where else to make this suggestion, and I did submit it as suggenstion in the past.

Basically, I have once again been stiffed by a buyer for one of my auctions. And I am not the only one this time; another seller left them Positive feedback with a negative comment because as a seller, that's all we can do.

My suggestion to eBay is this: When a seller does not pay for an auction, after the resolution center has closed the case, an automatic Negative Feedback response should be generated for the non-paying Buyer that simply says, "Buyer did not pay for auction."

That still protects the Buyer from retalitory feedback from a Seller, yet it punishes them the same way a Seller can get punished. A strike on their account and the ability to add them to our Block List is simply not enough. And for me, leaving Positive Feedback with a negative comment is not an option.

Um....I'm not following your logic. Your buyer had the only "negative" feedback a buyer can receive--a FALSE positive feedback stating he was a non-paying bidder. It didn't deter him from doing the same thing to you. So how would a TRUE negative feedback be a deterrent? You really think that little red donut would change things?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 32 of 32
latest reply