cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW PHONE SCAM! PAYPAL 180 DAY DEFUNCT RETURN POLICY!

So long sotry short , been selling phones on Ebay (only takes paypal now hmmm) for almost 10 years with 1800 positive 100% flawless feedback. This case sold a phone 5 months ago to a buyer who now wants to return the phone claiming it has a balance of $5000 owed on it and YES Ebay's 30 day return policy is FALSE and UNTRUE due to Paypal's 180 day return policy,thats 6 moths!!!The buyer left POSITIVE feedback 5 moths ago as well saying the phone was "better than expected" !!! If there was any money owed on it the phone would show up as financed and have a BAD esn and unusable to the buyer from day ONE. with a $5000 balance lol. 

So all you have to do if your hard up for cash ,buy a phone off ebay , get a contract with a carrier and dont pay your bills then when the carrier shuts off your phone a few months later just file a claim with paypal and get your original purchase price refunded. Easy SCAM which Paypal is encouraging with their defunct and unehical 180 day return policy LOL! When you buy a used car here in the USA do you think you can return it up to 6 months later??? The answer is NO.I am all for Ebays 30 day policy but this 6 moths is insane.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: NEW PHONE SCAM! PAYPAL 180 DAY DEFUNCT RETURN POLICY!

was he yelling at this website:    http://www.ebaylawsuit.com/

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

I'm sure the buyer just wants a new phone. Better then the 180 days with PayPal, buyers typically have a 1 year or more with most major credit cards. Return for refund, is all you can say. At least the buyer has to pay return shipping.

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

Coming from someone with ZERO sales ?  Are you another Ebay shill? Who knows , who cares. I have lots of listing to do on Swappa.com     Good luck 

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

@redsun21 wrote:

Coming from someone with ZERO sales ?  Are you another Ebay shill? Who knows , who cares. I have lots of listing to do on Swappa.com     Good luck 

I'm not the one out $500, you are. If it has a clean IMEI number, just resell it. I wrote about SNAD and how to win them (on this id) back in Nov 2016, I suggest you read it. Most people are here to help, you can attack them if you wish but if you ignore them, this will always be the out come. There still is one fight left in this, but I'll leave that to you to figure out since you don't want my advice. Good Luck.

Message 49 of 52
latest reply

But Ebay didnt do this to you, paypal did...
Message 50 of 52
latest reply

@redsun21 wrote:

was he yelling at this website:  ...

You do realize that you can't sue eBay. Oh, that's right, you didn't bother to read the UA that you signed and agreed to arbitration.

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

@redsun21 wrote:

was he yelling at this website:    http://www.ebaylawsuit.com/

Heh. Actually if you read that website you will see that its just some honked off guy collecting signatures. He still hasnt found any attorney willing to take on his case. Says he is still 'interviewing' law firms. Good luck with that!

Also the guy yelling at the waves was King Canute. Funny thing was that in the original story he did that to make a point. That even a king cant control everything. He was not some clueless leader trying to order around everything and expecting it to work. It was the opposite. 

Message 52 of 52
latest reply