cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep a map of my sales. Does anyone else? I have never had a buyer from N Dakota or Wyoming.

I have a Google map labeled eBay sales. I put a pin in every city/state where I have shipped a package.  There have been a few international sales to Greece, Taiwan, Wales, Poland, China, UAE, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Canada, Nova Scotia.  I find it interesting that in the 20 plus years I have been selling, the only 2 states that I have not sold an item are North Dakota & Wyoming.  Just curious if anyone else has a similar project! It's interesting to open up the map & see the hundreds of places my items have been 're-homed'!

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

I keep a map of my sales. Does anyone else? I have never had a buyer from N Dakota or Wyoming.

Yes I have had few Wyoming orders.  Outside of the country it is usually Australia or the UK and Canada.  I like looking at the cities also.  It really puts into perspective just how large and wonderful of a country we have.

Message 2 of 98
latest reply

I've had a number of customers from the Dakotas and several from Casper, Wyoming. Nice state, Wyoming, I rode my bike across most of it one summer.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 98
latest reply

With respect, I'd say you have too much time on your hands.  LOL  There is no way I'd have time to do something like that, however I do think it is very interesting.

FYI some of the places you consider International shipping are not.  For example Puerto Rico is a US territory and has been for well over 100 years.  Part of the Virgin Islands is also Us territory.  The U.S. Virgin Islands consist of the main islands of Saint CroixSaint John, and Saint Thomas and 50 other surrounding minor islands and cays.

I've been selling a very long time and I can't say I've done a lot of business in ND or Wyoming either.  My tops states are likely Florida and Texas.  I do ship to lots of states, but those two are likely my most popular.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 98
latest reply

Fun stuff. I don’t keep track that way but I do note things like my furthest sale (I’m in California) was Peru and my closest was about ten minutes from my house followed within a few days of another one ten minutes from my house in the opposite direction. I rarely get sales from my state so it was noteworthy, to me anyway. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 5 of 98
latest reply

Thanks, but I already knew about US Territories. Still, it is interesting to ship out into the world beyond the continental US. Maybe I should edit my post to avoid confusion! 

If you know what to do & have it set up, pinning to a map just takes a couple of seconds and it's fun to do! 

Texas & Florida are #2 & #3 for population, so that makes sense. My top states are California #1 & New York #4. 

Message 6 of 98
latest reply

Wow! That is noteworthy! Closest I have sold to my house is 71 miles.  I have sold a few items in the same state, but none as close as you!

Message 7 of 98
latest reply

That's quite a bike excursion! 

Waiting for sales to ND & WY so I can complete my "All 50 States" bingo card! Wonder if I can get eBay to give us a badge if we do? LOL!

Message 8 of 98
latest reply

I started my map many years ago when someone asked me out of curiosity about eBay and how it works. They wanted to know where I was shipping to. Many have asked me over the years, so this side project has come in quite handy! It is fun & a conversation topic too! 

Message 9 of 98
latest reply

I did this years ago when my international sales were robust. Sold very little to Africa except for South Africa. Not much to South America and what little I sent had a tendency to not be delivered. Some, not a lot, to Russia. Tons to CAnada and all over Europe. Not all that much to the far East. 

I've had a good many sales to people here in my small town and within about 15 miles even more. I live in  Northern Virginia and get sales within NOVA lots of the time.

Message 10 of 98
latest reply

eBay saleseBay salesHere is a screenshot for anyone who is interested. 

Message 11 of 98
latest reply

I used to do the same then I ran out of pins and places to put them. There are so many holes in my map it is falling apart. I have product on every continent in this world. And (in a sort of round about way) I even have product in one of our alternate universes.

Message 12 of 98
latest reply

That is incredible! Also, I might add, quite the accomplishment cornering the alternate universe market! Live long and prosper 🖖!

Message 13 of 98
latest reply

Interesting project, one that I had never considered. It may have been something I could have done when I first started selling but I have sold around 1,400 items on eBay alone and that would be a LOT of pins. If you add in the sales on the other venues/forums that I sell on the map would become pretty densely pinned. Even using an electronic version some areas would become solid blobs. 

Message 14 of 98
latest reply

I used to get quite a few sales in Wyoming and North Dakota when I lived in Wyoming.  The people of Wyoming are very proud of their state.  Most of the people I knew when I lived there would pay extra to buy from a Wyoming seller vs any other state.  It's a state pride thing.  When your state has less than a half million population, people try to support what they consider to be their neighbor.  

Message 15 of 98
latest reply