cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My items aren't sold, but every day my competitor got sales

Can someone help me give me tips on this, please.

Why does eBay not help old sellers, but if I open a new eBay account, 100 percentage items will be promote.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Hard to say who you call your 'competitor', but first glance at your listings, as a USA buyer I see 'From India' and would look elsewhere.  I mean nothing disparaging by that, but I would just know that it would take MUCH longer to get my item than if I looked for a USA seller as a USA buyer. 

Looking closer, the 'Estimated Delivery Date' confirms it:  Nearly TWO months?  Instant 'look elsewhere' for me.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I don't know what your competitor is/has

but this listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-Antique-Brass-Desk-Articulation-Lamp/264652179651?hash=item3d9e7fc8c3...

is confusing......  you show 1 lamp, but in item specifics: 

Packing:: Packed in 2 parcel

so is the listing for 1 or 2?...........what is the size of these lamps? 

I REALLY dislike the term "Model Antique"............it's a reproduction and you have it listed in Antiques......

so there are a couple of reasons, I wouldn't buy......whether that is indicative of others, I don't know.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@paradise_nauticals wrote:

Can someone help me give me tips on this, please.

Why does eBay not help old sellers, but if I open a new eBay account, 100 percentage items will be promote.

I simply do not believe that your lack of success is due to eBay "promoting" other sellers and "not helping" you.

I think you need to take a closer look at your listings and determine out why they are not more attractive to buyers.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

What exactly is a "Mid Century Modern Antique"?

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I checked the sold listings for your tripod lamp. All 3 were international sales as well, but they sold for $61, $105 and $152. Yours is most expensive, listed at $160. People usually buy the lowest price for an available item.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I don't know anything about your competitor.

1. You are in India...instantly turns me off as someone in USA

2. Almost 2 months to receive.....turn off

3. Listings are confusing...

4. Your feedback percentage is a turn off to some

5. Stock photos are a turn off to me....makes me think you are a drop shipper

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your prompt reply to my question.

My item is in Brass but since I know that Antiques are more famous in the USA, I oxidized my item to antique brown finishes.

Okay. Just fine. What if I want to sell my items in the category Antiques or Home & Garden but what words or titles I choose? I do research use tools like Terapeak, and other words for title optimization. But I didn't come up on top of the Best Match search results after selecting hot keywords

I do not even know everybody likes to buy items from India, but since 2015, I've been selling on eBay and it's my full-time online business.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I am really grateful for your help.

I don't want to list my item in the category Antiquities but what should I do instead.

My only business to me and my family is eBay. I'm not using amazon, Etsy or any other Ecommer website.

Okay, well I use the category home & garden, but there's a 20 percent higher competition than Antiques category.

And even eBay does not support us and after 2018 I feel like eBay doesn't show our product to US buyers

I don't know what to do to sell my goods on eBay
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@paradise_nauticals wrote:
I am really grateful for your help.
My only business to me and my family is eBay. I'm not using amazon, Etsy or any other Ecommer website.

I don't know what to do to sell my goods on eBay

×××××××××××××××××××××

Have a sale & try lowering your item prices

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

What exactly is a "Mid Century Modern Antique"?

It's a keyword spam

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Keyword spam and deliberate "aging" of new items.

Totally unacceptable listings.

That just might be the reason for lower sales. The OP has stated in this thread that there is deliberate misleading of the items for sale.

Radine

Message 12 of 12
latest reply