cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you Sell on Ebay You Better Read This Post...This is why your sales are down last 3 weeks !

I wanted to share something I have discovered that ebay is now foing to the search results..and I think it is wrong that they are doing... first they have placed a link under all of our listings in the search results that links to other sellers products..and some sellers like my self that have new items listed are being told the items have been refurbished ! why would ebay do this ???? All I all know is my sales have been down 98 % the last 3 weeks and now I know why ! Thanks Ebay !!!

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Re: If you Sell on Ebay You Better Read This Post...This is why your sales are down last 3 weeks !

Regarding the OP's post and Pampers examples.  I'm not sure I would want to purchased "refurbished" pampers!!!!!  

Message 46 of 71
latest reply

Re: If you Sell on Ebay You Better Read This Post...This is why your sales are down last 3 weeks !

I'm guessing 'refurbished' is eBay's word these days for 'used' but I highly doubt anyone on here is selling 'used' disposable diapers, so not sure where they're pulling that from.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 47 of 71
latest reply

My youngest grandson turned one today. I have all the refurbished pampers around here I need and plenty to share Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 71
latest reply

I don't sell the same things as everyone else, loads of hard-to-find collectibles, and my sales have been abysmal.

Message 49 of 71
latest reply

Your right...ebay is on a downward spiral and appears to be a has been
Message 50 of 71
latest reply

They've been saying that on the boards at least as long as I've been here (1999). The stock price keeps going up. So I'm not sure why you are coming to that conclusion.

They are getting better and faster at messing up the things that actually work on the site but people adapt.

Message 51 of 71
latest reply

eBay so wants to be Amazon. Instead of embracing what makes them different and finding ways to bring in people, they try to be just like Amazon. What really ticks me off is if a seller has a store and is paying money each month, eBay should not be allowed to advertise other buyers items on that store or a link to other items in the listing in search.

Message 52 of 71
latest reply

This is crazy! we pay store fees and promoted listing and other social media fees and eaby is basically undermining our efforts with CHEAPER options!!! its not right.... to allow people to piggy back on a legitimate listing! Its like having someone put a stall outside your brick & motor store and selling the same stock you have for half price.... ???? wouldnt you remove that person? to encourage this is sooooooooooooooooooo bad!
Message 53 of 71
latest reply

looks like the same problem Amazon has wrong UPC etc....
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Message 54 of 71
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
I'm guessing 'refurbished' is eBay's word these days for 'used' but I highly doubt anyone on here is selling 'used' disposable diapers, so not sure where they're pulling that from.

Well, I guess everybody can relax now.  It isn't just pampers.  I just did a search and ebay also has 'New and Refurbished' listings for tampons, too.  (I was afraid to search too much more)

Nothing new here, nothing to see, move on, move on, folks.  Nothing to see.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 55 of 71
latest reply

There are a LOT of tragedies going on around us that are digging in the pockets of our consumers. Unfortunately with all of the disasters and recovery, we are feeling it. Try and stay positive. This too shall pass.

Message 56 of 71
latest reply

I didn't see anyone else's listings on the few I popped into at random, either. 

BUT I will say, on my personal buyer's account, what the OP describes is rampant and annoying to the max.  If I click into a seller's particular listing because I am interested in that listing's info, I do NOT want to see eBay shoving multiple other sellers' similar listings in my face to tempt me away from that one!!!

There's helpful - and then there's harmful.  eBay seems to have the two confused when it comes to its sellers.

~M

Message 57 of 71
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had I known refurbished" pampers! Was going to be such a great sell, I would have saved all mine. Do Vintage Refurbished" Pampers Sell too? LOL

Message 58 of 71
latest reply

No sales for 3 days now..ebay punishment for telling the truth oh we'll ! I have faith something better is coming !

Message 59 of 71
latest reply

paulanjay wrote:

Had I known refurbished" pampers! Was going to be such a great sell, I would have saved all mine. Do Vintage Refurbished" Pampers Sell too? LOL

Just like mom threw out all my old Tarzan and Superman comics from the late 1940's and all my 45 RPM records from the 1950's...  Smiley Surprised 

Here I find I should have saved all the children's used Pampers... and just like mom did, I too threw out that stuff instead of saving it.  Smiley Wink

Message 60 of 71
latest reply