cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items Are Disappearing, or Not Showing

For the past few days I've had a lot of issues with selling. I'm not a noob, been doing this for 20 years, but wow am I lost.

1) Many Items are completely gone. 
- Item does not show up in searching Seller Hub

- Item does not show up in the "Unsold" section of Seller Hub
- Item does not show up in searching my store

- Item does not show up in searching all of ebay.

2) TONS of items that I listed today do not show up in ebay search

- 6 hours and no views, no watchers, no bids on 50 items

- Cannot search for them on ebay

- They do show up in Seller Hub
- They do show up when clicked on from Seller Hub

Literally nothing has changed with my store in 20 years. I know for a fact I didn't accidentally change anything. Anyone else seeing any issues?

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Items Are Disappearing, or Not Showing

Every single one of my listings has shown up again in Seller Hub. They don't show up in my store though. Hopefully they've fixed whatever the issue is and everything is going back to normal.

Cosmic Crave and Proton Crave are a couple that are back in Seller Hub, but not in the storefront, yet. Hopefully they'll populate again.

Message 31 of 62
latest reply

Thanks.  The anecdotal evidence that eBay DOES indeed hide the listings of people who refuse to be extorted keeps piling up.

Message 32 of 62
latest reply

You said: "Don't get overly concerned about number of views..."

I said we most certainly should worry about the constant inaccuracies, screwups, glitches, etc.

Read your own stuff much?

Message 33 of 62
latest reply

All my items became visible after about 28 hours...

Message 34 of 62
latest reply

@stevemartin60 wrote:

You said: "Don't get overly concerned about number of views..."

I said we most certainly should worry about the constant inaccuracies, screwups, glitches, etc.

Read your own stuff much?

I know you like to be snarky, but really it is not welcome or necessary.  

How many views a seller gets on a listing does NOT determine if or when it is going to sell.  It never has.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 35 of 62
latest reply

That is crazy, but thanks to your post I now know what to expect. One thing we can be sure of, we never have to wait long for the next glitch on this site.

Message 36 of 62
latest reply

I just got off the phone after another half-hour call with Manager "Dave". I learned as much as I could but at this point still no firm answers on a fix.

In short, about 3 days ago a big update went in to the system. As per Dave this issue with the listings getting indexed and being delayed up to 24 hours was an "unexpected" consequence of said update. While the indexing protocol has been in play for years, it applies differently to different accounts. For new accounts, the first 25 listings they make automatically go into the indexing protocol and are listed within 24 hours (may be 24, may be sooner). Once through the 25 then it becomes a random indexing hitting about one out of one hundred.

Sellers that have been doing this forever are normally supposedly getting hit with the very random indexing and we are just not noticing it. It seems that the update kicked veteran accounts into reading as beginning accounts. Reportedly I am the sixth one today that he has had to discuss this issue with. All of this is per Dave.

However, we are pretty darn aware of our listings and know when they are up or not. I can not say with 100% confidence that I may have missed the random listing that delays in posting, but I have to say that I have never seen it happen at all. No matter what, we don't have any recourse on this right now so we have to grin and bear it.

As a stop-gap, we are in the process of revising 25 of our lowest selling listings to see if this gets us out of the woods. Figure we can miss out on views on our worst listings to get back to where we were before. I will let you know if that helps. Dave says that a "fix" should be done "fairly quickly".

We will let you know how it goes. Until then, let's keep selling as well as we can in this tough business climate!!

Message 37 of 62
latest reply

I haven't checked every one, however I think all of mine have all showed up.

Message 38 of 62
latest reply

You said you never said anything like it.

I quoted where you said exactly that.

If quoting you is snarky, then that is on you.

Message 39 of 62
latest reply

My listings posted yesterday afternoon finally showed up 24 hours later under search results. Sure hope this is NOT the new normal for sellers on eBay!

Message 40 of 62
latest reply

@stevemartin60 wrote:

You said you never said anything like it.

I quoted where you said exactly that.

If quoting you is snarky, then that is on you.

If it is of importance to anyone my response was "First, if you want to address something I've said, no problem.  But if you want to twist it into something that I did not say, don't bother.  I said nothing like what you posted here, so no need for me to respond to this nonsense."  

What you did was quote me out of context.  As you very well know that can make many things seem like something it is no.  

Message 41 of 62
latest reply

My sis & I both Veteran Sellers here with 100% poz feedback. This "Indexing" malarkey is also happening to us.

ME: This morn, I LISTED a bracelet and REVISED another that had been on since last year. Hours later, neither are showing in Store or eBay wide search. Called CS who said that any New or Revised ltems may take up to 72 Hours to show due to Indexing. I'll be watching them to see when (and if) they finally appear and will get back.

Sis: Yesterday she Revised approx. 50 existing listings. Today, none show in her store or eBay wide search.

To be continued...

Message 42 of 62
latest reply

@bauble-babes 

Indexing is not "malarkey", it is a fact.  One that has been standard for Ebay for many years.  As the site grew bigger and bigger over the years, things could not be done the same way as it was when it was a small site.  While you may not like it, it doesn't change the fact that it happens.

Check in your Seller Hub under Active Listings.  They show up there from the moment you post a listing.  If it isn't there, it didn't get posted.

Revising listings is different.  Revising a listings should not cause it to disappear.  You should likely contact Ebay ASAP with that problem as it is just not normal.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 43 of 62
latest reply

EBays indexing is weird. Listed some items for over 1,000 and they showed up in 15 minutes.

Listed a DVD for 1 dollar and 4 dollar shipping and it took over 1 day to show up.

But for me eventually they all show up. Just gotta be patient.

Message 44 of 62
latest reply

Re-indexing is likely scheduled.  I've had many show up in a short period of time and then others take ours.  It just could be that you posted shortly before the reindexing happened.

Message 45 of 62
latest reply