cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International buy unable to purchase

Hi all,

I recently returned to eBay after a long hiatus and am a seller located in the US with a buyer in Australia interested in one of my items: https://www.ebay.com/itm/235128439814

The buyer says they are not able to proceed with purchase and I am struggling to understand why they cannot proceed. My account is enrolled in eBay International Shipping, confirmed on Shipping Preferences, and while most countries as marked as exclusioned (which I need to go through and update) Australia is not as I removed from the exclusion list to try to allow buyer to advance. 

Am I missing something? I have removed the Australia exclusions at both the Preferences and the individual listing level. Thanks for the assistance!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: International buy unable to purchase

@dbfolks166mt @marnotom! 

Thank you for all the really helpful discussion about my issue. I'm not quite sure why my exclusions are configured with basically the entire world blocked on EIS. This was not the configuration I left when I stopped selling a couple years back, and I didn't realize it was such a mess until this Australia buyer told me they could not proceed. I need to spend some time cleaning this up but at a minimum I was trying to allow them to advance. Confirmed Australia is allowed as a preference.

dbfolks166mt_0-1693919867322.png

dbfolks166mt_1-1693919867403.png

Its an interesting possibility that this could be blocked for something specific in the title or description. I can try removing "vintage" from the listing. I can also look at replacing "tortoise" for alternate wording as it is pattern only, not real shell. 

I can tell you for sure it is not "vintage" I have a LOT of listings with the word vintage in the title and no issues with any of those. It could very well be the "tortoise" in the title. Sort of like using the word "Ivory" to describe a color that will get your listing pulled not just excluded from EIS. Once you make the changes let us know we can always check and see if EIS picked it up. I did check several of your other listings and this is the only item that seems to have issues. 

Also confirming it appear that I have the option to circumvent EIS and allow direct shipping to Australia, but this really something I'm willing to do at this juncture. I don't want to roll the dice on an expensive item while still trying to reacclimate myself to selling on eBay. 

Understand that. My exclusion list used to be a LOT larger prior to the EIS program but I basically sell worldwide these days due to the seller protections under the EIS program. 

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

I can tell you for sure it is not "vintage" I have a LOT of listings with the word vintage in the title and no issues with any of those.

I should have been more specific.  It could be the word “vintage” in conjunction with the category.  Are you selling sunglasses right now?

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt I have removed the word "tortoise" from both the Title and the Item Description. Would be fantastic to be able to trace the issue back to the use of this word.  🤞

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt I have removed the word "tortoise" from both the Title and the Item Description. Would be fantastic to be able to trace the issue back to the use of this word.  

That fixed it. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1693969834931.png

dbfolks166mt_2-1693969875905.png

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@baudtluxury

Uh-oh.  I can't see any of your listings when my shipping location is set to Canada because you only have Australia and the US set as "ships to" locations. 

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt Fantastic. Thank you so much to you and @marnotom! for helping me run this down!

@marnotom! I've unblocked Canada from the list as well. I really need to clean up these exclusions...

Message 21 of 21
latest reply