cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW FEATURE: Upload photos of item recieved to feedback profile! WOW!

Check out the picture.  I was leaving feedback for a seller and check this out.  It allows buyers to upload images of the item that they got from the seller, it says that eBay will be displaying them soon.

So does this mean that pictures of items are now going to be attached to sellers feedback profiles?

How does the selling community feel about this?

I'm interested in what they have to say.  I personally don't mind as a seller.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 21-39-37 Leave Feedback.png

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

YES, I agree, the photos I see left by buyers on Etsy look terrible for the most part. Does absolutely nothing or may make sellers items look bad. Now that’s a way to drum up business is it not? Not.

Message 16 of 52
latest reply

Photos in FB is one of the dumbest things eBay has ever come up with. You can't even get to the feedback page people have been accustomed to seeing for the past 2 decades without multiple clicks now anyway, so FB in general is like "who cares". If everyone left feedback, my number would be like 5000 but it stands at 800 because most people don't bother.

All the tinkering eBay constantly does is like pouring gravel in the gears. Can I have another 3 week spell of no traffic and no sales to go with the next bright idea?

Message 17 of 52
latest reply

I don't really have an issue with it, though I think there are 100 things I think they could have fixed before wasting resources on this.  But every other internet company has it, so I can see why they want to keep up with the Jones'. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 18 of 52
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

I don't really have an issue with it, though I think there are 100 things I think they could have fixed before wasting resources on this.  But every other internet company has it, so I can see why they want to keep up with the Jones'. 

I'm with this.......

I thought the world already ended with 500 Characters for Feedback. Since that came in I've had only one buyer make use of that and all that he said in about 300 Characters was how great a seller I was.

I rate this feature as "more wasted freak out".

slippinjimmy_0-1683080684917.png

Message 19 of 52
latest reply

@slippinjimmy  Yeah, I personally wasn't too concerned about the 500 characters either & though I do get some lenthy FB occasionally, it's usually waxing poetic on how much they like the item.  So, no biggie to me.  If you hop on over to the Buyers Board, you will see a number of posters so upset about the recent changes to FB  screens, that they're not going to leave FB anymore since.   eBay has mucked the flow up so much, they can't easily find anything they want in regards to FB.   Add that to the fact, that only around 30% of buyers even leave FB at all & I just can't get excited about this one...for or against. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 20 of 52
latest reply

So I used this feature and so far the photos haven't shown up on the seller's FB.

Will they show up when they start 'displaying' them or just forget the ones done before they do?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 21 of 52
latest reply

I saw the new feedback screen this morning with the attach photos. Although it is not mentioned, the photo upload is optional. I was able to leave feedback without posting a photo, thank goodness, or the seller would not have gotten feedback from me.  It would have meant that I needed to take the photo with my phone, upload it to the computer, and then go back to the feedback page to post it. Waste of time!!

As a seller myself, I sometimes get photos of my sold item from buyers who are thrilled with their purchase and wanted me to see how they displayed it, but it is through eBay messages as it should be. It's all kept private between buyer and seller.

It is nice to know that the sellers here are against this new feature as I was when I saw it. I hope eBay management will remove this feature soon and are not the type that make changes for change's sake.

Message 22 of 52
latest reply

Considering it could be a picture of anything..sounds like and entertainment 💡 idea...better get some promotional flyers with scan codes to our store 🤔 

Message 23 of 52
latest reply

This is another weapon that an extortionist buyer can use against the seller. Ex: “You better give me a partial refund or I will post a photo of how careless you pack your stuff!” The scammer buyer, of course, will post a trashed box with no bubble wrap and say it is your doing.

Message 24 of 52
latest reply

I sold on Etsy for years, and for years they've had the ability to leave photos with feedback. Out of maybe 900 sales I got all of I believe 5 who left photos with FB, and they were all positive.

There isn't much in this burger.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 25 of 52
latest reply

@lazarustradingco wrote:

This is another weapon that an extortionist buyer can use against the seller. Ex: “You better give me a partial refund or I will post a photo of how careless you pack your stuff!” The scammer buyer, of course, will post a trashed box with no bubble wrap and say it is your doing.

I looked at your feedback received over the past year (quick skim), you have a lot more buyers than I do that have utilized some of the extra 420 characters eBay started allowing, that was also supposed a huge issue going by the board posts at the time.

All the ones you received are gushing about how great a seller you are with super fast service and the outstanding condition of the things you are selling.

"the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" (F.D.R.  March 4, 1933)

Message 26 of 52
latest reply

I think it will be a great opportunity for buyers of "Made in China" products to show exactly what they received in comparison to what the listing advertised. this is eBay shooting off their other foot. They really need someone to talk to, like a public relations professional, or a mental health counsellor. 

Message 27 of 52
latest reply

So who is going to be able to see these photos?  Is eBay actually going to allow us to see (or at least provide a possible clue) what the buyer purchased, when they have been generally hiding it for years?  

I agree with the other poster that "any photo" will probably do anyway, just like the one they ask for in the return flow now.  Buy a cell phone, insert picture of dead duck.  Your return request is processed. 

Message 28 of 52
latest reply

@linda7913 wrote:

I hope eBay management will remove this feature soon and are not the type that make changes for change's sake.

This has to be the laugh of the week.

How long have you been on ebay?

Message 29 of 52
latest reply

And what if that IS the way the buyer received the items? It's not unheard of.

Message 30 of 52
latest reply