cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate ebay and I am quitting

No sales in 4 months. Lowering prices does nothing. Sending offers does nothing. No one responds or counters or even asks questions.  I listed a $110 handbag new with tags for $19 and still no one will buy.  Either my listings are invisible or there are simply no buyers anymore. I have decided to quit and throw everything in the trash. Anything that doesn't sell by the end of April is being thrown out.  Good lucks guys.

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: I hate ebay and I am quitting

into the post office and ship parcel post counter rate which has the old dimensional shipping charge

I think USPS ended this last month.

You might want to check.

Message 61 of 75
latest reply

thats sad...must be a problem with the way people cant find your listings,we all have dry spots,,with the kootie virus biz has dropped like a rick.but u say 4 months no salex??? odd...i would check all options....before u drop out...

Message 62 of 75
latest reply

@patd3283 wrote:

into the post office and ship parcel post counter rate which has the old dimensional shipping charge

I think USPS ended this last month.

You might want to check.

Oh gawd - I hope not. I sell some beeeg things and don't want to use UPS - our drivers are great but it must be like demolition derby at their sort centers.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 63 of 75
latest reply

@warren689 wrote:
I didn't decide the shipping, ebay did. It doesn't show that crazy fee when I look at my listing. I don't know why it's that high on your end. This is not a job or a business for me. Just clearing closet space and getting rid of mistake purchases for family members. I have no idea how to fix that shipping thing. It's calculated by ebay. It's a heavy coat and it can't be stuffed into a priority box. I wish ebay would just charge flat rate shipping like everyone else.

Message 64 of 75
latest reply

eBay only cares about buyers & screws over sellers time and time again.
I have been in “eBay jail” for the last year.
My offense was giving buyers refunds within a day of the sale,we were in the middle of moving across country & no being able to locate the item.
All buyers were understanding,they got their refunds .
I have had selling limits for the last year. They want me to improve my performance sell,sell,sell
I can’t figure out how to have more sales with limits.
They are all like politicians, can’t answer a question.
Buyers first .....sellers , well there is always another seller.
Message 65 of 75
latest reply

@warren689 wrote:

I gave it to my sister. 🙂

I saw that bag and wanted to buy it - but by the time I got back to your listing, it was no longer there. NOW I understand, why! And because your sister probably wore it, it is no longer new, so I would not buy it. But it was a beautiful bag. 

PW🐿

Message 66 of 75
latest reply

Funny thing I responded to this last week and my post was deleted ... Weird 

I have been selling off stock for the past few years sales were down to about $1000 a month til November hit and then EBay started to collect tax on your behalf with out your choice . 

My sales tanked to about $300 a month and progressively continued to decrease from there until the virus hit and I just pulled all my ads for now .

Ebay knew there sales were going to decrease as of November if you look at EBay they started to sell off stocks in the 3rd quarter anticipation of 4th quarter earnings being low .

I feel bad for you guys who rely on eBay for a living , eBay is not the company it was 5 yrs ago .

Message 67 of 75
latest reply

Wheel I think you are onto something. The shipping mistake may explain why the coat wouldn't move but it doesn't explain why smaller items didn't sell. I think the internet tax definitely made it drop off. People think about buying something then realize there's a $10 tax that wasn't there last year and bail. I also think that traffic has dropped off due to problems with items showing up in google. Then of course there is competition from other resell sites that have become more popular. Ebay needs to do something to make this place more competitive. Fees are too high and sales are too low.
Message 68 of 75
latest reply

I have other bags I haven't posted yet. Check back. 🙂
Message 69 of 75
latest reply

I sell full time, too, but since on of my areas is coats I could tell right away what that would fit in - as I said, coats are funny things - hard tailored coats are their own critters and it takes a lot of finagling to finally figure out what works. I ❤️ those large flat rate game/puzzle boxes, though. They DO fit an amazing amount of stuff.

For a while I was selling something called "Shade hats" - these were straw hats with HUGE brims, like the golfing umbrella of the hat world.  The only boxes they fit in were bicycle wheel boxes and they hit just at the 84" aggregate that in those days was the limit of priority shipping...and usually weighed about 1.5 lb after packing.  I'm glad I sold out of those!

But nothing compares to the chandelier someone I know had to pack - 90 little crystal pieces to wrap.  I would have been in the funny house halfway through.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 70 of 75
latest reply

I changed the listing on the fur coat to free shipping so I have to cross my fingers that it doesn't sell to someone in Alaska otherwise i will take a bath. This is an amazingly beautiful coat. I have tried to capture that in pics. Wish me luck.
Message 71 of 75
latest reply

Good luck! This is an awful market to try to sell that right now (I usually have regular good sales despite my small size and I'm selling almost nothing - it's hitting all of us right now), so don't think something is wrong with your items if they don't sell.  If no luck - just list again in late August/early September.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 72 of 75
latest reply

Well, eBay helped me with many sales. Good photos and key words are important. However, I quit eBay recently because it fully refund the buyer by charging my credit card the full amount because the sale was delivered 2 months late due to the coronavirus. eBay did not credit my money back even after proof of delivery 2 months later. I lost the cost of the product, the shipping fee, eBay final value fee, and paypal fee. Oh not to mention my time 🙂 At least you didn't loose any money and cut your looses early.
Message 73 of 75
latest reply

that really sucks pinksakura. I don't know what you sell but other sites don't side with the buyer automatically. *hint*
Message 74 of 75
latest reply

Uh...two months is a bit late, though. I would have refunded the buyer myself before then if the item had never shown up in two months.   If the same thing happened on Poshmark the seller would still be on the hook.   Same with Etsy and just about everywhere else.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 75 of 75
latest reply