cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to PTY adress. Any risks?

Hi all,

I have good experience selling on ebay but for first time iam supposed to 

sell to an adress in a USA written in a form that looks strange to me or at least i do not 

remember seen before.

The adress starts with PTY then 5 digits.

I always double check the shipping adresses using melissa address check.  For the spesific adress i get the message that adress is verified but with red letters i get a warning:

"Address is a Commercial Mail Receiving Agency (CMRA) and missing PMB number (AE14)."

I contacted the buyer which btw has a good feedback as buyer and seems also a very nice person and said that there is no problem at all or any mistake in address.

I wanted to know if there is any reason to have any concern for this transaction.

I always ship items with tracking number and registered through USPS office in Cyprus. 

I never had any issues before since items are traceble inside USA but i cannot understand if this adress is in fact located in US and what exactly is  PTY. Can someone help out? I need to ship by tomorrow.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

PTY and a number sounds like an account number at a private mail drop. If it has an actual street address and city - state - ZIP code then it should be fine. The Usps will get your package to that street address and then the company there will know who PTY-number is and hand it over to them.

Your delivery confirmation will be when the Usps delivers the package to that address so you dont have to worry who PTY-number actualy is.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

PTY and a number sounds like an account number at a private mail drop. If it has an actual street address and city - state - ZIP code then it should be fine. The Usps will get your package to that street address and then the company there will know who PTY-number is and hand it over to them.

Your delivery confirmation will be when the Usps delivers the package to that address so you dont have to worry who PTY-number actualy is.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It's too bad USPS doesn't set up an office in a lot more overseas countries. Would solve the "foreign shipper/receipient" thing for tracking and return labels.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 3 of 3
latest reply