cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm tired eBay, really tired.

Yes I know, they don't read the boards.

Not a day goes by lately that I don't think about hanging it up.

I'm tired, I'm weary.

I'm tired of spam emails from eBay

I'm tired of my items being lost in a sea of reproductions from the far east 

I'm tired of my items taking up to 24 hours to index while the repro's index almost instantly, thus nullifying the "time-newly listed" views since by the time my item does index it is already buried.

I'm tired of jumping through hoops to view sold items. When I click on something that is what I want to see. I don't want to be redirected to a "similar item"

I'm tired of eBay only showing me some of the results when I want to buy, while hiding others. 

I'm tired of best match being the unchangeable default on the phone app.

I'm tired of all the glitches lately.

I'm tired of the pathetic eBay bucks rewards.

I'm tired of the pathetic TRS+ discounts.

I'm tired of eBay making money from my shipping efforts- both with their fees and the discounts that they receive from the USPS and don't pass along.

I'm tired of eBay trying to send me to re-education camp to try to teach me to sell cell phones.

I'm tired of artificial intelligence.

I'm tired of working harder for less.

I'm tired of my garage looking like an episode of hoarders.

Ok, I'm done now. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: I'm tired eBay, really tired.

That tiredness is called Stress. 

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@grayirongolf wrote:

That tiredness is called Stress. 

And Depression.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Shares in Lithium oops Librium have just increased.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

At this point in time, I suspect that more than a few sellers find that selling on eBay has become more of a hobby than a rewarding business.

You can choose to reduce some of the effort and time that you put into a hobby, without much loss.

You can always come back again strong, at a future time.

The only problem I have with that statement is that hobbies are supposed to be for enjoyment. No enjoyment with eBay these days. Even trying to buy is a real drag of workarounds and Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later that are exclusive to eBay. 

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@ed8108 wrote:

At this point in time, I suspect that more than a few sellers find that selling on eBay has become more of a hobby than a rewarding business.

You can choose to reduce some of the effort and time that you put into a hobby, without much loss.

You can always come back again strong, at a future time.

The only problem I have with that statement is that hobbies are supposed to be for enjoyment. No enjoyment with eBay these days. Even trying to buy is a real drag of workarounds and Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later that are exclusive to eBay. 

Georg, I have always enjoyed buying, but I can't now because we're not selling. I only purchased from a select few sellers, so no fruitless searches. I used to get up in the morning, get a coffee and then go on to our site on eBay to see what needed shipping. Nowawadays, I sign into here to find out what the latest bug. Sometimes I don't even bother checking in at the store. 

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

@marilyn6122 wrote:
For everyone....Don't forget to express your concerns in the "Tell us What You Think" feature on the selling page. They do read those.

Better yet, "Tell them what you think" on any search results page where it tells you that there are "X" items available and only one is viewable.  Total insanity.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I WAS RIGHT TO ASSUME YOU HAD TO BE AN EBAY VETERAN...YOU EXPRESSED THE SENTIMENTS OF MANY OF US WHO HAVE WITNESSED THE BIRTH OF EBAY AND DEATH OF THE GREEDY GIANT....THANK YOU

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

"Many sellers have the opinion that they're working for eBay now."   

That's what I tell people all the time... "I work for eBay"  ugh

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@chipper01work

chipper01work,

I will add this to your list: