cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sold 3 items of the same product. I can only find two.

I may have misplaced it, or the company only sent me two. How do I refund the customer for one bag? (he purchased 3 of the same product).

Thank you!

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any"
__ Alice Walker
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I sold 3 items of the same product. I can only find two.

@newriverbackyardwrote:

I can also order two more and not charge him for the extra one or that shipping. ??? What are your thoughs on this? TYI

Not to speak for Jason, who in very capable, but I think this is a great idea!  But I would ask the customer first, of course, as they may not want to or be able to wait for another one to come in.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

First contact the buyer and let them know whats going on.  Then as long as they are good with only getting two you have to do a partial refund.  You have to go into pay pal to do partial refunds.  Then you should be good to go.  Best regards

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Also, be willing to refund for all 3 if that's what they want. Some people need 3 and buy 3. 2 means they would need to go looking to get another and pay more shipping.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I can also order two more and not charge him for the extra one or that shipping. ??? What are your thoughs on this? TYI

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any"
__ Alice Walker
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@newriverbackyardwrote:

Not to speak for Jason, who in very capable, but I think this is a great idea!  But I would ask the customer first, of course, as they may not want to or be able to wait for another one to come in.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

upc tags make it ezer to find it.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Along with what everyone else said, you just have to tip-toe while working this one out. Some buyers will get very upset over something this innocent.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

One of these lasts for at least a week, so I'm thinking it will be in the correct time frame for my customer.
Thank you for your input. It's never happened before and I appreciate your help.
__ Alice Walker
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@newriverbackyardwrote:
One of these lasts for at least a week, so I'm thinking it will be in the correct time frame for my customer.
Thank you for your input. It's never happened before and I appreciate your help.

My pleasure and I am thrilled that you found this helpful!  But the credit is yours~great customer service~that was a great idea you had there~!

You may get magnificent feedback from a very grateful buyer for your efforts!

Wishing you all the best always!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply