cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International buy unable to purchase

Hi all,

I recently returned to eBay after a long hiatus and am a seller located in the US with a buyer in Australia interested in one of my items: https://www.ebay.com/itm/235128439814

The buyer says they are not able to proceed with purchase and I am struggling to understand why they cannot proceed. My account is enrolled in eBay International Shipping, confirmed on Shipping Preferences, and while most countries as marked as exclusioned (which I need to go through and update) Australia is not as I removed from the exclusion list to try to allow buyer to advance. 

Am I missing something? I have removed the Australia exclusions at both the Preferences and the individual listing level. Thanks for the assistance!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

@baudtluxury 

I understand that you tried to update that listing, but it was not successful. That listing only has shipping available to the United states. It has no international shipping to Australia or any other country.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

They may have seen this listing 334984638389

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Apologize to the customer.

Now explain to them that you are going to:

Cancel the sale as "problem with address".

Make a NEW listing just for them using their eBay ID as the title.

Close the original listing.

Go to Sell Similar and relist changing the title as promise and the shipping to SPECIFICALLY allow Australia by giving a shipping price for Australia.

Let the customer know the listing should be live (it might take a few hours) and that it will be available  for 48 hours.

If they buy and pay, great. Ship.

If they disappear, after 48 hours, end the special listing, go to your Unsolds and relist the original listing.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

What exactly is the item, number or a link?

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

What exactly is the item, number or a link?

There's a link in the OP's post, @dbfolks166mt.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@baudtluxury, I suspect that eIS has auto-disqualified the item from international shipping due to this:

https://landing.worldnet-intl.com/knowledge/documentation-guides/drop-ball-test-certificate/what-do-...

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@baudtluxury, I suspect that eIS has auto-disqualified the item from international shipping due to this:

https://landing.worldnet-intl.com/knowledge/documentation-guides/drop-ball-test-certificate/what-do-...

While that is possible it's odd that it's only applicable to one of the two pair the OP has listed. The following pair is setup to ship through EIS. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1693889340577.png

However there is something in the OP's settings for this pair that is not including any other shipping destination other than the US. 

dbfolks166mt_1-1693889510026.png

dbfolks166mt_2-1693889551201.png

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

However there is something in the OP's settings for this pair that is not including any other shipping destination other than the US. 

Possibly the “vintage” descriptor, then.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

Possibly the “vintage” descriptor, then.

It's more like something in the OP's shipping preferences in their account settings. For the problem listing the OP is only shipping to the United States. 

dbfolks166mt_1-1693891002931.png

dbfolks166mt_0-1693890913966.png

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

It's more like something in the OP's shipping preferences in their account settings. For the problem listing the OP is only shipping to the United States. 

Then those shipping preferences should affect all their listings and not just one, no?  While there's the chance that the seller somehow accidentally went to town on their exclusion list for this particular listing, I've seen instances where items listed with eIS applied have oddball exclusion lists for one or two of a seller's listings and not others and the seller claims to have had nothing to do with this.  

I think eIS does have the ability to modify exclusion lists for items listed in categories where some destinations may be problematic, and there may have been something that triggered an entire eIS-initiated international block on this listing.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

It may be because you have the word tortoiseshell in the title.  Is it genuine or faux?  

Aussies donate hundreds of tortoiseshell items to help stop illegal trade | Aussies donate hundreds ...

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

Then those shipping preferences should affect all their listings and not just one, no?  While there's the chance that the seller somehow accidentally went to town on their exclusion list for this particular listing, I've seen instances where items listed with eIS applied have oddball exclusion lists for one or two of a seller's listings and not others and the seller claims to have had nothing to do with this.  

I think eIS does have the ability to modify exclusion lists for items listed in categories where some destinations may be problematic, and there may have been something that triggered an entire eIS-initiated international block on this listing.

If the OP has their shipping preferences set correctly in their account settings then yes those settings should apply to all the OP's listings where EIS determines the item is applicable. Example of seller account shipping preference filters where the seller ships to virtually ever country. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1693914793961.png

You are correct EIS does have some filters that filter out items not eligible for the EIS shipping program because of a number of factors. Still the OP should be able to override the EIS filter in the individual listing and specify alternative shipping options that they can utilize to ship directly to the buyer. Within the listing the seller should see this option down in the shipping area and should be able to add another shipping service/method. 

dbfolks166mt_1-1693914878487.png

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@reallynicestamps 

Appreciate your thoughts. I should have phrased my question a little better. The "buyer" in question has not yet made the purchase; they are unable to because they say my listing will not allow them to proceed with a purchase from Australia. 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt @marnotom! 

Thank you for all the really helpful discussion about my issue. I'm not quite sure why my exclusions are configured with basically the entire world blocked on EIS. This was not the configuration I left when I stopped selling a couple years back, and I didn't realize it was such a mess until this Australia buyer told me they could not proceed. I need to spend some time cleaning this up but at a minimum I was trying to allow them to advance. Confirmed Australia is allowed as a preference.

baudtluxury_0-1693918492891.png

baudtluxury_1-1693918547912.png

Its an interesting possibility that this could be blocked for something specific in the title or description. I can try removing "vintage" from the listing. I can also look at replacing "tortoise" for alternate wording as it is pattern only, not real shell. 

Also confirming it appear that I have the option to circumvent EIS and allow direct shipping to Australia, but this really something I'm willing to do at this juncture. I don't want to roll the dice on an expensive item while still trying to reacclimate myself to selling on eBay. 

Message 15 of 21
latest reply