cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low sales

Good Morning! 

Has anyone else experienced low or no sales since the war began in Ukraine?  Up until now my sales have been fairly cyclical in that I would enjoy a week to 10 days of strong sales followed by a week  of low sales.  I was on the back side of the low sales period - meaning I was due for some good sales now - when all of them simply died.  Nothing. It's as if someone turned off a spigot.  This happened right about the time the war in Europe started.  So, I'm wondering if one is connected to the other.  Anybody else experiencing this?  Thanks for your feedback!

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Low sales

I usually have about 10 sales a week.  January was a very good month.  Then things went downhill to the worst ever in my years on Ebay.  Monday last I had ONE package for the Post Office instead of my usual 6-10.   I thought "this is a fluke."  Well... this Monday I had NONE.  One sale in  12 days.  I usually have a steady 12-15 watchers, but have had 7 at most for a few weeks.  I sell  CDs, books, political, etc... and add new items.

Message 46 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

Gas prices mean less disposable income

Message 47 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

My sales have plummeted recently as well. Sell mostly clothing and follow many other clothing sellers. Ebay definitely provides more favorable exposure to sellers they wish to push (for whatever reason that may be). I see quite a number of clothing sellers selling their items like crazy, with horrible photos, wrinkled clothing and many low quality items. It makes absolutely no sense other than to conclude, that yes, Ebay provides vastly superior exposure on the site to those they have fallen in love with. It will not serve them well in the long run. 

Message 48 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

Mine to. 1 sale in a week. I have never ever not sold anything on daily basis.

It's completely dead. Even my long time regular buyers are gone with the wind. Currently paying ebay for not selling anything. Will give it a month and then move on. I currently have more sales on B than on eBay and that has never happened before eaither.

Message 49 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

I have, my sales have been about 50-60% lower April and May. 

Message 50 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

Same here. eBay changed the view system and since than it has been down and no views. In 60 days I have 0 views on many many items. 

Message 51 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

Yes - I had 3 weeks of 0 sales (I have sold regularly since 2001) until 3 days ago I got a couple!!  I have not idea why.

Message 52 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

I'm completely dead, it's scary!

Message 53 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

Me also since they changed it.

Message 54 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

99% of lower sales. Is awfull , and the few sales that are, are commited by bad users ( badbuyerlist.org )

Message 55 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

Post is from March 2022.  Start a new one. 

Message 56 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

My youngest son is a long-haul trucker. I won't name the company he drives for, but 85% of their business WAS hauling freight for Amazon and UPS. In 2021 he was making $3000/week. Last year he averaged $2000/week. So far this year he's averaging around $1200/week because there is hardly any freight to haul compared to the last few years. They are starting to lay off drivers now. Three years ago they didn't have enough and had to turn away business because they knew they couldn't deliver due to lack of drivers.

Now .. deliveries are delayed because the product can not be built and shipped in time to meet the order.  There are spot shortages of many commodities.  I am friends with a property manager of a large apartment complex -- she's been waiting for a refrigerator for over three weeks.  

The lack of economic activity around the time that Ukraine was invaded was not a fluke.   There was another thing that happened about that time, and a LOT of things went to chit about that time.  About that time is when ... the current regime took control of the White House.  

I'm sure it was a coincidence.

I am limited as to how clear I can make that correlation ... the mods don't like it.  

But, it is hard to talk about economics without considering politics. 

We had a pretty healthy economy up till the regime change.

This is the new normal.  

And, my high priced, university level Economics degree and studies in History leads me to believe that things are going to get much worse.  I hope I am wrong - I really do.

I hope that in a year someone points out just how wrong I was.

I will be gleefully happy to be 'wrong'.

Remember ... eBay is trying to survive too. 

We all are.

Be the best, with the most at the lowest price and you'll be here when this is over.

At best I figure we got about four or five years to come out of this.

Make room in the lifeboat.

Message 57 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

@baggettla

Tagging on with @ms.rodriguez* Old thread people.  March of 2022.  

Message 58 of 59
latest reply

Low sales

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 59 of 59
latest reply