cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing tool update causes 3x more clicks to remove all pics!?- are we going down this road again???

Yesterday my listing tool updated and now the "picture box" has a new design that is surrounded by a dotted line ands they removed the ultra convenient "Remove all pictures" button from the top right corner. 

Now you must hover over the corner to get an "edit" prompt to appear, then click it.  That makes a check all box on the other side of the screen show up. THEN you must check that box which makes a delet button show up on the OTHER side of the page that you must click .

Come on- this is just getting completely ridiculous now. We already had this fight with ebay when this tool rolled out 2 years ago to absolute hatred.  Why is ebay making it take longer to do SIMPLE tasks again.

It is not industry standard to make a one click feature take 4 clicks instead!

Is the design team getting paid by how many extra clicks they add to the desktop experience?  Full time sellers use desktops. All ebay employees use desktops, all companies use desktops to conduct business- we need the listing tool to act like a real tool optimized for business like we used to have with the classic tool.

If we are futzing around wasting time clicking here and there constantly- we are not adding new listings to ebay- what dont they get about that?  

BTW- with this update- the tool no longer remembers our calculated shipping options anymore so we have to click in the popup again and add USPS Advantage, USPS Priority, Fedex, and UPS........every time we list- it used to keep those selection on the listing and all we had to do was change the weight and dimensions.

Also it no longer keeps the handling fee or the immediate payment button checked

This update adds at least 15 clicks and another 1-2 minutes to the listing process.....and for what? 

Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Re: Listing tool update causes 3x more clicks to remove all pics!?- are we going down this road agai

kyle@ebay wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Tagging in kyle@ebay . More feedback on the listing tool. Hopefully you can submit info from this discussion along with the other thread (link) on which I just tagged you. Thanks!

Hey @wastingtime101 you bet!  I'll be glad to share this feedback about the photos and the variations with the proper team for review!

kyle@ebay : I'd be grateful if someone from that "team" would simply get their butt out here to explain why these changes were made, and how they believe they are improvements over what was there before.

What I find most infuriating in general about these unannounced changes is that no one wants to take responsibility for them. They're totally anonymous. There's no one here saying, "Here's why this was redesigned and here's why we think it's a good idea." Things get redesigned for no apparent reason, often by people who (on the basis of their revisions) do not appear to actually use the site, or at least the area that they're actually working on, and no one within eBay wants to talk about it.

Message 46 of 105
latest reply

Re: Listing tool update causes 3x more clicks to remove all pics!?- are we going down this road agai

kyle@ebay : I'd be grateful if someone from that "team" would simply get their butt out here to explain why these changes were made, and how they believe they are improvements over what was there before.

@a_c_green 

I thought it would be a good topic for the "new/improved/enhanced/NON EXISTENT" monthly chat feature.  You know like they stated: "we will schedule our chats with eBay staff around timely updates and recent changes."

It is simply not eBay's way.  They prefer unannounced changes to the interface where many things look like a glitch, and then seemingly refuse to talk about it at all.  Do they have a "tell us what you think" button on those new pages? 

Message 47 of 105
latest reply

Also.... Just realized the add video button is gone.... Kinda a major change isn't it? 

Also we now have to click add from computer or add from phone.... Extra clicks....if I was on a phone then I would already be on the phone listing tool. Adding from phone sounds like an interesting convenient feature for those that use their phones to take pics but use a computer to list--- but all it does is send a notification to your phone that opens the listing in the phone listing tool. The pics don't actually load over into your open listing on the v computer, So now you are just using your phone to add the pictures to the listing.... Then you either finish the listing on your phone (but why would you start on a computer then?, or hit done and go back to computer to enter data. But pictures won't be there until you close the listing on computer so you don't know if they transported....it's just a link...a feature that is not really a feature if you know what I mean. 

Message 48 of 105
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

Also.... Just realized the add video button is gone.... Kinda a major change isn't it? 

Also we now have to click add from computer or add from phone.... Extra clicks....if I was on a phone then I would already be on the phone listing tool. Adding from phone sounds like an interesting convenient feature for those that use their phones to take pics but use a computer to list--- but all it does is send a notification to your phone that opens the listing in the phone listing tool. The pics don't actually load over into your open listing on the v computer, So now you are just using your phone to add the pictures to the listing.... Then you either finish the listing on your phone (but why would you start on a computer then?, or hit done and go back to computer to enter data. But pictures won't be there until you close the listing on computer so you don't know if they transported....it's just a link...a feature that is not really a feature if you know what I mean. 

@siamjane8 adding a video isn't gone, it's just consolidated instead of being a separate button and you would add it along with your photos.

"Add photos and video. Add up to 25 photos and a 1-minute video or drag and drop."

2024-04-08_12-24-40.jpg

Message 49 of 105
latest reply

Just posting to the discussion in general. 

After  24 years  I no longer sell here.  If I did, and the selling interface changed in ONE area, I think I would be opening any and all dropdown menus, and seeing what eBay might have selected for me (to help me sell..LOL)  so I could turn them off.   I would not  want any additional surprises after the fact by something I failed to de-select.  

Same goes for any surprise additions to the selling preferences and buyer management pages. 

Message 50 of 105
latest reply

@valueaddedresource  thanks... I was so irritated by the whole thing, I did not notice it says that lol.... Although this would be a positive change if I could get it to work.... I would love to use a video from my phone but when I choose to add by phone.... It will only allow pictures. No way to access videos on phone.  Any thoughts? Am I missing something simple? I have not been able to add video on android for years. It's like they took that feature away along time ago. Or am I doing something wrong? Hahaha s23 ultra running the lasted updates on that app and Google etc.

Message 51 of 105
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

@valueaddedresource  thanks... I was so irritated by the whole thing, I did not notice it says that lol.... Although this would be a positive change if I could get it to work.... I would love to use a video from my phone but when I choose to add by phone.... It will only allow pictures. No way to access videos on phone.  Any thoughts? Am I missing something simple? I have not been able to add video on android for years. It's like they took that feature away along time ago. Or am I doing something wrong? Hahaha s23 ultra running the lasted updates on that app and Google etc.

@valueaddedresource 

Try googling a YouTube video on loading a video to an eBay listing via a smart phone.  

The thread below from 2021 came up too when I searched on the internet.  @shipscript posted on that thread with some explanations and processes concerning that functionality.  There may be updates to the process since it is several years old.

how can i upload a video to my listing? - The eBay Community

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 52 of 105
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

@siamjane8 as far as I know, adding a video has been desktop only since they rolled it out and I don't recall it ever being part of the app or that they've given a timeframe for adding it.

Message 53 of 105
latest reply

I can confirm, I just checked the app and it only allows photos.  From the website on a phone it might let you, I didn't check that but it theoretically should?

Message 54 of 105
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@siamjane8 as far as I know, adding a video has been desktop only since they rolled it out and I don't recall it ever being part of the app or that they've given a timeframe for adding it.

Yeah, it's always been a desktop thing. Seems counter-intuitive since most of us use our phones to take videos.

I thought they said last year they were adding it to the app? My memory could be way off on that though.

If kyle@ebay is still reading this discussion maybe he can find out the status of adding video through the app.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 55 of 105
latest reply

@valueaddedresource @mr_lincoln 

Actually I do remember it. A few years ago the video upload was on the phone app first for several months. Then mysteriously disappeared on android but still was available on i-phone version of the app. Then a couple years later... More recently it was rolled out to  the desktop version. The old YouTube's don't apply because the functionality is not there at all on android for years.... At least the best I can tell. It was as if they could not get it to work on android so they just pretended like they never had it lol. 

Originally it supported many more video formats but now it's only mp4 I believe. 

If someone could confirm that there is video capability on android eBay app- that would be great- otherwise there is no reason to even link from desktop to phone at all when doing a listing on computer

Message 56 of 105
latest reply

Why is this becoming so complicated?  Please make the preview frame display the selected photo so that I can click backward and forward to edit or delete pictures. 

I normally upload 3 of the same images and like to choose the best one of the three.  Now I have tiny images and need to open them up to see which one to delete.   

Clicking on any picture used to do this.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 57 of 105
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

Yeah, it's always been a desktop thing. Seems counter-intuitive since most of us use our phones to take videos.

I thought they said last year they were adding it to the app? My memory could be way off on that though.

If kyle@ebay is still reading this discussion maybe he can find out the status of adding video through the app.

Hey @wastingtime101 I don't recall for sure, but I have put some feelers out to see what I can find out and I'll report back with anything I can get! 

Kyle,
eBay
Message 58 of 105
latest reply

it would also be nice if when in the edit popup box- you could delete the picture also.  This has never been an option since they switched to the unified listing tool.  I am sure i am not the only person who has not realized there was a wrong picture or perhaps a bad exposure or blurry picture until they clicked on the edit and it enlarges......it would amazing to just click delete right then instead of having to close the edit box, then find the picture in the list, then click on the 3 dots, then click delete.    Sounds really inconvenient when you write it all out doesn't it?- because it is inconvenient. 

Message 59 of 105
latest reply

Yeah not good ebay, all these extra clicks...too many geeks in the kitchen trying to change all this stuff, It worked just fine the way it was and it was easy.

Message 60 of 105
latest reply