cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for list of items I sold in 2017. I have the paypal info already.

I'm looking for a listing of what items I sold in 2017. I need to see what exactly what I sold item by item. I live in Massachusetts and I now have a W-2 from Paypal. I have to see what my profit was. As of today I can only find the last 60 days.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You can get some of the detail by downloading your eBay seller invoices which I believe go back 18 months.

Other than that you can check each individual payment page at PayPal which also includes the details of what the buyer purchased and how much they paid.

FYI - It's a 1099 you received from PayPal not a W-2, a 1099 will show a total of all the funds that passed through your PayPal account. It's really a kind of useless piece of info on it's own, doesn't include any refunds, may include incoming funds not related to eBay or sales of anything.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

In Paypal you can download every transaction into Excel:

Go to Activity

Click on Statements

Click on Activity Export

All Transaction, Change the dates to whatever you need  1/1/2016- 12/31/2016 and select the format CSV for excel..... you can also do Quickbooks

When you hit the Create Report button, Paypal will start working on it.

They will email you when the report is finished.... all details about your paypal transactions including sales, purchases, debit card usage (if you have one) will be in there so you have to sort the data

Hope it helps.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

1099 that's right. 1 item that I sold was broken during shipment. USPS priority mail covered the cost since it was insured. I'd assume that 1 sale was still considered income? I refunded buyer & USPS sent me a check.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thank you
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@pretzelmamawrote:
1099 that's right. 1 item that I sold was broken during shipment. USPS priority mail covered the cost since it was insured. I'd assume that 1 sale was still considered income? I refunded buyer & USPS sent me a check.

The 1099 from PayPal includes all incoming monies.  It is up to you to separate out what was not sales and what is deductible expense.

Where did you get the records to file your taxes in the past?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I know you can see what all items you've purchased for the past 2 years or so.  I wonder why they don't provide sellers with a list of what all they've sold over the same time frame.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

You can look at EBAY "Account activity" and "All account activity" but you have to customize the date range and it only goes back 4 months. So you cant really using EBAY. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hi, just read your comment. Been a member here since Jan 2001. In 2006 I opted for the ebay free subscription Sales Report Plus. It gives you by month up to 24 months (2016 & 2017). I know it still works as I just printed out each month for 2016 & 2017 (I think the reports drop off by month since could only get February 2016 and beyond. But these monthly reports give you 3 months across each page so, for example, when I printed out month of Feb 2016 it had columns also for Dec 2015, Jan 2016, & Feb 2016. I hope am explaining this correctly. These Reports show your sales & ebay & paypal fees. Not sure program still offered by ebay, but mine still works. Go to your Account and there should be a listing called subscriptions. Good Luck!

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

And you can access PayPal for a running list. Haven't tried that yet to know how far back you can go.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@percgrabbe-0wrote:

You can look at EBAY "Account activity" and "All account activity" but you have to customize the date range and it only goes back 4 months. So you cant really using EBAY. 

Hopefully that will change when eBay starts doing the payments to sellers (through Adyen)

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 11 of 11
latest reply