cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markdown Manager another eBay brain fart?

I already have issues with eBay blocking the 'request total' link in buyers shopping carts, but now I wasted my time with running my monthly sales. I had a buyer waiting for me to create a listing with multiple items (again, 'request total' link is blocked) and I told them everything would be back on sale shortly, but it all shows '0', when it should be over 2,000 items. It changed to 'active' when I copied the sales over but now my item count went to zero. So, not only am I possibly losing this customer, but no telling how many other sales I've missed out on since my sales aren't running.

Tired of the constant changes and screwin' with things that don't need changed. Ebay employees get a regular paycheck. Ebay itself never fails to collect on their money or increasing fee's. But the sellers get the runaround and are hampered on sales. Apologies don't make money and credits towards new listings is a joke.

It's always something.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

And your point? I've read it already. I list new items and let them sit for a month or two, then run a sale on my last grouping, then increase the sale price each month to encourage buyers to grab them before someone else decides the price is low enough. Now am I to understand that I MUST bow down to another 'WE'LL TELL YOU HOW TO RUN YOUR STORE' demand??? And I really like how eBay suggest we use their 'recommended' pricing. IT'S MY STUFF, NOT EBAY'S.

And I'm to assume that now I must sit DEAD IN THE WATER for two freak'in weeks until I can run a sale again??? REALLY?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @racestuff4sale, I'm happy to let you know that because of the feedback we heard from members of the Community, we no longer require 14 days after an item is removed from a markdown sale before it can be placed on sale again. Please go here for more information Smiley Happy 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

OK, then why did my sales show 'active' and a total count for each, but now show '0' for each, yet still 'active'? What am I to do? Do I have to go back and MANUALLY reselect over 2,000 items and start a completely new sale? I don't have time for this.

And why can't eBay just leave things alone? I've talked to a LOT of former eBay sellers that quit and their number one complaint is that there's ALWAYS something they have to deal with because of changes and they just didn't want to spend the time, especially when they thought things were fine the way they were.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

That’s much better. Thanks for the info
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I'm sure all the execs at Montgomery Ward and Sears thought things were fine as they were.

The market changes and sellers need to keep up.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Why is there always someone that has to fluff things? No matter the issue, the 'adapt', 'market changes', 'diversify', etc, always gets thrown in. The original markdown manager was just fine, then we had to adapt to the new version, then more new rules, then a little backtracking after complaints, and I'm still waiting on an answer on what to do NOW.

And this isn't Montgomery Ward or Sears. Ebay has already strayed heavily away from it's inception with auctions. For nearly 20 years I've endured the countless changes and policy demands imposed by eBay.  It seems they want to be everyone else and not themselves.

So, in a nutshell, telling me to 'keep up' doesn't help me now.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Re: Markdown Manager update means no sales for 14 days
in reply to 07-04-2018 07:48:59 AM
brian.t@ebay

I'm happy to let everyone know that because of the feedback we heard from members of the Community, we no longer require 14 days after an item is removed from a markdown sale before it can be placed on sale again. Please go here for more information Smiley Happy

If any members response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and one member's response resolved your question, please click 'Accept as Solution.' More on Accepted Solutions.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I'm guessing you didn't read the prior comments? This same exact paragraph and link has already been posted. And it still doesn't answer my question as to why my items are showing zero, or how to proceed.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

My understanding is, with the new "revision" to the markdown manager update.

if you've changed the price in anyway, within the past 13 days. It still will not qualify to be in the MM you are attempting to start. If you changed the price on an item 13 days ago, you have to wait until tomorrow to use MM on that item. This included any price change - up or down. Also all new listings are still subject to the 14 days where they cannot be added to MM.

so yes, they made another change to MM because sellers were upset - but certain rules still apply. 

Unfortunately, I lowered all of my prices in my store a couple days ago for today's holiday, because I couldnt use MM. Now I restarted the 14 day clock on my store. So I can't have an MM until the 17th. Thing is since many listings are 30 day durations- at least half will end by then and be relisted. Then those listings are considered new. So many of my items won't be eligible to be included with an MM sale for at least a month. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I've read nearly every other thread and comment on eBay's new Markdown Manager complaints...and there are a boatload of them. So far, not one seller has applauded these changes. In fact, nearly all have shown disgust, or are just perplexed on why the changes at all. But, it appears there were two main reasons for them.

1) Every seller, especially the little guys, are being SQUEEZED into accepting eBay's recommended pricing when listing items. Doesn't matter what YOU think, or want, out of YOUR product. Ebay's master price sheet is to be used, or you can just sit and watch your product sit as well. At least until you lower all prices to where they want them, without using MM of course.

Or, 2) start using their promotions. Pretty slick. Your prices are frozen, or you'd at least have to manually change each and every one (I have 2500 myself). And it looks like a number of sellers tried to lower prices prior to the changes, only to regret it.

Beyond that, I see no reason for what they did from a sellers standpoint. They have totally changed my routine and penalized me in the process. And this is on top of BLOCKING the 'request total' link in buyers shopping carts for when items are on sale, claiming the seller has already gave a discount (when all we're trying to do is combine shipping on multiple items). And most sellers do not realize that when they refund money for a buyer paying multiple shipping charges, eBay pockets all of those uneccessary % shipping charges, unless you call and beg for a credit each and every time. They're making millions for doing absolutely nothing. Go ahead, crawl through your invoice and see if you can find where they refund/credit those excess shipping payments. I had someone pay for 10 separate shipping charges of $5.50@ and it only cost $7.25 to actually ship. The buyer lost $5, as I wasn't going to eat it. But eBay got $5 free because I wasn't going to sit on the phone and beg for a credit.

So, with all the constant changes that only benefit eBay, the continued blocking of the 'request total' link, losing Power Seller status, the useless listing offers that usually arrive a day after they started, the amount of time I waste on this forum and jumping through new hoops with every change or glitch (and stress), and the constantly increasing fees, I've decided to pursue my own eCommerce website. I've wanted to do it for a long time but dreaded the amount of time it will take to start over, versus what I've already done here (again, 2500 items, and down from my original Anchor Store). Honestly, if I hadn't had a large order by a single buyer (54 items that I manually combined), I would have closed my eBay Store this month. Hopefully I can hang on until this Fall and get things relaunched, using eBay at a minimum and mainly to draw buyers to my own site. The only good thing eBay has done the last few years is make this decision easier.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Ebay finally accepted my attempt to use Markdown Manager, again. Four sales already. Should be a lot more with the drastic price cutting I'm doing. If July looks like trouble I may take my 500 lowest priced listings and run $0.25 auctions, just to help pay my bill and get rid of some stock that I'd have to move to my new website.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply