cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else getting LOTS of messages from people not being able to complete transactions on BIN's

I must have received 3-5 messages from positive standing eBay users in the past 3 days that have told me that when trying to purchase an item from me on Buy It Now it was not letting them complete the transactions, while at the same time I have been getting some orders as well?

Furthermore they are being instructed to contact both eBay and PayPal and are being told by BOTH that they have no idea what the glitch is. In one case 2 eBay reps suggested that I invoice them directly, which I did, and the next day I received a WARNING from eBay not to ever do that again-when I only did it because they instructed me to!

Any help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: Is anyone else getting LOTS of messages from people not being able to complete transactions on B

@repairelectronics wrote:
I had it happen to me Sunday night, the buyer contacted me saying he could not pay for the item and asked me to check into it. Monday morning I saw it was paid for and the buyer told me he had to go through the purchasing loop 3 times before it was accepted. Good thing it was a rare item or he may have just gave-up.

...and just to add another data point: over in my buying account, I was trying to pay for an auction item I'd won a couple of nights ago, and got that vague "We can't process your transaction" error myself. My routine payment method is paying from my Discover card via PayPal, except on that evening it suddenly refused to work for that transaction. After banging on it a couple of times with no success, I changed my funding source to my PayPal balance, and that went through immediately. I have used my Discover card for later purchases since then.

So, whatever that problem is, it does seem to be transitory, and that kind of glitch is the worst to pin down.

Message 91 of 97
latest reply

Re: Is anyone else getting LOTS of messages from people not being able to complete transactions on B

I belive this payment issue is extremely likely to be the main reason many on here are commenting on lack of sales. Imagine that when sellers hear from the buyers who are trying to purchase but can not, this represents only a microscopic amount of people who are trying to give sellers money, and therefore eBay money. This is likely massive her folks, Massive.

If people can not buy, they will leave and buy elsewhere. Very simple. It's the main thing if not the only thing on the entire site that matters.

Truly the magnitude of these problems can not be understated, nor can the amount of money this costing both sellers and eBay.

Personally I am shocked that I have not heard about this issue in the media. I don't see how this hasn't been reported. This is massive news, now eftecting people's livelihoods.

I have faith it will get fixed, but in the meantime, I don't think anyone here can even imagine how much money these paymemt problems have created and been lost, let alone losing users, for very long if not permanent periods of time.

Message 92 of 97
latest reply

I just tried to purchase an item from a seller I have bought from several times in the past.  I tried both BIN and the cart but checkout tells me it cannot process at this time. I have tried off and on for 2 hrs. So I searched the web, found what I wanted and paid $4 more than it would have cost here. 

I am a buyer only but I buy less and less for several reasons. But bottom line is that if I can't pay, why waste my time here. 

Message 93 of 97
latest reply

@flipwedge57 wrote:

I belive this payment issue is extremely likely to be the main reason many on here are commenting on lack of sales. Imagine that when sellers hear from the buyers who are trying to purchase but can not, this represents only a microscopic amount of people who are trying to give sellers money, and therefore eBay money. This is likely massive her folks, Massive.

If people can not buy, they will leave and buy elsewhere. Very simple. It's the main thing if not the only thing on the entire site that matters.

Truly the magnitude of these problems can not be understated, nor can the amount of money this costing both sellers and eBay.

Personally I am shocked that I have not heard about this issue in the media. I don't see how this hasn't been reported. This is massive news, now eftecting people's livelihoods.

I have faith it will get fixed, but in the meantime, I don't think anyone here can even imagine how much money these paymemt problems have created and been lost, let alone losing users, for very long if not permanent periods of time.

I think I would add "and likely never be back" to that statement. With persistent ongoing nonsense like this eBay is the best reason ever to shop elsewhere.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 94 of 97
latest reply

@csbbct wrote:

There are several threads now created in the last few days on the Technical Issues board so I don't know if it's getting worse or if people are getting angry enough now to post about it:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/checkout-ISNT-WORKING-been-trying-to-pay-for-my-item-...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/ebay-began-to-have-problems-with-payments-on-8-17-201...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Can-t-Pay-Neither-PayPal-or-Card-payment-working/m-p/...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Payment-Processing-is-Down/m-p/30132174#M60242

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/i-can-t-pay-anything-on-ebay/m-p/30144160#M60314

I was FINALLY able to pay for the item I have been trying to buy for a week. If it had been available anyplace else I would have bought it there.

Pure idiocy.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 96 of 97
latest reply

Ok-does anyone know how to lock this thread?

Message 97 of 97
latest reply