cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ebay store is becoming ebay storage

I don't think ebay is helping me sell my items, I have over 1200 items listed and sold 2 last week, not even enough to cover the fees, why?
I sell in all categories, so it's not that
I have very competative pricing, so it's not that
I have 100% feed back, so ir's not that

I offer free shipping, free returns, free anything, so it's not that
I go out of my way to help and provide service to my customers, so it's not that

I use promotions and auctions, so it's not that

Last week, I listed over 150 auctions and only one sold for under $10

So, what is it?

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

@mypostingid15 wrote:

Last week, I listed over 150 auctions and only one sold for under $10

If you listed 150 AUCTIONS and NONE had bids then you started your AUCTIONS at too high a price. An AUCTION starts low and lets the BIDDERS bring the price up. I have rarely ever listed at auction and not had a least one bid in THOUSANDS of auctions.

Message 16 of 65
latest reply

@mademelle wrote:
Boy, coming here for moral support and getting a bunch of jackals is pretty lame, isn't it? I feel for you. 😞

So what would you rather have the posters here do.

Poor baby.  Ebay is singling you out.  It is all their fault.  We cannot see your listings, but we know you are right and ebay is wrong.

Nah.  We volunteer our time to actually help people to improve their listings and offer advice to help them improve their sales.

Message 17 of 65
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

Ebay needs to start spending some of that fee increase money on manny more tv spots to attract more buyers ASAP

Ebay can attract all the buyers in the world, but if they are not interested in purchasing what you have for sale, then it is not going to mean a thing.

Message 18 of 65
latest reply

@mademelle wrote:
Boy, coming here for moral support and getting a bunch of jackals is pretty lame, isn't it? I feel for you. 😞

How can we support the person when they are using a posting ID and we can't give them advice on how to change things up so they can get sales. My sales are up 39% - but I work on them daily - follow vloggers - read articles - anything to try to make sales. I just don't list and let them languish.

I haven't had a sale in 2 days but midweek is sometimes slow - I know I can't be on the top of the pack everyday. If the OP can find their items - then there must be something about them wherein the buyers are choosing to buy from someone else. It could be something as silly as a backdrop or photos taken with the items lying on the floor. Maybe it's the return policy - too much TOS - not offering free shipping - without looking at listings - there is little we can do to help. 

Posters here are not jackles - but if you just come for sympathy and to bash Ebay - you usually don't get it.

Message 19 of 65
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

@mademelle wrote:

How can we support the person when they are using a posting ID and we can't give them advice on how to change things up so they can get sales. My sales are up 39% - but I work on them daily - follow vloggers - read articles - anything to try to make sales. I just don't list and let them languish.

I haven't had a sale in 2 days but midweek is sometimes slow - I know I can't be on the top of the pack everyday. If the OP can find their items - then there must be something about them wherein the buyers are choosing to buy from someone else. It could be something as silly as a backdrop or photos taken with the items lying on the floor. Maybe it's the return policy - too much TOS - not offering free shipping - without looking at listings - there is little we can do to help. 

Posters here are not jackles - but if you just come for sympathy and to bash Ebay - you usually don't get it.

We will support you if ebay is giving you a raw deal.  But we long time posters have put away our tin foil hats and deal in facts, not conspiracies.

Message 20 of 65
latest reply

"Boy, coming here for moral support and getting a bunch of jackals is pretty lame, isn't it? I feel for you. Smiley Sad"

Very sad, especially since it is often the same people.
Message 21 of 65
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mademelle wrote:

The first posts asks questions like "why" and "what is it" which says they want help understanding why they're having trouble with their sales. It's difficult to offer that kind of help or answer when someone uses a posting ID. People who tried to help were told by the OP that they didn't want help. Are we supposed to be mind readers? Their first post asked for help with understanding their lack of sales, not moral support.

Message 22 of 65
latest reply

Online sales isn't eBay's main focus right now. eBay's main focus is on becoming the largest online catalog. 

eBay has'nt really figured out what it wants to be when it grows up.  

At first they wanted to be an online auction, then they wanted to be the largest online Walmart & now they want to be the largest online catalog. 

It's tough to get there, if you don't know where your going. 

Message 23 of 65
latest reply

@lovefindingtreasures2 wrote:
"Boy, coming here for moral support and getting a bunch of jackals is pretty lame, isn't it? I feel for you. Smiley Sad"

Very sad, especially since it is often the same people.

@lovefindingtreasures2

Yes it is very sad. Same angry people calling people jackals and other names to get the anti Ebay message out there. Very sad indeed.

Message 24 of 65
latest reply

i see some things starting to work again
Message 25 of 65
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@mademelle wrote:

Poor baby.  Ebay is singling you out.  It is all their fault.  We cannot see your listings, but we know you are right and ebay is wrong.

Nah.  We volunteer our time to actually help people to improve their listings and offer advice to help them improve their sales.

I have yet to see you 'help' people improve anything.

Your advice is more like cutting everyone down, and only wanting attention when you are upset with ebay yourself...constantly!

Where is the proof that you, or any of the others has improved sales?

Waiting around like bullies outside a convenience store is not voulunteering to help.

There are LOADS of threads without any replies.

But anytime someone expresses concern over sales, policy, or ethics from this site, the lot of you hover around like flies on trash.

Just sayin'

Message 26 of 65
latest reply

@orangehound

and eBay has now lumped you in with all the other drop-shippers they are trying to get rid of

Are they now?

What leads you to believe that?

I hope it's true, since dropshipping in my opinion is bad for both buyer and seller.

Message 27 of 65
latest reply

@dr.clockenstien wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@mademelle wrote:

I have yet to see you 'help' people improve anything.

Your advice is more like cutting everyone down, and only wanting attention when you are upset with ebay yourself...constantly!

Where is the proof that you, or any of the others has improved sales?

Waiting around like bullies outside a convenience store is not voulunteering to help.

There are LOADS of threads without any replies.

But anytime someone expresses concern over sales, policy, or ethics from this site, the lot of you hover around like flies on trash.

I never bring my selling account into the discussion.  All others know is that I sell fine diamond jewelry, but nothing else.  I do not bring my sales or lack of onto this discussion board - ever.

What I respond to is the rediculous statements where sellers feel that they absolutely should be having daily consistent sales, and if not then ebay is doing something to prevent it.  When did sales become an entitlement.

Or that ebay is hiding their listings.

Or when sellers attack ebay on a posting.

I am an avid buyer.  So I see it from both sides.  I criticize ebay when it has merit and criticize the seller when he does not.

Message 28 of 65
latest reply

@emerald40

if they are not interested in purchasing what you have for sale,

Good point.

If eBay were to start advertising again, I hope they look at HGTV  where many designers use collectible items in the finished homes.
Or magazines. Around the turn of the millennium, eBay had a deal with Country Living (or Country Life) where eBay finds were featured, including on their website.

Not just advertising, but focussed.

I bet the coin dealers would love to see eBay ads focussed on numismatists, goldbugs and preppers on Fox.

Or makers of reborn dolls on CBS.

Or

Message 29 of 65
latest reply

As I see it in speaking with people in my circle, and my children and their friends -

Everyone knows about ebay - they just have a  very poor assessment about them and these advertisements are not going to change that.

They have many other venues that they perfer to deal with.

Message 30 of 65
latest reply