cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing tool update causes 3x more clicks to remove all pics!?- are we going down this road again???

Yesterday my listing tool updated and now the "picture box" has a new design that is surrounded by a dotted line ands they removed the ultra convenient "Remove all pictures" button from the top right corner. 

Now you must hover over the corner to get an "edit" prompt to appear, then click it.  That makes a check all box on the other side of the screen show up. THEN you must check that box which makes a delet button show up on the OTHER side of the page that you must click .

Come on- this is just getting completely ridiculous now. We already had this fight with ebay when this tool rolled out 2 years ago to absolute hatred.  Why is ebay making it take longer to do SIMPLE tasks again.

It is not industry standard to make a one click feature take 4 clicks instead!

Is the design team getting paid by how many extra clicks they add to the desktop experience?  Full time sellers use desktops. All ebay employees use desktops, all companies use desktops to conduct business- we need the listing tool to act like a real tool optimized for business like we used to have with the classic tool.

If we are futzing around wasting time clicking here and there constantly- we are not adding new listings to ebay- what dont they get about that?  

BTW- with this update- the tool no longer remembers our calculated shipping options anymore so we have to click in the popup again and add USPS Advantage, USPS Priority, Fedex, and UPS........every time we list- it used to keep those selection on the listing and all we had to do was change the weight and dimensions.

Also it no longer keeps the handling fee or the immediate payment button checked

This update adds at least 15 clicks and another 1-2 minutes to the listing process.....and for what? 

Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Re: Listing tool update causes 3x more clicks to remove all pics!?- are we going down this road agai

eBay design team... Looks like the people have spoken. its pretty clear. Put the listing tool pictures section back to the way it was so we are not waisting time and energy to do simple tasks. Never again make a change that causes desktop users to click unnecessarily

Message 61 of 105
latest reply

Re: Listing tool update causes 3x more clicks to remove all pics!?- are we going down this road agai

If i recall correctly... the new mobile platform push from ebay was so that it simplified their IT department and made it compartmentalized into "modules" that fit together like a puzzle to form a complete package so that each design team could work independently of each other and react faster to the needs of ebay's users. Each module- listing tool- shipping section/ listing tool item specifics/ listing tool photo editor/ listing tool promoted listings.....etc etc.   are all smaller teams that can respond to the needs of their sections of the larger whole.

In theory - that is a good idea but all of these teams need to work in harmony and in unison to the larger picture.    Did someone forget to tell the photo team that there was a huge pushback from the majority of desktop users (who are by far the largest single listing group on ebay) last year when the other teams added click after click to the listing tool flow?  The amount of new fresh listings started to plummet on ebay and GMV started to noticeably decline because of the amount of time and effort the unified listing tool took to use- people were fed up with listing on ebay- it was a huge backfire and then it took the better part of a year to redesign the tool and make it more usable on a desktop like the classic tool we had for years.

Where is the oversight. Where is the quality control? Where is the quick response to correct this design flaw? Where is the accountability for making a bad decision?  Why do we users ( ebay's customers) have to suffer through poorly implemented bad updates that we dont even want- all this does is cost us time and money, while frustrating us beyond belief. 

Message 62 of 105
latest reply

kyle@ebay any word from the team about why this change and if they understand our concerns or a time frame until addressing the issue?  I was listing all day yesterday and this is not something you "get used to"- it is very annoying and productivity killer

Message 63 of 105
latest reply

Started listing tonight and the 3x clicks are gone and back to the old way. Hope it stays that way!

Message 64 of 105
latest reply

I was excited to read your post above and went to make a listing to confirm but unfortunately i am still stuck with the new "longer" 3x click version😫. as of 4/11/2024 8am still bad listing experience with extra clicks and still does not remember shipping  options or handling charge or immed payment.

Message 65 of 105
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

I was excited to read your post above and went to make a listing to confirm but unfortunately i am still stuck with the new "longer" 3x click version😫. as of 4/11/2024 8am still bad listing experience with extra clicks and still does not remember shipping  options or handling charge or immed payment.

I still have the 3 click thing.........

Message 66 of 105
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

@siamjane8 

I use mainly Templates and just created a dummy listing.  While shipping options have not changed the image uploader has switched to the multi-step non-Seller enhancing format.  kyle@ebay add me to the list.  TOO many extra and unnecessary clicks have been added to the listing tool flow.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 67 of 105
latest reply

they are still making adjustments though.... now the delete button shows up when you hit edit but is grayed out until you select the checkbox. also when you delete all pics a button shows up at the bottom asking if you want to undo the action.

At least they are working on it but still- anything that is bloated programming design and causes unnecessary steps to accomplish a simple task in not acceptable- this is true of every platform- desktop OR mobile so i am still not sure how we are in this situation again- there must be design parameters that the design team works within before doing anything......isnt efficiency and flow and simple positive user experience some of those parameters?

I am not trying to insult or demean the individuals that made these changes..... but ebay has the highest fees in the industry- should we not get the best service for those fees?  This is a 30 year old multi-billion dollar international company- not a co-op or a startup breaking into a new venture- how is it possible that the most basic word processing and design flow needs are not being met?? 

Change does not = innovation.....it just means change.   For it to be innovative- it must be better or improve on the previous design, not be worse.

Message 68 of 105
latest reply

Good Afternoon - I also have to do the 3x clicks when deleting from my previous listing which is just a time waster just like the removal of the category suggestions when you enter a title (of which kyle@ebay was looking into).  I hope both of these issues are resolved as they should be working on making it faster to list, not slower.  

Message 69 of 105
latest reply

@modernvintagevibes i agree- they should be making it faster to list NOT slower.  And these issues do not even have a legitimate reason to have been implemented -they are just bad design decisions or oversights or just designers that do not understand how people use the listing tool.  

I would love to have a wack at what tools they use every day  and make a few "design changes" so they can understand what they are doing to us out here in the real world.

Another baffling change that must be a screwup is that when you cut and paste/ copy to the description body- THE CURSER HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE BEGINING OF THE TEXT COPIED INSTEAD OF THE WAY IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN- THE END OF THE TEXT

This may seem insignificant but in reality as soon as you hit "control V" to copy....what is the next logical step?.... to either continue on OR hit enter to start the next line of the description!

Now when you control V to copy---- and then you instinctively hit enter to start a new line- it just moves your already copied text down a line because THE CURSER WAS IN THE WRONG SPOT!    So now you MUST take your mouse and move the curser to the end before hitting enter- its mind boggling!

This is basic industry standard word processing that has been that way for 30 years- why is it now backwards with the latest ebay listing tool update???????????????????????????? 

Message 70 of 105
latest reply

I guess ebay is moving forward with this time killing design?.... more and more of the local sellers that i know are reaching out and asking if i have seen the new photo design and saying why on earth did they make it take 3 extra clicks.!

I am at a loss for words- there is not a logical reason that i can give them. kyle@ebay any insight for us- surely the teams have gotten back to you by now with either an "its working as designed" or a "we know there is an issue and are working on it".

Any time frame yet for a fix?

Message 71 of 105
latest reply

kyle@ebay wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Tagging in kyle@ebay . More feedback on the listing tool. Hopefully you can submit info from this discussion along with the other thread (link) on which I just tagged you. Thanks!

Hey @wastingtime101 you bet!  I'll be glad to share this feedback about the photos and the variations with the proper team for review!

Hi kyle@ebay : We're now at the end of the week. What response have you received regarding these problems with the listing tool revisions? If none, do you have a means of escalating the issue? Thanks!

Message 72 of 105
latest reply

I don't see the point of the 3 dots on each image. What was wrong with the one click delete we had before?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 73 of 105
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

I don't see the point of the 3 dots on each image. What was wrong with the one click delete we had before?

The point was to add a 3rd option which required a 3 dot menu.

The new 3rd option is "make main image".

I think eBay would be hard-pressed to find sellers that want or need that "make main image" option when all we have to do is drag/drop any image we want in the lead.

eBay should get rid of make main image and put the trash can back on each individual photo, and bring back the single click delete all button.

These changes are so frustrating, inefficient, time-consuming, backwards-thinking, and kinda disrespectful to sellers and their time.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 74 of 105
latest reply

I totally agree.

But then ebay has ALWAYS disregarded wasting a seller's time & effort.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 75 of 105
latest reply