cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My listings are not visible to other members

Being very suspicious of eBay's recent view-counter issues, I asked a friend of mine to check whether my listings are visible to me on my computer, but not on the computers of others. He checked and sure enough, none of my 4 current listings appeared in the search results.

Just what kind of scam is eBay pulling??? This is downright fraud -- charging a listing fee and then blocking the listings so that potential buyers cannot see them.

Is it time for a class-action lawsuit against the eBay con game??? Check your listings in this way and see if yours are also being similarly blocked, and if so, please post a reply confirming this ongoing scam.

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: My listings are not visible to other members

OK, time for me to move on. Here's the take-away from this thread:

1) The View counter is broken, as it has been many times in the past.

2) The brilliant minds at eBay have decided it's OK to selectively block some listings from the search results so that some people cannot see them.

3) The fans think this is OK and would probably agree with anything eBay decided to do, no matter how unfair it might be.

4) There are far too many trolls with nothing better to do than post irrelevant and/or useless information.

5) There are far too many forum respondents who fail to comprehend the point that the OP is trying to make and who prefer to attack the OP in various ways just because they can.
Message 61 of 70
latest reply

@1avid_collector wrote:
"OK, time for me to move on."

Oh.

OK.

Thanks for the update.

Message 62 of 70
latest reply

So where's the "Watch" button to which you referred???VMware FusionScreenSnapz005.jpg

Message 63 of 70
latest reply

BTW, even the "Watching" figures are incorrect on 3 of the 4 items in the above example. Attached is a screen shot of my Selling page and you can see the discrepancy...FirefoxScreenSnapz250.jpg

Message 64 of 70
latest reply

Hello,

I have the same problem. It seems that ebay has decided that I cannot sell more than about $500.00 per month despite having over 100 listings with a retail total of over $12,000.00 in inventory. For example,  I now have 7 vintage tootsie toy dollhouse furniture pieces listed but when I search, I find that only three of my listings show up in the search results. That means if a buyer is looking for something in particular they will not be able to find it since four other items I have listed are not visible in the search results. There are not hundreds of items in this category listed, there are less than 75.  I do not think excluding four of my listings enhances the buyer experience at all. I am voting with my feet and am setting up a space in an antiques mall as well as looking at other online venues that appear to be successful, therefore I am voting with my feet...

Message 65 of 70
latest reply

I only see 5 tootsie items in your store.........

Searching in all search for             tootsie toy dollhouse furniture  I find 3 items........the other 2 items do not use the word furniture as they are bathroom scale and refrig....... I find both of those in general search when I substitute those words for furniture...........

Message 66 of 70
latest reply

Hi @dianegem sorry to hear of your difficulty. I noticed you responded to this old thread from 2018.

Would like to suggest you start a new thread so posters can respond to your issues as opposed to the original poster on the old thread. Sometimes the mods will lock an outdated thread and that abruptly stops any discourse. Your post deserves to be heard. 

For your concern about visibility, it can be difficult for sellers to see where their listings fall in Search order since each eBayer’s results are different, customized by Cassini to meet each searcher’s supposed buying needs and patterns. Are you logging out of your ID to see what results you get as a guest viewer?

Message 67 of 70
latest reply

Ok, thanks for the advice!
Message 68 of 70
latest reply

Thank you!
Message 69 of 70
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 70 of 70
latest reply