cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My listings are not visible to other members

Being very suspicious of eBay's recent view-counter issues, I asked a friend of mine to check whether my listings are visible to me on my computer, but not on the computers of others. He checked and sure enough, none of my 4 current listings appeared in the search results.

Just what kind of scam is eBay pulling??? This is downright fraud -- charging a listing fee and then blocking the listings so that potential buyers cannot see them.

Is it time for a class-action lawsuit against the eBay con game??? Check your listings in this way and see if yours are also being similarly blocked, and if so, please post a reply confirming this ongoing scam.

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

I checked your recent Sold items and found none. What exactly is the point of lying on this forum?

Your reply contributed nothing to this discussion.

The definition of a troll, I'd say.

Message 31 of 70
latest reply

@1avid_collector wrote:

I checked your recent Sold items and found none. What exactly is the point of lying on this forum?

Your reply contributed nothing to this discussion.

The definition of a troll, I'd say.

The fact that you can't comprehend the possibility of people with multiple accounts does not make those people liars or trolls - it just makes your remark look foolish. 

Message 32 of 70
latest reply

I've been watching this since 2012! Now, if there's a glitch in the views now? I dont know. BUT for the last 6 years. It seems to me when I see some views, I get some sales. Other then that, NO VIEWS EQUALS NO SALES! I'm fed UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I experiment here all the time. It seems to me if I'm missing for awhile, then list, I get views and sales. Then like out of the blue. No views no sales.  You would think if i landed two good sales in a week, Ebay would show me. I suspect NOT! Just saying? what is WRONG with this company??????????????????? it's nuts?

Message 33 of 70
latest reply

What makes you think I cannot comprehend the concept of multiple accounts? The individual in question made no mention of alternate selling accounts so it is impossible to verify his claim of shipping 27 packages, which BTW is completely irrelevant to this thread in any event -- making it troll-like.  Apparently you cannot comprehend this.

The fact that you can't comprehend that the post in question contributed nothing to the discussion makes you look worse than foolish. For all I know, this individual could have shipped 27 packages outside of eBay altogether, which makes his post even more irrelevant. I did check his selling account and found no recent sales. If he was referring to another selling account of his, then how about letting him respond for himself? Too many people on this forum stick their noses into too many threads only because they have nothing better to do and a lot of time on their hands. Try getting a life instead.

Members sometimes have separate accounts for buying and selling, but I would be suspicious of a member with multiple selling accounts. Perhaps a clever way to avoid the impact of negative feedback on one account, so why not just switch to a different account so buyers are unaware that the individual behind the multiple accounts has a bad track record on at least one other selling account. Not saying that's the case here, but it is certainly a possibility in any case where multiple selling accounts are maintained by the same seller.

Message 34 of 70
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

EBay has over 140million listings at any given time.

You're a little behind the times. Ebay has 1 BILLION listings at any given time.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 35 of 70
latest reply

@1avid_collector wrote:

I would be suspicious of a member with multiple selling accounts. Perhaps a clever way to avoid the impact of negative feedback

Or perhaps it's just a way to get 100, 150, or 200 free insertions without paying for a store subscription. 

That's why I have multiple selling accounts. 

Message 36 of 70
latest reply

I think "incompetent" rather than "nuts" better sums it up when it comes to recurring issues with the view and watch counters. I'm no programmer but I'll bet that counters require a trivial bit of software code to implement.

One of my current listings is showing 2 views and 6 watching; that is, when I finally get the view count to appear -- it takes many page reloads before it displays numbers instead of dashes.

One would think that with eBay's vast financial resources they could afford to hire better programmers, and perhaps get rid of some "dead wood" while they're at it.

Message 37 of 70
latest reply

Or perhaps both.

Again and for the second or third time, I'm not interested in whether other members are selling their items, shipping their items, or what their sales/shipping volumes are. I'm trying to find out if any others are experiencing listing visibility issues that might explain low or non-existent view counts when the counts do actually appear, that is.

I know this is very difficult for those with poor reading comprehension skills, and for that I apologize. Maybe next time I'll try some baby talk.

Message 38 of 70
latest reply

Oops! Now it's 2 views and 7 watching. How is that even possible, forum geniuses?
Message 39 of 70
latest reply

It is likely a trivial bit of code to create the actual view counter BUT it'ss is not tytivial at all to integrate that code with the MILLIONS of lines of code that are involved in a site like eBay so that the counts will display correctly.

My recent sales have been slow but steady, all the things I've sold in the past few weeks have apparently been made without ANY views......how is that possible?

It's possible because the failure to display the view counts does nothing to impede a buyers ability to find, look at and purchase my items.

Message 40 of 70
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

It is likely a trivial bit of code to create the actual view counter BUT it'ss is not tytivial at all to integrate that code with the MILLIONS of lines of code that are involved in a site like eBay so that the counts will display correctly.

My recent sales have been slow but steady, all the things I've sold in the past few weeks have apparently been made without ANY views......how is that possible?

It's possible because the failure to display the view counts does nothing to impede a buyers ability to find, look at and purchase my items.

Do you ever wonder why Bob Kupbens issued that tech issues apology. Many seem to think everything is fine and there are no  problems. 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 41 of 70
latest reply

four listings showing thru. nicely here in n.j. good looking stuff by the way...hang in there, good luck!!

Message 42 of 70
latest reply

Thanks for your input and kind words.

What still concerns me at this point -- based on what others have said about eBay's right to selectively block visibility of listings -- is that even though a dozen or more forum respondents can see the listings, it could be that many others are not able to view these listings even when they have performed their search correctly and without specifying search criteria that would make them not appear in the search results.

The view-counter issue is certainly not helping either...

Message 43 of 70
latest reply

@1avid_collector wrote:
Oops! Now it's 2 views and 7 watching. How is that even possible, forum geniuses?

No genius necessary.

There is a watch button available right on the search results - so a buyer can watch a listing without viewing the details. So it is actually possibly, although very unlikely.

But what is far more likely is that view counts and watch counts are still being displayed incorrectly, which has been widely reported and discussed on this forum. 

_livid.png

Message 44 of 70
latest reply

"My listings are not visible to other members"

Oh?

Hmm.

Message 45 of 70
latest reply