cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW FEATURE: Upload photos of item recieved to feedback profile! WOW!

Check out the picture.  I was leaving feedback for a seller and check this out.  It allows buyers to upload images of the item that they got from the seller, it says that eBay will be displaying them soon.

So does this mean that pictures of items are now going to be attached to sellers feedback profiles?

How does the selling community feel about this?

I'm interested in what they have to say.  I personally don't mind as a seller.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 21-39-37 Leave Feedback.png

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

51 REPLIES 51

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Anyone-else-notice-Coming-Soon-Pictures-included-with-feedback...

Almost 100 responses - NONE of them in favor. Talk about consistency.

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

Worst idea....

They go run over the item a few times then upload that and act like that's how you sent it to them.

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

@dqdistribution wrote:

Worst idea....

They go run over the item a few times then upload that and act like that's how you sent it to them.

😂

I did think about that if you happen to get a disgruntled or scam buyer. 

Or a competitor.

I just think it's weird that they hid all of our purchase history icons but then they expand the feedback history page with this...so much for some people thinking that eBay is moving away from feedback...

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Anyone-else-notice-Coming-Soon-Pictures-included-with-feedback...

Hah!  I was looking for a post on this but couldn't find any with the search engine on this forum...just about as good as the search engine on eBay.  😂

Thank you @richard1rst , I'm gonna go and look at your post & thread.

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

I'm lucky to sell in a very niche category.  I have the ability to do some extra things that keep my customers very happy so I probably would not have an issue personally. 

I could see this being an issue for many seller however...

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

@richard1rst 

Good to know eBay is in touch with its sellers and knows what we want without having to ask🙄

Can't wait for the next round of eBay improvements that sellers didn't know we wanted or needed.

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

The other post about this showed it in the UK so I was kind of hoping they were only testing it there, but it looks like it's in the US too. ☹️

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

The platform barely works now.... messaging system is down again. send offers system is hit or miss, ghost listings are still occurring, listing still takes 2x-3x longer with new improved listing tool, visibility is down, SEARCH is dismally irrelevant, and ebay has staff working on programming more glitches??  Pictures in the feed back are completely worthless and serve NO point.  The whole reason there is feedback is to review the seller-NOT the product.  This is not a product review site.  This feature will quickly be abused and will do nothing to improve the platform.   

JUST FIX THE ACTUALL ISSUES THAT PLAUGE THE PLATFORM AND STOP MAKING MORE PROBLEMS FOR BUYERS AND SELLERS

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

Allowing buyers to upload pictures to feedback is pretty much stupid on a good day.  Etsy started doing this same program about 6 to 9 months ago.  The results were not well received by the sellers for good reason.

Buyers were uploading selfies, TikTok images and tons of pictures that were irrelevant to the original purchase.  Some were basically R rated or worse.  The program is still in effect on Etsy but is definitely a can of worms that is requiring Etsy to police the uploaded images.  What a waste of tech money that should be spent on fixing all of the **bleep** glitches on both eBay and Etsy....

The images that have been uploaded in my Etsy account are not bad but most are shot with low lighting and questionable photographic ability.  I spend soooo much time making sure my photos look good and do the best I can to make them color accurate.... **bleep**,  it is so frustrating that I will now be judged on less than accurate photos on both venues.

On top of that you have the negative feedback people that will be submitting completely inaccurate photos.

Thanks eBay for your new and brilliant ideas....  Seriously,  can you please fix the broken stuff first?!!!

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

Next up - VIDEOS! 

U19u.gif

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 52
latest reply

LOL!

Also, Exhibit A in the lawsuit against the seller who sold the pole....

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

@chapeau-noir 

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

You are both sooo funny....LOL...LOL

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

COMPLETELY HILARIOUS, and a real possibility for buyers to leave all kinds of ridiculous pictures as well. I worry about competitors buying product just so they can slam you with an unremovable picture that will sit there for months or even a year and if that happens I am going to be all over my concierge service on here until they remove it. They better be hiring extra staff to handle this mess.

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

Here is a photo of the seller who sold me a gold ring and it was so tight that I got gangrene on my finger and I am suing the seller. LOL!!!!!

Message 15 of 52
latest reply