cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate ebay they only care about the buyer.

I sold an item over christmas to someone who does not believe in holidays. He said I did not ship my item in time, and that I was unapolegetic and rude.

I shipped the item in two business days which is how I list every item I sell. Apparently the buyer does not believe in holidays and was furious that I did not ship on a holiday. He was very hostile in messages sent to me in which I apologized and offered a full refund. This was not to his liking. He left me negative feedback saying that I did not ship the package in time, and that I was unapologetic and rude. I called ebay and they informed me that I was correct I shipped the item in the correct amount of time, but because it ws his opinion that I was "unapologetic and rude" they could not censor him.

I asked ebay to point out exactly where I was rude, and the response was that I had in fact apologized to the buyer and offered a full refund, that there was nothing in any of the messages sent that showed me being unapologetic and rude.

ebay told me to try and resolve this with the buyer, and ask them to do a feedback revision. This is not something they buyer would be willing to do. The buyer already blatantly lied in feedback, and what makes it even worse is that I can not leave any negative feedback for the buyer. I can chose to leave positive feedback or no feedback at all.

am I the only person that thinks that this is unjust, and wrong?

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: I hate ebay they only care about the buyer.

I SHIPPED IN TWO BUSINESS DAYS, that is not the issue the issue is that the buyer lied, and added an opinion. If he would have left the lies by themselves, and not added "unapologetic, and rude" the feedback would have been removed, but apparently ebay will not censor a buyer.

Okay, you need to get over this part.  eBay has always allowed people to name-call, as long as the language is not racist or vituperative.  Here's the actual policy:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

This type of Feedback comment isn't removed:

• Feedback comments containing accusatory language such as "fraud," "liar," "cheater," "scam artist," or "con man." Although this type of comment is strongly discouraged, it isn't removed unless it also contains content that isn't allowed.

I cannot even leave negative feedback for the buyer saying that he lied, what is wrong with ebay?

Sellers haven't been able to leave negs since 2008.  And all that would do is make you look worse than your buyer.  Your only chance of getting the neg removed is if you shipped in the time-frame in your listing - which it appears you did - and uploaded tracking info.

IMO, you need to calm down, call eBay back on a weekday during normal business hours so you have a better chance of getting an English-speaking rep here in the States.  Don't muddy the waters with arguments about "lies" and "opinions."  Have the rep pull up your account and read the tracking info.  That's what can get your neg removed.

Message 16 of 65
latest reply

@dmontez2012 wrote:

Do people seriously not read throughly?

I SHIPPED IN TWO BUSINESS DAYS

Well, I'm confused then.  In your first post, you wrote that the buyer "was furious that I did not ship on a holiday."  If you shipped on the second business day (the 24th), then the holiday (the 25th) shouldn't have been an issue.

Message 17 of 65
latest reply

@miss_my_jake wrote:

How much is getting rid of the fb worth to you? If you are patient and coureous, even when you want to scream, you can find a rep who interprets policy correctly.

Perhaps it would be easiest for the OP to start a new selling ID.

Message 18 of 65
latest reply

I would talk to an attorney and file a claim.  Maybe that would shake them up

Message 19 of 65
latest reply

At $300.00+ an hour to talk to an attorney I wouldn't waste the money.  It used to be that the only way ebay would remove feedback that wasn't removable  under ebay regulations was to go to court and get a court order to have it removed.  It wasn't cost effective then and is even less cost effective now.

Message 20 of 65
latest reply

@dmontez2012 wrote:

I sold an item over christmas to someone who does not believe in holidays. He said I did not ship my item in time, and that I was unapolegetic and rude.

I shipped the item in two business days which is how I list every item I sell. Apparently the buyer does not believe in holidays and was furious that I did not ship on a holiday. He was very hostile in messages sent to me in which I apologized and offered a full refund. This was not to his liking. He left me negative feedback saying that I did not ship the package in time, and that I was unapologetic and rude. I called ebay and they informed me that I was correct I shipped the item in the correct amount of time, but because it ws his opinion that I was "unapologetic and rude" they could not censor him.

