cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ebay store is becoming ebay storage

I don't think ebay is helping me sell my items, I have over 1200 items listed and sold 2 last week, not even enough to cover the fees, why?
I sell in all categories, so it's not that
I have very competative pricing, so it's not that
I have 100% feed back, so ir's not that

I offer free shipping, free returns, free anything, so it's not that
I go out of my way to help and provide service to my customers, so it's not that

I use promotions and auctions, so it's not that

Last week, I listed over 150 auctions and only one sold for under $10

So, what is it?

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: My ebay store is becoming ebay storage

I don't know that eBay helps you sell your items, but I've noticed a sharp decrease in sales as well.  It started when eBay changed its seller system.  I'm now going through each of my listings (fun, fun) and updating verbiage/prices.  We'll see what happens.

Message 61 of 65
latest reply

@mypostingid15 wrote:

I don't think ebay is helping me sell my items, I have over 1200 items listed and sold 2 last week, not even enough to cover the fees, why?
I sell in all categories, so it's not that
I have very competative pricing, so it's not that
I have 100% feed back, so ir's not that

I offer free shipping, free returns, free anything, so it's not that
I go out of my way to help and provide service to my customers, so it's not that

I use promotions and auctions, so it's not that

Last week, I listed over 150 auctions and only one sold for under $10

So, what is it?

I wish I could figure it out.  Things changed with the search to the point where I haven't been able to figure it out, and I'm simply tired of fighting a system that appears to be stacked against me.  My sales are down to the point where I only take the time to pack up what little bit sells and the rest of the time I spend on my other income streams.  My dropshipping store is up 900% since last month.  It's bad enough here that I just put my entire inventory up for sale and at some point I'll just shut down the store here and sell at swap meets until it's all gone.

Message 62 of 65
latest reply

@mademelle wrote:
Boy, coming here for moral support and getting a bunch of jackals is pretty lame, isn't it? I feel for you. 😞

@mademelle

That's what happens on this board, if I use my selling ID, they bash my items, if I use my posting ID, they bash me.

Really great support you get here.

Message 63 of 65
latest reply

@parkersparrow wrote:

I myself am down about 30% from this time last year. I notice I have better sales when I focus on fewer categories and have less than 800 or so items.  I feel like buyers start to lose interest when there is too many pages to look at. 

Same here, down about 30% from last year.  Normally I'm up by September, but not this is the first year in 5 that i am down/ 

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 64 of 65
latest reply

That's the NEW eBay! When buyers have left to The River and occasinally check out ebay that is what happens. When sellers start dropping their Stores ebay will be forced to change. Until then its just a hamster Wheel. adding lots of items and getting no where.

Message 65 of 65
latest reply