cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Not Worth It

I don't sell too much on Ebay but after this most recent experience w/ a buyer I pulled all my items (well except for a textbook I am selling for a friend). On this listing after fees I made a whopping $8 off the bracelet. I listed a Lia Sophia bracelet, listed it A LONG time ago finally got an offer $2 below the price. I accepted and promptly shipped out. Once buyer receives the bracelet she requests a refund says it's defective. I'm 100% sure it wasn't, I have pictures in the listing showing otherwise. She stated the band was stretched. She sent me pics and it looked like she removed one of the pieces from the bracelet so it looked stretched out but in fact you could see the band material was tight on her wrist. I was going to request she ship it back but then I would be out the shipping × 2.  I know this isn't a lot of money but I'm so done with Ebay. I just took the $13 loss b/c I didn't need the frustration.  A little off topic.   About 10-15 years ago I listed a cute toddler lady bug costume. Person pays then comes back and says shipping cost is too high. Basically her husband purchased it and she didn't like the shipping cost. My listing says no returns. I ship it out, at that point you had to pay extra for tracking, husband didn't purchase tracking. She puts in a dispute saying she never received the costume. I call Ebay and spends HOURS and HOURS on the phone, at this point it was about principal not the money. I show Ebay my correspondence between the buyer and I showing that the buyer didn't like the shipping cost. I showed the buyer my receipt when I shipped it out. Again she complained it was too much money. Well Ebay sided with the buyer and this was 10-15 years ago. It will always stick out in my mind on how terrible Ebay truly is and doesn't protect the seller. Now they're even worse. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Just Not Worth It

I would do "buyer pays for return shipping"...a buyer will think twice before asking for a refund.

Although a buyer can do a not as described return and you have to pay for the shipping at least this will give the buyer some thoughts before the returning of something. And the buyer has to make sure they hit the right button for you to pay for the return.

Only do "buy it now". And you need to list a lot of items...not just a few.

Heck, you went through all the hoops of setting up an account.

I wouldn't give up.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Just Not Worth It

@cbrokenshire 

I believe the bracelet was $9.99 and I get the fact that those kinds of buyers are a royal pain, however these people are everywhere. 

You can leave but don’t toss all buyers in the same hole. You said you made $8. This sold for $9.99, and that would be about right. 

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Just Not Worth It

Just checking:  You do know that the buyer can open an item not as described case and eBay will require you to send the buyer a prepaid shipping label as well as to refund the buyer in full when you receive the item back, right? If you don't comply with the MBG, then eBay will most likely refund the buyer and allow her to keep the item.

Have you ever read the eBay Money Back Guarantee for buyers? 

And, re your 10-15 yrs ago event, was there or was there not tracking proving delivery? 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Just Not Worth It

I'll see if I change my mind. It's just so frustrating. I guess I should be happy because only 2 negative transactions happened in all my selling even though I don't sell too much. I'm just fed up with dishonest people. Thanks for the feedback 😀 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Just Not Worth It

Do you know how many times Walmart employees are rolling their eyes who work at the customer service desk?

Selling is full of returns, and I'd say the majority of them are always buyer remorse regardless of the option they choose to use.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Just Not Worth It

If everyone who took a $13 loss from selling on eBay threw in the towel, there wouldn't be any sellers left.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Just Not Worth It

I just refunded her the money b/c the last experience I had took me hours and hours so didn't want to deal with it. Now of course I'm having remorse b/c I know this buyer was dishonest. Re: the prior incident no tracking was purchased. Buyer said it was lost in the mail but buyer didn't purchase insurance either. I fought Ebay with every ounce of energy but they still sided with the buyer. 

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Just Not Worth It

Unfortunately that's the truth. 😕

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Just Not Worth It

Just don't like dishonest people, especially after that incident years back. I don't know how people do it, I used to love selling on ebay but then ebay won't allow you to leave a negative review for a buyer. 

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Just Not Worth It

If you've only had two bad experiences going "years back," then you still have a better batting average than most.  Put on your batting helmet and get back up to the plate.  Everyone gets drilled by a fastball now and then.  Rub some dirt on it and take your base.  There's no crying in eBay.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Just Not Worth It

@cbrokenshire 

i c she left u great feedback!

i get ur frustration. it's like, every time dishonesty shows its ugly head and then prevails, hope for mankind diminishes 😫

better to c all the awesome buyers u'v had over the years.

don't let the 'rotten apples' prevail

FYI- if u offer free returns, it helps to keep buyers honest and sellers can deduct up to 50% of the selling price if the item is returned in a different condition than sent

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Just Not Worth It

Some of the keys on your keyboard don't seem to be functioning properly.  I've heard that a little can of compressed air can blow out the bugs.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Just Not Worth It

I really appreciate your feedback❤️❤️❤️, you're the only one that really understands. I will now offer free returns, I think I knew that information but I had forgotten about it. And don't pay attention to any replies, I fully understood your message. 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Just Not Worth It

@hartungcards 

🤣  >>>> 😛 >>>>>>>  😛 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply