cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just caught A Customer making false claim of Non delivery

Posting this info to show other sellers how to completely confirm via USPS that packages were delivered to the recipients address. Customer started INR WHEN PACKAGE SHOWED delivered at person’s residence via USPS. We responded to the case with tracking showing delivered and a message to buyer that we are doing a courtesy  case filed with USPS  online to confirm GPS tracking of where this package ended up in case their was a chance of mis delivery. Postmaster contacted  me no late than 1 hour after filing this case at the destination PO. HE did the GPS and it was shown to be delivered to recipients correct address. He also emailed me the results officially from his office to use to submit to ebay if this customer goes on to file a chargeback for item not received. If buyer files a chargeback after this for not described we can also note that buyer made a false claim with the USPS for item not received not that that means a lot with those but it shows the person was being dishonest from the get go.  It’s usually an easy process just from the delivery scan showing delivered on here to win these but in the rare case that an item does get misdelivered you can always find out where these packages end up, for an insurance claim, and in the cases where they have lied about it. Solid proof.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

So you feel there is no possibility of, for instance, porch pirates?

Or that the package was actually delivered accidentally elsewhere by the courier? 

Or that perhaps a family member took the package in, but forgot to tell the buyer where he put it?

And, if the buyer goes to the PO about this, they can determine where the package ended up, but they do not give the customer the actual address.  

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Get this Mary, the Postmaster called the customer for me. I gave them her number and he called me back a few minutes after his call to her and she told him she got the package.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

There is NO doubt about where the package was delivered when they do the GPS scan. It is recorded in their database when the courier scans off the delivery. The GPS locates the whereabouts within a few ft of where it is dropped.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

All you really needed to do was up load tracking into the case and that's all. You would win since tracking showed as delivered. 
All that other detective work you did was unnecessary including having the post office call the buyer. 

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Right, it does not matter if they can’t tell me or the customer the address where it was found at a different address GPS STYLE. BUT it allows then the insurance claim to be filed.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

I would not have automatically assumed customer was making a false claim........as your title indicates.   Have had a number of instance where items are claimed not received but when I suggest they check with family members......the item is found.  Perhaps some are "scammers", but I tend to believe most were just honest mistakes.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Why would you need to file an insurance claim since tracking shows delivered? 

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Not really, The package COULD have been misdelivered. And every seller should strive for good customer service if they have the time to do this.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

And just think.................  if you had stated that in the original post it would have saved time for questions/speculation 😁

By the way. Good job at quashing the INR😊

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

A day after the case was file customer continues to claim did not get it on the case AFTER WE discussed talking with neighbors, contacted local PO, family friends, the dog if he ate it etc.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

Get this Mary, the Postmaster called the customer for me. I gave them her number and he called me back a few minutes after his call to her and she told him she got the package.

It might have taken a little while for the buyer to find the package.

I had one a couple years ago that said it was delivered and couldn't find it.

Our mail carrier was pretty good and he would always hide the packages so no one could see them from the road.

The place he usually put them wasn't there any more, but there was an old cook stove on the porch and he stuck it inside there.

Didn't even think to check there until about an hour later.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Could be for sure, but we get real concerned when it’s a 400 solid gold bracelet.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Why would you need to file an insurance claim since tracking shows delivered? 

Could have been misdelivered. GPS will tell ya that.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

And just think.................  if you had stated that in the original post it would have saved time for questions/speculation 😁

By the way. Good job at quashing the INR😊

Yep, we squashed it alright! LOL!!!

Message 15 of 24
latest reply