cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've never seen this before...

justforposting_1960
Thrill-Seeker

In the 6 years I have been on ebay, I've never seen my sales charts look like this:

No Sales.jpgAnd never thought I would. Smiley Sad

Lisa (JustForPosting_1960) ~ This is my posting ID
******************************************************************************************
Before you assume, learn the facts. Before you judge, understand why.
Before you hurt someone, feel. Before you speak, think.
--Unknown
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: I've never seen this before...

@zamo-zuan 

This a great post. Well written and spot on. Kudos!

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Somewhat. You have to actually end the old listing and "Sell Similar". If you relist, it keeps the old statistics. 

Now when I end a GTC listing it is nowhere to be found to do as a "sell similar", or as a "relist".  Says 337 listings. Click on it, and a page opens with zero listings.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Truthfully the only way you could get help is to show what it is your attempting to sell. The only advice anyone can give is to go through your items one by one and check completed "SOLD' listings. Your items need to be almost identical to those items the have actually SOLD. If you cannot first determine if there is even a demand on your items, then lower the price, and/or make adjustments to pictures and descriptions then they will never sell.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Truthfully the only way you could get help is to show what it is your attempting to sell. The only advice anyone can give is to go through your items one by one and check completed "SOLD' listings. Your items need to be almost identical to those items the have actually SOLD. If you cannot first determine if there is even a demand on your items, then lower the price, and/or make adjustments to pictures and descriptions then they will never sell.

Sorry, I wasn't really looking for help, just bellyaching. Smiley Happy

******************************************************************************************
--Unknown
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

You know that because those charts cover a single month, that they change daily right?

I had a very  good March and 30 days later my April looked terrible for a couple of days until my sales caught up.

It's unusual for me to have more than 10 sales a week and they tend to cluster on Tuesday/Wednesday.

May has been "above average" most days compared to last year and also compared to this past April.  I only consider the "last year" comparison useful, because even my stamps are seasonal.

I also sell (Canadian) postage on my own site, mostly to eBay sellers, and those sales have been strong, with buyers approaching me, rather than having to solicit. To my mind that means they are making sales if they are buying discount postage for shipping.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

You know that because those charts cover a single month, that they change daily right?

I had a very  March and 30 days later my April looked terrible for a couple of days until my sales caught up.

It's unusual for me to have more than 10 sales a week and they tend to cluster on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I, personally, have never seen my sales charts display $0 sales in 31 days. The fact remains that for the period of mid-February through mid-April, I was making sales approximately every 2-4 days. It has now been 38 days since my last sale. There has been very little change to any of my pre-existing listings since then other than to end & relist some of them. I've only had a few new listings recently. Smiley Frustrated

--Unknown
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Somewhat. You have to actually end the old listing and "Sell Similar". If you relist, it keeps the old statistics. 

Now when I end a GTC listing it is nowhere to be found to do as a "sell similar", or as a "relist".  Says 337 listings. Click on it, and a page opens with zero listings.

Mine all seem to be going into unsolds. The only time I see zero is if I end a GTC that is OOS, but I can find that in solds.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

General response - I tend to ignore any and all of ebay's charts/graphs etc and rely on my own records as I've found ebay's to be faulty at best.
Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Mine all seem to be going into unsolds. The only time I see zero is if I end a GTC that is OOS, but I can find that in solds.

Yep. Ended listings should move to "Unsold".

The important thing is that if you do a simple relist, it keeps all old statistics.

When you go to your unsold item and "Sell Similar", it's actually a completely new listing.

It's typically good to relist if you don't have active sales on the item during a month.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

My chart is also the worst it's ever been.   

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@zamo-zuan wrote:

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Yep. Ended listings should move to "Unsold".

The important thing is that if you do a simple relist, it keeps all old statistics.

When you go to your unsold item and "Sell Similar", it's actually a completely new listing.

It's typically good to relist if you don't have active sales on the item during a month.

when you do this you need to come back to unsold and delete the listings that were just listed sell similar so you don't accidentally double list right?

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Yes, any time you use sell similar on an unsold listing you should delete it (if it's the same listing that is).
Message 27 of 27
latest reply