cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm tired eBay, really tired.

Yes I know, they don't read the boards.

Not a day goes by lately that I don't think about hanging it up.

I'm tired, I'm weary.

I'm tired of spam emails from eBay

I'm tired of my items being lost in a sea of reproductions from the far east 

I'm tired of my items taking up to 24 hours to index while the repro's index almost instantly, thus nullifying the "time-newly listed" views since by the time my item does index it is already buried.

I'm tired of jumping through hoops to view sold items. When I click on something that is what I want to see. I don't want to be redirected to a "similar item"

I'm tired of eBay only showing me some of the results when I want to buy, while hiding others. 

I'm tired of best match being the unchangeable default on the phone app.

I'm tired of all the glitches lately.

I'm tired of the pathetic eBay bucks rewards.

I'm tired of the pathetic TRS+ discounts.

I'm tired of eBay making money from my shipping efforts- both with their fees and the discounts that they receive from the USPS and don't pass along.

I'm tired of eBay trying to send me to re-education camp to try to teach me to sell cell phones.

I'm tired of artificial intelligence.

I'm tired of working harder for less.

I'm tired of my garage looking like an episode of hoarders.

Ok, I'm done now. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

We hear that.  Best regards

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

We are all tired.   Anyone for a #MeTooTired movement?

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

For everyone....Don't forget to express your concerns in the "Tell us What You Think" feature on the selling page. They do read those.
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

When I came to ebay in 2000 it was because ebay was profitable and sort of fun.

After awhile it became very profitable and very enjoyable. I'd think, I'm making money while sitting on my butt listening to Springsteen blasting out of my stereo.

Now? Every year it's less profitable and been a long time since I thought this was fun.
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

At this point in time, I suspect that more than a few sellers find that selling on eBay has become more of a hobby than a rewarding business.

You can choose to reduce some of the effort and time that you put into a hobby, without much loss.

You can always come back again strong, at a future time.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:

Mhm...

@dirk12955 wrote:

After awhile it became very profitable and very enjoyable. I'd think, I'm making money while sitting on my butt listening to Springsteen blasting out of my stereo.

That's where the problem starts.

We call it "resting on our laurels."

Comfortable, isn't it?

@dirk12955 wrote:
Now? Every year it's less profitable and been a long time since I thought this was fun.

Ebay is a job, make no mistake, getting used to that comfortable lounge chair was where the mistake was made. I know, I'm guilty too, hurts so bad getting back up with work calling... Maybe if I can come to these boards and 'vent' somehow the problem will go away.

Just picking on you, now I better go get busy.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

eBay was cool and fun 15-20 years ago, but it's been a downhill slide since to where it is now. Even faster downfall since this latest management team... Sellers hate what's going on with all the nonsense changes they continually make. Buyers are going away because they're not shown what they're searching for, they're shown what eBay thinks they should buy, and they're shown hundreds or thousands of unrelated results. Many sellers have the opinion that they're working for eBay now. It's supposed to be the other way around, eBay is supposed to be working for the sellers to get our items sold. eBay seems to be only interested in devising more ways they can get more money from sellers. Without the sellers and their product eBay has nothing. I think some buyers don't realize that they're not buying from "eBay", they're buying from a seller, which eBay's policies don't support. The downfall will be hard... 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

What do all those things have in common? 

Ebay is grooming all the new buyers for new junk, daily deals, and the collectible market that made ebay thrive all those years ago they are trying to make an afterthought. I think they would like to train us all to sell NIB and help them in their futile quest to keep up with Amazon. They have this strong seller base, now only if they could convince us on what to sell ! Now the collectors of vintage have so little competition they get to pick off us like flies on a carcass. If sales were brisk we wouldn't care about the rest of that list. 

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@sidemouse wrote:

@dirk12955 wrote:

Mhm...

@dirk12955 wrote:

Comfortable, isn't it?

@dirk12955 wrote:

Ebay is a job, make no mistake, getting used to that comfortable lounge chair was where the mistake was made. I know, I'm guilty too, hurts so bad getting back up with work calling... Maybe if I can come to these boards and 'vent' somehow the problem will go away.

Don't get me wrong.   I only work at this as hard as I want to.  May ebay sales are up for 2018 65% over 2017    It's just recently that it's slowed down.

I've made about 200 new listings in the last several weeks and it's been a waste of time.    Nobody is looking and the people looking are not buying.   

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:

Don't get me wrong.   I only work at this as hard as I want to.  May ebay sales are up for 2018 65% over 2017    It's just recently that it's slowed down.

I've made about 200 new listings in the last several weeks and it's been a waste of time.    Nobody is looking and the people looking are not buying. 

I would think with Trump in office, your business would be thriving.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

And as always, comments come from someone who shows "0" active listings. I know you may have other accounts, but there is no way for me to see if you are actually making any significant money selling on Ebay.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@whatmodernwas wrote:

@dirk12955 wrote:

I would think with Trump in office, your business would be thriving.

Most of my customers sre stamp collectors rather than military or political.   Stamp

collecting is strong.    I average 2 sales a day to The United Kingdom and Australia 

during certain times of the year.   

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:

@sidemouse wrote:

@dirk12955 wrote:

Mhm...

@dirk12955 wrote:

Comfortable, isn't it?

@dirk12955 wrote:

"May" ebay sales should read,     "My ebay sales"      Ugh!

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

I've got a few to add to your great list:

I'm tired of ebay disregarding seller's years of excellent products and services to reward scam buyers.

I'm tired of ebay creating and enabling whiney entitled buyers.

I'm tired of ebay always taking the buyer's side, even when written evidence proves otherwise.

I'm tired of ebay's ignorant CS reps reading "the buyer has a right to their opinion" and allowing them to lie in false negative feedback.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply