cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just caught A Customer making false claim of Non delivery

Posting this info to show other sellers how to completely confirm via USPS that packages were delivered to the recipients address. Customer started INR WHEN PACKAGE SHOWED delivered at person’s residence via USPS. We responded to the case with tracking showing delivered and a message to buyer that we are doing a courtesy  case filed with USPS  online to confirm GPS tracking of where this package ended up in case their was a chance of mis delivery. Postmaster contacted  me no late than 1 hour after filing this case at the destination PO. HE did the GPS and it was shown to be delivered to recipients correct address. He also emailed me the results officially from his office to use to submit to ebay if this customer goes on to file a chargeback for item not received. If buyer files a chargeback after this for not described we can also note that buyer made a false claim with the USPS for item not received not that that means a lot with those but it shows the person was being dishonest from the get go.  It’s usually an easy process just from the delivery scan showing delivered on here to win these but in the rare case that an item does get misdelivered you can always find out where these packages end up, for an insurance claim, and in the cases where they have lied about it. Solid proof.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Why aren't GPS results automatically part of the tracking?  Seems it would save time and money.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

So you feel there is no possibility of, for instance, porch pirates?

Or that the package was actually delivered accidentally elsewhere by the courier? 

Or that perhaps a family member took the package in, but forgot to tell the buyer where he put it?

And, if the buyer goes to the PO about this, they can determine where the package ended up, but they do not give the customer the actual address.  

None of which are the seller's responsibility.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Why is it never the cheapo stuff that goes MIA?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Glad to hear that.  Good news for you.  

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Wouldn't this require a signature for accepting something of value?

And it would be a small package which would fit in a mailbox.

And I never heard a postmaster calling a customer back right away...maybe in a few days.

Postmasters are rather busy to talk to a customer in minutes on a phone.

Anything I receive of value I usually sign or delivery people or mailman rings my bell...which is USPS, FedEx, and UPS.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

Why aren't GPS results automatically part of the tracking?  Seems it would save time and money.

THAT would be fantastic. Fed Ex takes actual pictures of where the package is. THAT IS fantastic.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

Get this Mary, the Postmaster called the customer for me. I gave them her number and he called me back a few minutes after his call to her and she told him she got the package.

It might have taken a little while for the buyer to find the package.

I had one a couple years ago that said it was delivered and couldn't find it.

Our mail carrier was pretty good and he would always hide the packages so no one could see them from the road.

The place he usually put them wasn't there any more, but there was an old cook stove on the porch and he stuck it inside there.

Didn't even think to check there until about an hour later.

Yes, that is a real possibility. The package was delivered per the tracking garage/other door. Hopefully they found their garage in the process.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Why is it never the cheapo stuff that goes MIA?

Murphy’s Law I guess. Always insure these to the max just in case Murphy decided where the package will go.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Wouldn't this require a signature for accepting something of value?

And it would be a small package which would fit in a mailbox.

And I never heard a postmaster calling a customer back right away...maybe in a few days.

Postmasters are rather busy to talk to a customer in minutes on a phone.

Anything I receive of value I usually sign or delivery people or mailman rings my bell...which is USPS, FedEx, and UPS.

We go with signature tracking and insurance. Sometimes one or the other depending on the value.  This one went with max insurance. If we start getting these cases more  frequently we go full speed ahead on both. Costly though. We usually start the sig and max insurance out at 300 bucks. We got lazy with this one.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply