cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping

Since I've been enrolled in International Shipping I have seen no increase in impressions, views, or sales. I've had no international sales.  I would think selling in 200+ more countries would yield an increase in all of these sectors. I'm wondering if anyone else has had any luck with an international sale or increase in traffic?

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: International Shipping

eBay has NO Advertising here in the USA and NO eyes on this site...How would the rest of the world know about it?!

TV Advertising is Key to a successful business in today's Modern World!

Welcome to the 21st Century!

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

@nimsse0 wrote:

Since I've been enrolled in International Shipping I have seen no increase in impressions, views, or sales. I've had no international sales.  I would think selling in 200+ more countries would yield an increase in all of these sectors. I'm wondering if anyone else has had any luck with an international sale or increase in traffic?

International shipping is very expensive.

Are your items unique or interesting enough that people in other countries would be willing to pay $25+ extra for shipping to get them? I see you have lots of lots of low-ish priced shoes and clothes.

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Again, NO.  Ebay can't force a seller to ship internationally with or without being optd into EIS.

Sorry, I wasn’t very clear.  What I meant was I wonder if the OP has modified their shipping preferences before receiving the eIS “invitation” from eBay.

The last time I looked at some of their listings [yesterday] they clearly had not as they read shipping in the US only.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 18 of 46
latest reply

The biggest issue you're going to run into with international shipping is the cost.  Most of the time an international buyer can find the item cheaper where they are instead of paying a much higher cost to have it shipped from the states.

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

The last time I looked at some of their listings [yesterday] they clearly had not as they read shipping in the US only.

Not quite.  The seller doesn't "ship within the US only."  The seller only has shipping rates to the US specified, which is quite a different thing.  This is what I see as a Canadian eBay user:

ebayList.jpgeBayTop.jpgebayBottom.jpg

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

Interesting, thank you.  It doesn't present that way when I look at the listing.  

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

@gotta-have-it-collectables wrote:

eBay has NO Advertising here in the USA and NO eyes on this site

I am selling items, so there must be eyes on this site.

IMHO eBay is a household name. Every single person I talk to knows about eBay and what it is used for.

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Interesting, thank you.  It doesn't present that way when I look at the listing.  

Try changing your shipping location to another country when browsing listings.  I’m curious to see if you get the same results that I do.

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Try changing your shipping location to another country when browsing listings.  I’m curious to see if you get the same results that I do.

Actually I should be able to change it in the listing if the seller ships to Canada, I can't in the OP's listings but I can in mine and in other seller's listings that ship to at least one other country.

You can click into any of my listings, go to the Shipping page, for me when I view this it defaults to the US, which is of course correct.  In my listings I can change the US to any country on my list.  I can't do that in the OP's listings.

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

You can click into any of my listings, go to the Shipping page, for me when I view this it defaults to the US, which is of course correct.  In my listings I can change the US to any country on my list.  I can't do that in the OP's listings.

Once I change my shipping location, that location remains in place for all listings that I look at, including the OP’s.  Does it not work that way for you?

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

I think we are talking about two different places.  What I have been describing is in the pic below.

1c.jpg

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

Not quite.  The seller doesn't "ship within the US only."  The seller only has shipping rates to the US specified, which is quite a different thing.  This is what I see as a Canadian eBay user:

The issue is the OP thinks they are using the EIS program when in fact they are not. I am in the US but can do some creative location changes and see the same messages you see. This is the default eBay and/or the EIS contractor put into sellers listings that were transitioned to EIS. 

However, the EIS program honors sellers shipping exclusion preferences, which I suspect the OP has NOT changed to allow shipping internationally to those countries they wish to ship to. Therefore eBay does not show international shipping on ANY of the OP's listings. Nor has the OP specified their own shipping method or rate for any item they wish to ship internationally and NOT use EIS. 

This is the OP's to fix in their personal settings if they wish to sell/ship internationally. 

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

Yes you will but it is not an option for the OP's listings since they do not sell/ship to any foreign country. However, you can change it on one of your own listings and then look at the OP's. Just don't forget to change it back. 

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

Actually I should be able to change it in the listing if the seller ships to Canada, I can't in the OP's listings but I can in mine and in other seller's listings that ship to at least one other country.

Once you change it in one of yours go back to one of the OP's listings and you will see the same messages about the seller not specifying shipping to xxx country. 

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

dbfolks166mt_0-1685469248667.jpeg

That's the correct spot, change it in one of your listings then go back into the OP's listings and you will see the messages. 

Message 30 of 46
latest reply