cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low or no sales

Hello - the discussion I started seemed to have disappered.

Is anyone else experiencing drastic drop in sales or no sales at all for days.  We have no sales at all for almost two weeks now during the day from 7 am to mid night.  there are couple of exceptions.  any sale that happened only after mid night and maybe early before 7 am. 

Is anyone aware of anything that is causing this drop in sales.  I appreciate your input.  

Why did my last discussion I started on this disappear?  Am I not supposed to talk about that here?

thanks.

Message 1 of 279
latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

Re: Low or no sales

My sales are 45-50% down in the last few months.

I have upgraded my store level this month.  I am not listing 1000 items a month, but am desperate to find a way to NOT have to use any auctions because they are useless to me and the basic store allows only 250 free buy it now listings and 250 auctions.  I rarely have a sale in auctions since I sell new clothing and people buy when they see it not bid and wait.  Not to mention having to get them to pay after the auction ends!

I feel so much relief at not worrying about having to convert buy it now listings to auctions every month to be able to keep my stuff up.  The increased cost to have this level store should be given back in sales but since we all seem to be experiencing drastic sales drops I may be sorry I upgraded.  If this continues I will have to drop back to a basic store UGH.  

In the meantime I am, every day, listing all my things on three other sites and so far two are making up for what I used to sell on eBay.  That is too bad but eBay may not care if they are getting sales from other sources than us smaller sellers.  One thing is certain.  Sales have dramatically dropped into the abyss and eBay is not offering anything on that subject.  I feel like a rejected business partner who isn't being let in on the goings on.  Not a good feeling and I emphatize with others of you who truly need the income.

Message 166 of 279
latest reply

I've been suffering no sales to almost nothing sales and since I have gone back through every piece of jewelry I have listed and changed all from a "not specified" to preowned jewelry I automatically sold 4 pieces of jewelry. How did they end up in "not specified" catagory? I don't know but I'm really upset but glad I finally figured this out. When buyers search for preowned jewelry they don't know what "not specified" means.....neither did I until I did some reasearch.

Jackie

Message 167 of 279
latest reply

Here are October's ZEROs>>>the 4th, 7th, 9th, 13 & 15th....5 out of 15 days are ZEROs....only 1 international sale this month...usually 3-5 per week?...hardly any questions from customers, where I would normally get 4-7 a day?...just doesn't feel right 😞

Message 168 of 279
latest reply

I'm sorry to hear that your sales have not improved, I still have not figured out what do to do... I've only had 4 sales total this month so far... though I haven't got as many listings as I've been working on other things. I'm just getting ready to get listing up for the holidays and I'm hoping things will pick up, let's keep our fingers crossed.
Message 169 of 279
latest reply

I've been selling since 2011, with a considerable amount of success...until lately.

I think other sites like Etsy and the "Mom's Groups" have had a huge negative impact on sales...Now, if you're not giving it away, there are no sales.  I think eBay has to come up with some kind of advertising that will make it popular again.  Until then, I'm going through the motions, and making a dollar here and there - literally - a DOLLAR - after all the fees.

Message 170 of 279
latest reply

I have been on this site with two different accounts almost from it's inception, since 1998. Threads such as these are all over the board for at least 7 years now. 

With the advancement of eBay and more sellers coming in by the tens-of-millions, the chances to be seen are becoming slimmer and slimmer.  I am selling, but it is definitely NOT what it used to be. I remember back before the 2008 crisis, selling several items a day. Now it has dwindled to a few week, at best. Partially my fault, partially the market's.

In today's eBay, you really need to outshine other sellers by so much to sell proper volumes, it is ridiculous. eBay's top execs need to deliver bottom line profitability, and so are inclined to be global and compete with other sites, preferentiating larger sellers with hard consumer-goods.

I do miss the days where people sold silly trinkets, made a buck a had a good time. Those days are long gone. Today it is consumer products and serving the bigger system with all it's regulations. This is what the public wants. You can still be on eBay as a small-time seller, but yes, you will have a very hard time, for all the reasons I've mentioned, and your chances to be seen are slim and controlled by the eBay system, be sure about it. The current system is very tough on sellers  (non-arrival: your fault - language difficulties of the buyer that end up with complaints: your fault - received everything in order and still complaining: your fault). We are in a way, working for eBay and the buyers who can twist our arms with ease.

It's all business in the end.

With friendly regards

---

* Il riportato sopra non rappresenta nessuna opinione, tranne la mia! 😛 *
Message 171 of 279
latest reply

My sales have been slow the past two weeks as well.  I take partial responsibility for it as I haven't listed any new inventory in awhile.  Later today I am going to -- I think this will help stimulate sales in my store.  Hang in there and list, list, list!

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 172 of 279
latest reply

my sales are down at least 50% from the last couple years for this time of the year...out of the last 15 days, I have had 5 ZERO days with no sales....the 4th, 7th, 9th, 13th and 15th...awoke to an international sale of all things this morning...wow...which my international sales have dropped 80% in the last month or so...my stuff has sold constantly and continuously for the last few years...as do my 2 or 3 main competitor's items...their sales are similar...my main competitor had a day last week where he sold 6 of the same item for around $85 and 4 or 5 other items totalling well over $500...but the funny part is it all happened within a 45 minute window, early in the morning and then he had no more sales for the rest of the day and the next day after that...pretty strange if you ask me

Message 173 of 279
latest reply

October 1 - 7, daily sales totaling 14.  October 8 - 16, 0 sales.  October 17,  2 sales within 2 hours, and nothing since.   Someone else described it as a switch being turned on and off - if it stays off I will have to close my store, which will break my heart. 

Shouldn't we be in the beginning of the holiday buying season?

Message 174 of 279
latest reply

I WROTE A MESSAGE YESTERDAY ABOUT DRASTIC DROP IN SALES...AND 25% SELLER COSTS ON WHAT I DID SELL.  THROW THE SELLER HUB ON TOP OF IT, AND I WONDER WHY I'M HERE.

Message 175 of 279
latest reply

@marvi.corne wrote:

I WROTE A MESSAGE YESTERDAY ABOUT DRASTIC DROP IN SALES...AND 25% SELLER COSTS ON WHAT I DID SELL.  THROW THE SELLER HUB ON TOP OF IT, AND I WONDER WHY I'M HERE.

If you’re paying 25%, you’re doing something wrong.

Message 176 of 279
latest reply

hello - I am bringing this up again from first week in August because it is happening to us again. 

no sales from 6 am to late nite and then maybe a couple early a.m.

is this happening to anyone else?   like last time, another new msg I started has disappeared.  Maybe e-bay does not want us to discuss this.  We have the worst sales week again starting last Saturday.

please let me know you are experiencing this sales pattern again.  thanks.

Message 177 of 279
latest reply

There is a lot of new changes that have been rolled out, re-design, etc, and there are always issues with low sales when that happens.

Also if they are beta testing, which they frequently do, that cause these issues as well.

Message 178 of 279
latest reply

You're not the only one, I have noticed a pattern which has left me with only 6 sales this month. This has been happening since 1st of June for me. I never have sold in great quantities, however I am down 75% or more on number of sales.
Message 179 of 279
latest reply

If that is true that re-design and beta testing are causing low sales, I just hope they stop for the holiday season so we can get on with selling.
Message 180 of 279
latest reply