cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me, or has Paypal begun to act strangely?

OK...  Here's the deal.  Have had my PP account for 16 years.  Never any issues with them, and they have always treated me wonderfully.  First odd occurrence; I refunded an ebay buyer a small shipping over charge.  I had plenty of funds in my PP acct, yet instead of debiting that, PP pops the funds from  my bank as an E-check.  Strange.  Second event.  Again, adequate funds...Transferred $150.00 to my bank account, and I immediately receive notice that my transfer has been held, while the transaction is "verified"....Up to 5 business days.  What??  No REAL reason, save for reading between the lines, that PP cloaked it's reasoning behind the "it's for your own good" curtain.  My seller acct. has no ebay/PP issues...No returns, no cases...Nothing.  I've had the same bank, with the same numbers, forever.  Spoke with someone at PP, who basically [just] told me, what the e-advisory said.  I'm almost afraid of having any more ebay sales through PP ....Is this common? Did I just get caught in the Paypal rotation?  Without due cause, this sounds a little too close to that mid-century regime, from the land of the Mercedes.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it just me, or has Paypal begun to act strangely?

This might be a great topic to bring up on the PayPal discussion boards!

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Community/ct-p/en

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

did you do the refund from the item sale?  

As far as the 5 days is concerned, they've always had some disclaimer of taking a couple of days to show up in the bank.  I think you  can pay for "faster" deposit......so that may be the reason.....to encourage that if you need it fast.

I sure wouldn't worry about paypal overall............plus you have to take it, if you aren't in Managed Payments so really no choice..........

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

This might be a great topic to bring up on the PayPal discussion boards!

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Community/ct-p/en
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@u_cant_take_it_with_u wrote:   Without due cause, this sounds a little too close to that mid-century regime, from the land of the Mercedes.

Rather sounds like the US government...The trite get out of jail free card:  *Place under the guise of security, to negate resistance...Carte blanche control will follow. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I was surprised that all my information needed updating and that the address that I had been using for years was no good anymore. It was on my drivers license .But that was not good enough they wanted a bill with my street number.  Have it back to the way I used Pay Pal before.  I hope it was another layer of protection!  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@moxiedrinker wrote:

I was surprised that all my information needed updating and that the address that I had been using for years was no good anymore. It was on my drivers license .But that was not good enough they wanted a bill with my street number.  Have it back to the way I used Pay Pal before.  I hope it was another layer of protection!  

I had to give them a bunch of information last November when I changed my physical address to a PO Box. Unfortunately almost all of my bills had already been changed to reflect my PO Box so we went through a bunch of chats on their Facebook page, private messages on their Facebook page and a bunch of private messages in the Notification section of my PayPal account. They wouldn't accept any older bills that still showed my physical address. I finally was able to get them a copy of my electric bill which showed both my PO Box as the mailing address and my physical address as the service address. That made them happy but I did have to leave both addresses in my account with PayPal.

I would wish them good luck trying to pull any money out of the bank account I have attached to PayPal because it is a savings account and the only people who can pull money out is me and my Credit Union ... no third parties allowed. I can deposit from PayPal but not pay with this bank account.

I'm still upset with PayPal for messing around with our Premier accounts.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It seems there's a few peeps being caught by surprise to find they now have a 'personal' PP account that they can't use for buying anything.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply