cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My listings are not visible to other members

Being very suspicious of eBay's recent view-counter issues, I asked a friend of mine to check whether my listings are visible to me on my computer, but not on the computers of others. He checked and sure enough, none of my 4 current listings appeared in the search results.

Just what kind of scam is eBay pulling??? This is downright fraud -- charging a listing fee and then blocking the listings so that potential buyers cannot see them.

Is it time for a class-action lawsuit against the eBay con game??? Check your listings in this way and see if yours are also being similarly blocked, and if so, please post a reply confirming this ongoing scam.

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

@1avid_collector wrote:

Or perhaps both.

Again and for the second or third time, I'm not interested in whether other members are selling their items, shipping their items, or what their sales/shipping volumes are. I'm trying to find out if any others are experiencing listing visibility issues that might explain low or non-existent view counts when the counts do actually appear, that is.

I know this is very difficult for those with poor reading comprehension skills, and for that I apologize. Maybe next time I'll try some baby talk.

Do you know what lurkers are?  Also many of us here are buyers as well as sellers.  Did you just hear that sound?  That is people putting you on their excluded seller list.  Your attitude is a turnoff.

Message 46 of 70
latest reply

@1avid_collector wrote:

Thanks for your input and kind words.

What still concerns me at this point -- based on what others have said about eBay's right to selectively block visibility of listings -- is that even though a dozen or more forum respondents can see the listings, it could be that many others are not able to view these listings even when they have performed their search correctly and without specifying search criteria that would make them not appear in the search results.

The view-counter issue is certainly not helping either...

That is why there are  many more posts from many more than 10 saying their sales are down or non-existent. It's generally the same group and I do believe they see the listings.  I would love to know how and why?

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 47 of 70
latest reply

Thanks for more irrelevant input. The search you cited for the watch button is only for my items and if a buyer doesn't see my listings in the overall search results in the first place, how are they supposed to even know my seller ID so they can view only my items and then click on a watch button???

Message 48 of 70
latest reply

Now that's truly useful input, isn't it?

The title covers a subject that has been a frequent complaint in the past.

Message 49 of 70
latest reply

Re: Do you know what lurkers are?

Uh, yeah, people like you. Why don't you just move on if you have nothing useful to contribute?

Re: Did you just hear that sound?  That is people putting you on their excluded seller list.  Your attitude is a turnoff.

Just as well, as I prefer to sell to people who have at least basic reading comprehension skills. If you take the time to read the comments in my seller feedback you won't question my attitude.

My advice: Be helpful or get lost.

Message 50 of 70
latest reply

@1avid_collector wrote:

Thanks for your input and kind words.

What still concerns me at this point -- based on what others have said about eBay's right to selectively block visibility of listings -- is that even though a dozen or more forum respondents can see the listings, it could be that many others are not able to view these listings even when they have performed their search correctly and without specifying search criteria that would make them not appear in the search results.

The view-counter issue is certainly not helping either...

I put in one of our listings from a public Wi-Fi site word for word and it didn't show up. Pretty much says it all. Oh and for the nay sayers it was a cut and paste of the exact wording.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Message 51 of 70
latest reply

@1avid_collector wrote:

Re: Do you know what lurkers are?

Uh, yeah, people like you. Why don't you just move on if you have nothing useful to contribute?

Re: Did you just hear that sound?  That is people putting you on their excluded seller list.  Your attitude is a turnoff.

Just as well, as I prefer to sell to people who have at least basic reading comprehension skills. If you take the time to read the comments in my seller feedback you won't question my attitude.

My advice: Be helpful or get lost.

Some people cannot be helped.  They would rather complain and blame everyone around them just because they cannot compete with sellers like the one upthread who in spite of it all seems to have a lot of packages to mail out.  I have a few myself.

What are we doing right that you aren't?

Message 52 of 70
latest reply

@1avid_collector wrote:

Now that's truly useful input, isn't it?

The title covers a subject that has been a frequent complaint in the past.

Oh?

Hmmmm.

Message 53 of 70
latest reply

Q.E.D.

(Assuming the listing was up long enough to be indexed -- which IME usually takes place within an hour after posting the listing)

Message 54 of 70
latest reply

Re: They would rather complain and blame everyone around them just because they cannot compete with sellers like the one upthread who in spite of it all seems to have a lot of packages to mail out.  I have a few myself.

You should go mail your packages and then take a cold shower. Competing with other sellers has nothing to do with it. I have excellent success in selling my items and my feedback proves it.

Re: What are we doing right that you aren't?

I'm doing everything right and you are being nothing but a troll at this point. Get lost.

Message 55 of 70
latest reply

And your point is what exactly???

Message 56 of 70
latest reply

I checked your recent Sold items and found none. What exactly is the point of lying on this forum?
Your reply contributed nothing to this discussion.
The definition of a troll, I'd say.

LMAO

Message 57 of 70
latest reply

@1avid_collector wrote:

Q.E.D.

(Assuming the listing was up long enough to be indexed -- which IME usually takes place within an hour after posting the listing)

Two days

Message 58 of 70
latest reply

@raceup wrote:

I checked your recent Sold items and found none. What exactly is the point of lying on this forum?
Your reply contributed nothing to this discussion.
The definition of a troll, I'd say.

LMAO

I beg to differ but there are 18.
If you can't see them, you're on the other site.

All Listings- Current page Auction Buy It Now
18 results  

Sold listingsx

Message 59 of 70
latest reply

Yup!

Q.E.D. (i.e., "Quod Erat Demonstrandum" a Latin phrase meaning "that which was to be demonstrated")

In other words, you just proved my point.

Thank you.

Message 60 of 70
latest reply