cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep a map of my sales. Does anyone else? I have never had a buyer from N Dakota or Wyoming.

I have a Google map labeled eBay sales. I put a pin in every city/state where I have shipped a package.  There have been a few international sales to Greece, Taiwan, Wales, Poland, China, UAE, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Canada, Nova Scotia.  I find it interesting that in the 20 plus years I have been selling, the only 2 states that I have not sold an item are North Dakota & Wyoming.  Just curious if anyone else has a similar project! It's interesting to open up the map & see the hundreds of places my items have been 're-homed'!

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: I keep a map of my sales. Does anyone else? I have never had a buyer from N Dakota or Wyoming.

Haven't made a map yet, but here's the breakdown of last year's orders by state (for the US only, we also sold all over the world). There's a couple abbreviations in there I wasn't familiar with, more than just the 50 states!

United StatesAE1
 AK12
 AL69
 AR40
 AZ76
 CA458
 CO80
 CT47
 DC7
 DE26
 FL321
 GA106
 HI18
 IA41
 ID29
 IL118
 IN83
 KS40
 KY61
 LA42
 MA60
 MD82
 ME21
 MI125
 MN66
 MO88
 MP1
 MS33
 MT21
 NC103
 ND17
 NE28
 NH21
 NJ80
 NM37
 NV32
 NY212
 OH139
 OK54
 OR69
 PA166
 PR9
 RI8
 SC72
 SD8
 TN90
 TX295
 UT44
 VA131
 VT10
 WA110
 WI82
 WV29
 WY8
Message 91 of 98
latest reply

Re: I keep a map of my sales. Does anyone else? I have never had a buyer from N Dakota or Wyoming.

Yes!!! I've had it since 2010, when I established our first website. It was an international sale to England that got me excited. It's a map of the world, I put a big, red X, and I still do get excited and share it on facebook when I get a sale to a new country. Of course, Canada and England have always been our more popular countries, but I've also had sales to Israel, Ghana, Spain, Russia, Croatia, Ireland, Portugal, Austria, Australia, Japan, China, Honduras, Belgium, Italy, New South Wales and all of the U.S. states. It isn't just ebay sales tho. It's a combo of our website and the ebay store, which I opened in 2016.

My closest sale was to my attached neighbor. LOL. I started locally tho, in 2008 at flea markets and fairs. 

Your name fits you! 

Message 92 of 98
latest reply

@legalbeagle52 wrote:

I love the painting next to your other kitty.  I had to laugh as I have a similar oil painting of Bailey.  Got it on ebay, of course.  It is the exact image of Baily & your painting is the exact likeness of yours.  I love having those.

I'd love to get another one, but there are some variables here. I really want to move this year & if I do maybe I can get another one. We'll see.  But they really do bring such joy to your home ... it just isn't the same without them.

@legalbeagle52

Baby Ruth's portrait was actually a gift from Chewy.com! They are great with customers! I have another one they just gifted me for Christmas of Thunder.  

My sister had a siamese mix named Bailey. He was a big boned boi! Her current tuxedo boi is just like yours was! He loves to hang from the curtains & has only one speed - full throttle!

Tough decision you have via getting another pet. It's not the same without one, but the responsibility that comes with them financially, emotionally, and logistically if you have to travel is so stressful!

Message 93 of 98
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

Haven't made a map yet, but here's the breakdown of last year's orders by state (for the US only, we also sold all over the world). There's a couple abbreviations in there I wasn't familiar with, more than just the 50 states!

United StatesAE1
 AK12
 AL69
 AR40
 AZ76
 CA458
 CO80
 CT47
 DC7
 DE26
 FL321
 GA106
 HI18
 IA41
 ID29
 IL118
 IN83
 KS40
 KY61
 LA42
 MA60
 MD82
 ME21
 MI125
 MN66
 MO88
 MP1
 MS33
 MT21
 NC103
 ND17
 NE28
 NH21
 NJ80
 NM37
 NV32
 NY212
 OH139
 OK54
 OR69
 PA166
 PR9
 RI8
 SC72
 SD8
 TN90
 TX295
 UT44
 VA131
 VT10
 WA110
 WI82
 WV29
 WY8

@brightlightbookseller 

Wow! You achieved the "All 50 States" in just one year! The volumes of books you must have in inventory! I am envious! Most of my book listings come from our local libraries. They are always having book clearances and I admit, as a bibliophile, I have a problem! I can't keep building bookcases to support my habit. I need to downsize! (But I will not stop buying books & bringing home stray volumes!)

Message 94 of 98
latest reply

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

Yes!!! I've had it since 2010, when I established our first website. It was an international sale to England that got me excited. It's a map of the world, I put a big, red X, and I still do get excited and share it on facebook when I get a sale to a new country. Of course, Canada and England have always been our more popular countries, but I've also had sales to Israel, Ghana, Spain, Russia, Croatia, Ireland, Portugal, Austria, Australia, Japan, China, Honduras, Belgium, Italy, New South Wales and all of the U.S. states. It isn't just ebay sales tho. It's a combo of our website and the ebay store, which I opened in 2016.

My closest sale was to my attached neighbor. LOL. I started locally tho, in 2008 at flea markets and fairs. 

Your name fits you! 

@gloryglorygifts

Awesome! It is just a fun side project to do! Big world full of so many people, that little connection we get to have with each other is wonderful! 

My eBay name: I've been a die-hard fan of Trek since I would watch the original series in reruns with my dad at age 4, long before the movies ever came into being! Live Long & Prosper

Message 95 of 98
latest reply

It is fun to see the sales and it literally takes 2 seconds to mark the map.  

I'm old enough to remember watching the original series. Live Long and Prosper indeed! Happy sales to you. 

Message 96 of 98
latest reply

@*trekkie wrote:

"Baby Ruth's portrait was actually a gift from Chewy.com! They are great with customers! I have another one they just gifted me for Christmas of Thunder.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I was curious as to how Chewy was able to send the paintings, so I looked it up. There are several articles about it.  They take it from photos on the customer's acct.  What a wonderful gesture!  And they really are paintings!  They send them out randomly.  What a gift that is.

Your painting looks just as good as the ones I order from ebay.   There are so many wonderful artists here.  I'm obsessed with paintings, once I start looking it's going down the rabbit hole for me.  I wish I had ordered some of the other pets, although I do have some great photos.

Everyone in my bldg. orders from Chewy. Our package rooms looks like a Chewy warehouse.  

Message 97 of 98
latest reply

WOW MAN! Wow

Message 98 of 98
latest reply