cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else getting LOTS of messages from people not being able to complete transactions on BIN's

I must have received 3-5 messages from positive standing eBay users in the past 3 days that have told me that when trying to purchase an item from me on Buy It Now it was not letting them complete the transactions, while at the same time I have been getting some orders as well?

Furthermore they are being instructed to contact both eBay and PayPal and are being told by BOTH that they have no idea what the glitch is. In one case 2 eBay reps suggested that I invoice them directly, which I did, and the next day I received a WARNING from eBay not to ever do that again-when I only did it because they instructed me to!

Any help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: Is anyone else getting LOTS of messages from people not being able to complete transactions on B

@hotrodsalvation7 wrote:

We have unpaid BIN sales. I'm wondering if the buyers are having payment issues?  PLEASE HELP!  Sales are slow as it is.  

those with the unpaid bin sales might consider sending an ebay message to the prospective buyers and asking them IF it is a problem that ebay won't let the payment go through .... maybe try to narrow down the cause AND number of occurances

Message 31 of 97
latest reply

Re: Is anyone else getting LOTS of messages from people not being able to complete transactions on B

Thank you-yes I have checked all of this and still have no idea why this is happening. A potential buyer {now not due to these problems} sent me the error message and it simply stated that at checkout said "we can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address."

This was from a very consistent buyer of things on here. They checked all this and that was not the issue. In fact they went to purchase an inexpensive item right afterwards to check if it was on their end, and were able to purchase no problem.

I have no idea what is going on?

Message 32 of 97
latest reply

That is VERY SAD to hear and read. So essentially what people here are saying is that the website is not functioning properly and there are some major technical issues between eBay and PayPal {who I believe are owned together}? And nobody from eBay is giving us the sellers and the basis of the entire website any information whatsoever on this disastrous situation? How can this be? I don't understand at all what is happening.

Message 33 of 97
latest reply

And I have just hear from the same potential customer that the problem is still persisting. The user is trying their best to give both eBay, PayPal, and I money. And can not. And they naturally want to find out why this is happening.

Could this possibly be more disheartening?

Message 34 of 97
latest reply

Have you asked THEM to contact Ebay..........that you have done it and have been told the buyer must contact them?

Message 35 of 97
latest reply

Oh yes-they have ALL contacted both eBay and PayPal themselves. The first person I had this with told me in writing that not one but 2 eBay reps suggested that I send them an invoice directly for the item. So I did that, and even made this notation on the invoice. The very next day I received a very harsh warning from eBay about selling outside of eBay, and outlined possible repercussions for doing this again. The very next possible buyer {they have since disappeared of course} and the next one as well, were all told by eBay reps to have me bill them directly. 

So there seems to be a major technical glitch either on my account or on eBay-which I have received next to zero assistance with from them, and on top of that very large problem {not being able to make sales} I have not one, not two but three independent eBay reps advising my potential customers {who also are likely to disappear and likely forever} to tell me to in fact break the eBay policy.

I just don't get it. And I pay my monthly fees every month, no issues, no complaints, 100% positive feedback with over 5000 sales. And nobody is helping me, that I can tell-I don't know maybe they are looking into it, but some type of comment or update from them would go a very long way. 

Message 36 of 97
latest reply

Maybe I'm over-reacting I don't know. If I am I certainly apologize for that. It's just very difficult to work as hard as we do, and get messages from people who want to be our customers, telling us that there is some type of glitch, that is preventing this from happening. We love eBay and have never had anything like this happen before. We just don't know why this happening but from reading these boards, it sounds like there are many people in the same position.

I have faith eBay will look at this and I don't see them being happy about losing revenue in lost sales {though I read a couple posts that said they might be-which I don't understand or agree with}

So hopefully some answers will come.

Message 37 of 97
latest reply

@flipwedge57 wrote:

That is VERY SAD to hear and read. So essentially what people here are saying is that the website is not functioning properly and there are some major technical issues between eBay and PayPal {who I believe are owned together}? And nobody from eBay is giving us the sellers and the basis of the entire website any information whatsoever on this disastrous situation? How can this be? I don't understand at all what is happening.

Yes, it's also very disappointing that we can't get a complete answer.

eBay spun-off PayPal last year and things are changing because of this.  The plot will also thicken when eBay Managed Payments becomes a requirement.

There seems to be a reoccurring problem being reported and there may be multiple reasons why, as both PayPal and eBay are involved in the transaction (either by processing it or handing it off in a handshake).

Right now the friendly handshake that used to work all the time for me, seems to have stopped for some eBay buyers.  Since I stopped buying here, I can't tell you what my recent payment experience has been.

Message 38 of 97
latest reply

@flipwedge57 wrote:

And I have just hear from the same potential customer that the problem is still persisting. The user is trying their best to give both eBay, PayPal, and I money. And can not. And they naturally want to find out why this is happening.

Could this possibly be more disheartening?

I suggest you call both eBay and PayPal and document what you're told.  I would insist that they help to resolve this, as it's costing you sales and your time.

Hopefully this will be resolved today for you. 

Message 39 of 97
latest reply

@greg5000 wrote:

@flipwedge57 wrote:

eBay spun-off PayPal last year and things are changing because of this.  The plot will also thicken when eBay Managed Payments becomes a requirement.

There seems to be a reoccurring problem being reported and there may be multiple reasons why, as both PayPal and eBay are involved in the transaction (either by processing it or handing it off in a handshake).

Right now the friendly handshake that used to work all the time for me, seems to have stopped for some eBay buyers.  Since I stopped buying here, I can't tell you what my recent payment experience has been.

eBay and PayPal split in 2015

Managed Payments was announced at the beginning of last year.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 40 of 97
latest reply

@flipwedge57 wrote:

Oh yes-they have ALL contacted both eBay and PayPal themselves. The first person I had this with told me in writing that not one but 2 eBay reps suggested that I send them an invoice directly for the item. So I did that, and even made this notation on the invoice. The very next day I received a very harsh warning from eBay about selling outside of eBay, and outlined possible repercussions for doing this again. The very next possible buyer {they have since disappeared of course} and the next one as well, were all told by eBay reps to have me bill them directly. 

So there seems to be a major technical glitch either on my account or on eBay-which I have received next to zero assistance with from them, and on top of that very large problem {not being able to make sales} I have not one, not two but three independent eBay reps advising my potential customers {who also are likely to disappear and likely forever} to tell me to in fact break the eBay policy.

I just don't get it. And I pay my monthly fees every month, no issues, no complaints, 100% positive feedback with over 5000 sales. And nobody is helping me, that I can tell-I don't know maybe they are looking into it, but some type of comment or update from them would go a very long way. 

brian@ebay 

tyler@ebay 

@flipwedge57  needs assistance with this ongoing issue and it would be appreciated if someone from eBay could help.

Message 41 of 97
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@greg5000 wrote:

@flipwedge57 wrote:

eBay and PayPal split in 2015

Managed Payments was announced at the beginning of last year.

Yes eBay and PayPal split into two separate companies in 2015.  And last year eBay announced that PayPal would not be their main payment processing company ... so PayPal is spinning off ... into a Galaxy Far, Far Away.  Smiley Indifferent

Yes, I know when Managed Payments was announced.   What I said was:

The plot will also thicken when eBay Managed Payments becomes a requirement.

Right now Managed Payments is optional.

Message 42 of 97
latest reply

@flipwedge57 wrote:

I have faith eBay will look at this and I don't see them being happy about losing revenue in lost sales {though I read a couple posts that said they might be-which I don't understand or agree with}

So hopefully some answers will come.

I think this is the right approach. As brian@ebay has already stated:

"I'm not able to discuss account specific details here, nor can I share account details about another members account, so I won't be able to go into detail about why these buyers are not able to make a payment. Buyers that encounter checkout errors will need to contact Customer Support to receive help resolving the matter. If they are given incorrect information then I suggest that they ask to speak with a supervisor."

It would appear from his statement that the problems seem to be with the buyers somehow, so there's not much you can do from your side of the equation. Maybe one or more of your buyers will contact you to let you know what they find out.

Message 43 of 97
latest reply

@christian723 wrote:

Hi, same problem here but as a buyer: I bought a video card+memory and when I'm going to pay with Paypal. Ebay says that a problem happened  and I can't pay with Paypal and I must pay with credit card...but then a message pop-ups and tell that I can't pay with PAYPAL neither CREDIT CARD or DEBIT CARD and I must select another way of payment, and THERE ISN'T any other way of payment showed!!! THIS IS CRAZY!!!!! EBAY PLEASE FIX THIS!!!! 

I've had a similar thing happen to me- I attempted to buy a couple sets of tires here from two different sellers about six weeks ago. Could NOT pay with PayPal, and my credit card numbers were rejected as invalid. On top of that, I got a notice from eBay that I needed to reset my password because this looked like a hijack attempt.

I went to Amazon and easily bought my $800 worth of tires with the same card eBay rejected as invalid.

The stupidity never stops.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 44 of 97
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@christian723 wrote:

Hi, same problem here but as a buyer: I bought a video card+memory and when I'm going to pay with Paypal. Ebay says that a problem happened  and I can't pay with Paypal and I must pay with credit card...but then a message pop-ups and tell that I can't pay with PAYPAL neither CREDIT CARD or DEBIT CARD and I must select another way of payment, and THERE ISN'T any other way of payment showed!!! THIS IS CRAZY!!!!! EBAY PLEASE FIX THIS!!!! 

I've had a similar thing happen to me- I attempted to buy a couple sets of tires here from two different sellers about six weeks ago. Could NOT pay with PayPal, and my credit card numbers were rejected as invalid. On top of that, I got a notice from eBay that I needed to reset my password because this looked like a hijack attempt.

I went to Amazon and easily bought my $800 worth of tires with the same card eBay rejected as invalid.

The stupidity never stops.

And we all wonder why sales are dead?????

Wow, eBay!  Get your act together or we're all going down!

Message 45 of 97
latest reply