cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low sales

Good Morning! 

Has anyone else experienced low or no sales since the war began in Ukraine?  Up until now my sales have been fairly cyclical in that I would enjoy a week to 10 days of strong sales followed by a week  of low sales.  I was on the back side of the low sales period - meaning I was due for some good sales now - when all of them simply died.  Nothing. It's as if someone turned off a spigot.  This happened right about the time the war in Europe started.  So, I'm wondering if one is connected to the other.  Anybody else experiencing this?  Thanks for your feedback!

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Low sales

Good clear sum up. Just leave the second one, everything else is the secondary.

Message 16 of 59
latest reply

Probably snail mail dysfunction media mail making better time than priority,  showing some major jumbled patterns,  but 200-500 million packages a day with unstable workforce...ect ect of possibilities. 

Message 17 of 59
latest reply

Nope, I have had lower view on one of my accounts but higher views on the other.

Also I have had 15 sales in the last 7 days.

That is fairly good.

Leave It To Me
Message 18 of 59
latest reply

It's always slow this time of year for moi, but in fact, business has been better lately. 

People look for certainty in everything, but that doesn't exist.  Better to take the long view and stop worrying about a week here, a week there, or trying to make predictions out of random events. About the best one can get is trends and they tend to be longer term.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 19 of 59
latest reply

Off but not that far off.  We are seeing our sales decline.  Not due to the world conditions.  We are finding that our parts are not being located or seen  by Buyers when that search for a part in the eBay search bar at the top of any eBay page that is open.  We have reported many listing we have to eBay CS is stating they are working on the issue.  If we open our active listings tab and search for a part number of something we have it comes up.  The issue is if a Buyer puts that same part number in the eBay search bar it won't come up.  Now if the Buyer searching knows our exact title and puts that into the eBay search bar our part will be seen.  Now how many Buyer know all of a title any Seller is listing, let me guess, none.  When I first reported this the eBay tech dept. stated "well all the Buyer has to do is input the item number and it will be seen",  Now any rational person knows that you can't see the item number until you open up the listing.  So the tech has the cart before the horse.  These are the people eBay has working on the site.  THEY NEVER HAVE USED THE SITE AND DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW IT WORKS.  Everyday we are uncovering listings we think the world can see and in fact they cannot.  Now all of our 4200 listing are good til cancelled.  So we have no idea how long this has been going on.  All of what I just said was confirmed by another Seller, cloudninja.  They have 20K + listing up and have been having the same issue.  As we were talking on the phone this morning he was looking up listings and finding what I was saying to be true.  

So eBay has been collecting insertion fees on listing that can't be seen or sold.  In looking back we feel this issue started in the first part of November 2021.  This is what happens to a platform that continues to install new policy on top of policy before getting the bugs out of the first policies.  All in the name of greed.  Look folks what they did Yesterday, raised FVD 0.3% across the board and increased insertion fees to $0.35 each.  Just a money grab again, one on top of another.  Now eBay has the balls to up our fees and not let us sell our products because the platform won't show them to the Buyers.  By the by I copy and pasted a competitors listing title of an item we are both selling and revised my listing with his title.  I attempted to search my item with the cut and pasted title in the eBay  search bar.  Mine did not come up his did.  We were both price exactly the same.  

My hope is that all Seller check part numbers of items they are selling in the eBay search bar and see if what is happening to my account and cloudninja account is also happening to their account.

Message 20 of 59
latest reply

@allthingssurplus wrote:

Off but not that far off.  We are seeing our sales decline.  Not due to the world conditions.  We are finding that our parts are not being located or seen  by Buyers when that search for a part in the eBay search bar at the top of any eBay page that is open.  We have reported many listing we have to eBay CS is stating they are working on the issue.  If we open our active listings tab and search for a part number of something we have it comes up.  The issue is if a Buyer puts that same part number in the eBay search bar it won't come up.  Now if the Buyer searching knows our exact title and puts that into the eBay search bar our part will be seen.  Now how many Buyer know all of a title any Seller is listing, let me guess, none.  When I first reported this the eBay tech dept. stated "well all the Buyer has to do is input the item number and it will be seen",  Now any rational person knows that you can't see the item number until you open up the listing.  So the tech has the cart before the horse.  These are the people eBay has working on the site.  THEY NEVER HAVE USED THE SITE AND DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW IT WORKS.  Everyday we are uncovering listings we think the world can see and in fact they cannot.  Now all of our 4200 listing are good til cancelled.  So we have no idea how long this has been going on.  All of what I just said was confirmed by another Seller, cloudninja.  They have 20K + listing up and have been having the same issue.  As we were talking on the phone this morning he was looking up listings and finding what I was saying to be true.  

So eBay has been collecting insertion fees on listing that can't be seen or sold.  In looking back we feel this issue started in the first part of November 2021.  This is what happens to a platform that continues to install new policy on top of policy before getting the bugs out of the first policies.  All in the name of greed.  Look folks what they did Yesterday, raised FVD 0.3% across the board and increased insertion fees to $0.35 each.  Just a money grab again, one on top of another.  Now eBay has the balls to up our fees and not let us sell our products because the platform won't show them to the Buyers.  By the by I copy and pasted a competitors listing title of an item we are both selling and revised my listing with his title.  I attempted to search my item with the cut and pasted title in the eBay  search bar.  Mine did not come up his did.  We were both price exactly the same.  

My hope is that all Seller check part numbers of items they are selling in the eBay search bar and see if what is happening to my account and cloudninja account is also happening to their account.

Am concerned about this search issue. Are you able to post an example of exact search terms you use to see the problem?  I would like to try it both on a seller and buyer only account to see if i can reproduce it. It may be related to same zip code.

Have you tried (when logged in to your seller account) changing to use a zip that is not the same as your own? You can do this by entering a different zip in the listings shipping tab and re-searching. From what you said it sounds like it matches for your search only if zip codes match?

Message 21 of 59
latest reply

"Until oil gets drilled again on the US soil, nothing good will happen."

What Prez Biden did was stop the blatant giveaway of Federal lands (by mr T) to the oil interests.  Those lands are supposed to be held in trust for the American people.  That's you and me.  If you don't care that irreplaceable places of beauty are destroyed, never to return, so we can have 2.00 a gallon gas, then I feel sorry for you.  (Oh and Europe has paid very high for the gas we think of as a right.  When gas here was 1.00 it was 5.00 or so there).  Who do we think we are?

And I won't even go into the fracking, which ruins water supplies, etc.

Fact.  We import 10 times more oil from Canada, than from Russia...

Message 22 of 59
latest reply

"Good clear sum up. Just leave the second one, everything else is the secondary."

You do realize oh beautiful one that you are castigating 70% of the country.  And as for 'woke' lol.  Buzz word of the week.  Gosh, I remember **bleep**in' and 'far out' and from old movies 'hey daddy-o'.  Right on, etc.

Message 23 of 59
latest reply

The best example I have is an Intel processor.  The exact P/N for that part is SR1AM priced at $15.99.  You will find 2 listings for this part at that price and my listing is not included.  I even cut and pasted the title from my previous business partners listing and relisted my part using his listing, still did not show up. This is a real issue.  We are already working on checking all of our listings to see if this issue is as major as we think.  Our eBay sales are down overall by 30-40%.  We have fast moving parts on the shelf that are listed on eBay and they are sitting.  Some of those we moved to other sites or we contacted distributors that use the item and sold to them.  My guess is eBays AI computers are sorting listing by the item specifics that eBay deems accurate from all of the listings sold for any one part.  Problem is in our category most of eBays specifics are very wrong.  As they always do they find what most people use for a specific and assume it to be correct.  You have to watch out for the first three letter of that word ASSume.  In my category there are many variables to any one part.  Like the Intel CPU I gave you to look at there are at least 6 variations of P/N SR1AM and only one right for the Buyers application.  The eBay cookie cutter system will never figure out all six of those parts.  This is why only the Seller can fully describe their product.  

We are always BETA tester for new programs and we always opt out.  The next new cluster to be released is the new listing experience.  Our staff looked at that and within two mins. we know this is going to be a real compounding mistake for the issue we are already experiencing.  Unlike dry goods and new factory packed item the new listing system and AI item specifics might work.  However when it comes to computer parts, car parts, coins and trading cards.  It just will not be successful.  As per usual management will not care and the folks writing the code have no experience in using the platform category by category.  Cookie cutter approach will not work.  

Message 24 of 59
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  I agree "Item Specifics" are the bane of all of us.  I sell vintage jewelry and I can't use the word "ivory" to describe beige beads without eBay thinking I'm importing elephant tusks!  They've become a little bit more intuitive, but it's still a hassle to fit into their mold.  Additionally, I believe Cassini is still determining who gets optimum SEO in spite of how compliant we are with their rules.  All you can do is use all the keywords you can in each description, post new stuff every day and hope for the best.  It's a heck of a way to run a business, but, unfortunately as long as you are on their platform, you are at their mercy.  Thanks again for your insight.

Message 25 of 59
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  It's always interesting to me to see how others manage their sales analysis and your insight is quite helpful.  

Message 26 of 59
latest reply

Thank you!  Good insight.

Message 27 of 59
latest reply

Doing great on other platforms and my web site. Making thousands a month on each. Not here on this platform sales are dismal at best.

Message 28 of 59
latest reply

Russia going in to Ukraine had nothing to do with you're sales. If you are in the United States just look around and you will see it!!!

Message 29 of 59
latest reply

Gas & Fuel Price Increases

Message 30 of 59
latest reply