cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My listings are showing Zero views? What is going on with No Views?

My Ebay listings are showing zero views? Few items that have watchers are showing no

views? How can this be? Anyone else experiencing no views in your listings? Thanks 🙂 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: My listings are showing Zero views? What is going on with No Views?

I'd like to know who was the knuckle head that signed off on the test case to begin this way of markdowning things down?  They should have included 2 weeks priot to June 25th the officlal start of this horror story where we're all  getting "skipped price".   So now we wait for the engineers fix (right) or 14 days from June 25th.   That a boy eBay - not.

Restriction of free trade is my take on this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I posted a few days ago that one of my items showed 2901 views within four hours of being listed.  Then, later, it showed two dashes for number of views.  This AM, it had 20 views, but now, it has 6.

It hit me that this all could be  conspiracy of sorts: Maybe eBay is deliberately showing us no/few views as a way to get us to wonder if the low views are the result of an eBay algorithm that does not display the listings of those who haven't adopted the new shipping/return guidelines? Maybe people will see no/few views and think, "Well, I guess I just better do the new guidelines so I get some views."

Maybe that's far-fetched, but remember, FaceBook and Amazon both have "experimented" with their users.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@dugoldstuff wrote:

I posted a few days ago that one of my items showed 2901 views within four hours of being listed.  Then, later, it showed two dashes for number of views.  This AM, it had 20 views, but now, it has 6.

It hit me that this all could be  conspiracy of sorts: Maybe eBay is deliberately showing us no/few views as a way to get us to wonder if the low views are the result of an eBay algorithm that does not display the listings of those who haven't adopted the new shipping/return guidelines? Maybe people will see no/few views and think, "Well, I guess I just better do the new guidelines so I get some views."

Maybe that's far-fetched, but remember, FaceBook and Amazon both have "experimented" with their users.

My guess is probably closer to this........

A dozen or so IT guys (and girls) are sitting around a large meeting table stratching their heads and saying things like,

~ What if we try this? or....

~ Maybe if we update that.... 

~ Has anyone tried unplugging it and plugging it back in......

~ Maybe if I hit the side on the server several times....worked for my father when he hit the old zenith.

~ Lets call Batman using the bat signal

~ Lets go to lunch

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

I think they fixed my counter. At least it is displaying something other than dash lines.
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I'm having the same problem (two dashes instead of view number). I refresh the page and sometimes the actual number comes back....and sometimes it doesn't. Very frustrating. 

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

"0" views or "-" views?

0 views is just clogged overloaded servers to such a degree that ebay bots can't even get through to your listings.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

It is now July 5 and still -- showing as views.  I guess they took the 4th off!   It is something bigger because when you look at your own items, it still doesn't show as a view.  Then they will be there for a second and then gone the next.  Crazy!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Yes no dashes just zeros. Lol for me anyway.
Message 23 of 23
latest reply