I asked ebay to point out exactly where I was rude, and the response was that I had in fact apologized to the buyer and offered a full refund, that there was nothing in any of the messages sent that showed me being unapologetic and rude.

ebay told me to try and resolve this with the buyer, and ask them to do a feedback revision. This is not something they buyer would be willing to do. The buyer already blatantly lied in feedback, and what makes it even worse is that I can not leave any negative feedback for the buyer. I can chose to leave positive feedback or no feedback at all.

am I the only person that thinks that this is unjust, and wrong?

The more I think about it I think this Buyer is unreasonable! It is not a secret that there was transit issues over the holidays, How about the weather, How about the news, No secret the couiers did not expect this kind of volume this year. Did you ship him a heart for transplant. I have no idea what he purchased and really don't care. I bet if you offered him $20.00 for his inconveince that neg.would be revised in a NY minute, Neg neg neg. At any rate you have to stay on ebay cs.

Message 21 of 65
latest reply

@scribble_on wrote:

I SHIPPED IN TWO BUSINESS DAYS, that is not the issue the issue is that the buyer lied, and added an opinion. If he would have left the lies by themselves, and not added "unapologetic, and rude" the feedback would have been removed, but apparently ebay will not censor a buyer.

Okay, you need to get over this part.  eBay has always allowed people to name-call, as long as the language is not racist or vituperative.  Here's the actual policy:

• Feedback comments containing accusatory language such as "fraud," "liar," "cheater," "scam artist," or "con man." Although this type of comment is strongly discouraged, it isn't removed unless it also contains content that isn't allowed.

I cannot even leave negative feedback for the buyer saying that he lied, what is wrong with ebay?

Sellers haven't been able to leave negs since 2008.  And all that would do is make you look worse than your buyer.  Your only chance of getting the neg removed is if you shipped in the time-frame in your listing - which it appears you did - and uploaded tracking info.

IMO, you need to calm down, call eBay back on a weekday during normal business hours so you have a better chance of getting an English-speaking rep here in the States.  Don't muddy the waters with arguments about "lies" and "opinions."  Have the rep pull up your account and read the tracking info.  That's what can get your neg removed.

That right there says it can be removed. OP call with that policy in front of you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sure glad the forums have spell-check or I would look even dumber 🙂
Message 22 of 65
latest reply

OP has only 4 feedback in the last 12 months.  It appears the OP already had 1 neg removed back in September for whatever reason.  I know you are only allowed so many feedback revisions depending on the amount of feedback you have.  I've never asked for a removal so don't know what the number is that you are allowed.  Maybe with only 4 feedback the OP doesn't qualify for another removal?

Message 23 of 65
latest reply

I don't see any revisions on OP's profile.  Sellers are allowed 5 revision requests per 1,000 fb received.  Asking eBay to remove fb is not a revision request, however, and I don't think there is a limit.

You can submit 5 Feedback revision requests for every 1,000 Feedback you've received in the past 12 consecutive months. High-volume sellers (who earn more than 1,000 Feedback per year) can send more requests. We limit the number of requests so that sellers can focus on providing great service up front, not fixing problems after they happen.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/revision-request.html

Message 24 of 65
latest reply

@scribble_on wrote:

In my eyes it dont look bad to me when a seller leaves negitive comments about a buyer....it warns me that the buyer is problem and may be a crimnal trying to extort money/goods.I always use to give their user names to my seller friends to put on their BB list but now that I cant see them its no longer possible.Woman Sad

Message 25 of 65
latest reply

Try to call on the phone 866-779-3229--be patient and kind to the rep--it's probably not their fault personally--explain the situation, and ask them to please help you.  If they refuse any help or understanding, mention that you may be forced, regrettably, to speak to an attorney about a possible class-action suit, and let me know if you proceed with it, so I can jump in with you.

Message 26 of 65
latest reply

Hear, hear--especially certain types

Message 27 of 65
latest reply

@curtis9349 wrote:

If they refuse any help or understanding, mention that you may be forced, regrettably, to speak to an attorney about a possible class-action suit, and let me know if you proceed with it, so I can jump in with you.

The eBay user agreement contains an arbitration clause, which prohibits class-action lawsuits.

Message 28 of 65
latest reply

Curtis, When you agree to the UA you agree not to participate in any class action suits. Besides that what kind if compensation would a suit seek?

You can call me Tony
Message 29 of 65
latest reply

Ha ha! Sniped by Iron Man!

Message 30 of 65
latest reply