cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW PHONE SCAM! PAYPAL 180 DAY DEFUNCT RETURN POLICY!

So long sotry short , been selling phones on Ebay (only takes paypal now hmmm) for almost 10 years with 1800 positive 100% flawless feedback. This case sold a phone 5 months ago to a buyer who now wants to return the phone claiming it has a balance of $5000 owed on it and YES Ebay's 30 day return policy is FALSE and UNTRUE due to Paypal's 180 day return policy,thats 6 moths!!!The buyer left POSITIVE feedback 5 moths ago as well saying the phone was "better than expected" !!! If there was any money owed on it the phone would show up as financed and have a BAD esn and unusable to the buyer from day ONE. with a $5000 balance lol. 

So all you have to do if your hard up for cash ,buy a phone off ebay , get a contract with a carrier and dont pay your bills then when the carrier shuts off your phone a few months later just file a claim with paypal and get your original purchase price refunded. Easy SCAM which Paypal is encouraging with their defunct and unehical 180 day return policy LOL! When you buy a used car here in the USA do you think you can return it up to 6 months later??? The answer is NO.I am all for Ebays 30 day policy but this 6 moths is insane.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

"get your original purchase price refunded."

Only if the buyer returns the phone.

Have they done so?

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

getting ready to. 

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

also no brakes , how come you have ZERO feedback? do you work for Ebay ? just curious.

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

"no-brakes" uses a posting ID, as well as many others here..it's a safe way to keep your selling ID safe from people who don't like certain answers or comments and can go around mess with their auctions..

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

Probably a posting ID?

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

omg. really. people would actually stoop so low and mess with people like that? thats sad. sad human life forms.

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

I've seen it in many years I have been lurking around the forums..yep, some people are just very vindictive..

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

I used to buy, sell, and post under the same ID until some basement dweller did not like the advice I gave him and started to mess with my account.

So yes it can and does happen.

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

how did they mess with your account? 

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

eBay is not aka PayPal

PayPal is not aka eBay

Posters use posting IDs, especcially sellers-only

PayPal's 180-day buyer protection is not new

You are upset enough to make me believe that out of 1800 sales, this is the first one that headed South...congrats on a stellar record selling cellphones online!

That puts to bed the myth that cellphones are a scam magnet 😃

Cheers!

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 11 of 52
latest reply

Similar thing happened to me months ago.  Foreign buyer over a stupid $10.00 advertisement /ad purchased through eBay's Global Shipping Program.  Bought, paid, shipped, received, positive feedback left (Love the Ad!  so Rare!, etc., nothing but praise).  Several months later Buyer files a claim via PayPal "Unathorized Credit Card Use", blah, blah, blah.  Naturally, eBay no longer has any "tracking information" available.  PayPal wants tracking info.  It's there on PayPal, as they are linked to eBay.  Didn't matter one bit.  PayPal was asking for tracking info ... Hello?  You have the tracking info right in front of you!  PayPal ruled against me and refunded the buyer.  Really?  I started to delete eBay's GSP international shipping option from my listings.  Haven't gotten it done on all of them.  But total **bleep**.  You're not alone.

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

I've always wonder about that myself how would they mess with your account? Would they have to purchase something to begin with?

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

lmao !  yes 180 day PAYPAL policy is new news to my ears indeed. and yes 1800 positive feedback since Ebay was even conceived (you?) is indeed AWESOME but yes this is the FIRST time someone has filed a case with Paypal to return an item 5 MONTHS after using it LOL!!!!! Dont be salty!

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

@redsun21 wrote:

omg. really. people would actually stoop so low and mess with people like that? thats sad. sad human life forms.

Early on I bought,sold & posted with one ID.

After 2 sellers disagreed with my views they purchased items & open false SNADS.

Then left negs...fortunately I was able to have those removed.

Now I have 2 buying ids,2 selling ids & this posting id.

Hope this issue works out for you.

I have found out that most times when you insist on return for refund the buyer goes silent...paricularly if they are required to pay for the return.

Message 15 of 52
latest reply