cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter the 6-digit code for confirmation of local pickup on Ebay's website?

I sold an item for local pickup, the buyer got a numeric code which they texted to me.  

How would I enter it on Ebay's website?  I don't use an Ebay app.

I gave it as a tracking # and put "local pickup" as the carrier.  Do they have some other way for sellers to enter it?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: How to enter the 6-digit code for confirmation of local pickup on Ebay's website?

ps I downloaded the Ebay app to my tablet, and I don't see where to enter the numeric code confirming pickup there, either.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Re: How to enter the 6-digit code for confirmation of local pickup on Ebay's website?

@Anonymous 

lol, is there an instruction manual somewhere with the new local pickup info?  I checked help, but didn't see anything.......

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Are you sure they've gotten it back from the 'cleaners' yet?  😀  Wasn't it just announced?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

I chatted with a customer service rep.  

They said it hadn't been fully implemented yet, and customer service hasn't been informed.

They said an email would be sent out when the feature is implemented.

So buyers are currently being given a 6-digit code.  At least, my buyer was.  

But there isn't yet a way for the seller to enter it.

I put it down as a tracking number, but that isn't the right way to enter it  (it shows up on their system as "shipped").  

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Thanks for the update.  I was getting worried that ebay had changed it's ways and had something fully operational before it was announced.  😮

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fali-40 wrote:

I sold an item for local pickup, the buyer got a numeric code which they texted to me.  

How would I enter it on Ebay's website?  I don't use an Ebay app.

I gave it as a tracking # and put "local pickup" as the carrier.  Do they have some other way for sellers to enter it?

Hi @fali-40, I just wanted to confirm that the ability to upload the 6-digit confirmation number or scan the QR code to confirm delivery for a local pickup item is coming. This was planned to be released at the same time as the related emails to buyers, but unfortunately a gap exists between the two halves of this process that has lead to some confusion. For now, don't worry about uploading the number you received, you can just keep it for your records if it becomes needed and we'll work on rolling out the full experience as soon as we can!

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

So **bleep** happens if the buyer doesn't send you confirmation code??

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@laji-12 wrote:

So **bleep** happens if the buyer doesn't send you confirmation code??

Hi @laji-12, you would ask them for it 🙂 You are meeting with your buyer in person and would easily be able to request the confirmation number or to scan the QR code with your app, and the option to have the buyer message you through eBay to confirm pickup or sign an invoice or other form to confirm delivery remains available. More details here.

I just want to clarify, the addition of a confirmation code or QR code to confirm delivery does not change anything about or expectations or protections, it simply adds a form of delivery confirmation directly on eBay as an option for sellers.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

So what happens if the buyer is telling you they were never sent a QR code or 6 digit code?

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@miss_tink008 wrote:

So what happens if the buyer is telling you they were never sent a QR code or 6 digit code?

Hi @miss_tink008, then you would continue to take the same measures you always took to confirm delivery for local pickup by either having the buyer message you through eBay to state they had retrieved the item, or having them sign a receipt confirming the order was picked up. The QR code and 6-digit confirmation code do not change anything about a seller's responsibilities or protections, they are simply two additional methods of obtaining delivery confirmation for a local pickup transaction. These options are all outlined in the Help Page for sellers about offering local pickup (found here).

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Due to the Corona-virus and the low limit of coverage through Priority USPS (up to $ 1000 only through Ebay label) I am thinking to list an expensive item as local pick only, and have the buyer(from another state) do from his/her part all the necessary arrangements with any shipping provider buyer wishes ( USPS, UPS, FEDEX) and have them knock my door and pick up the prepared by me secured box. Will this arrangement works if UPS guy for example comes with the QR code printed, or if I take a photo of the label he will bring with his tracking number>? Will this cover me as a prof of local pick up? Thank you

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@1821-studio wrote:

Due to the Corona-virus and the low limit of coverage through Priority USPS (up to $ 1000 only through Ebay label) I am thinking to list an expensive item as local pick only, and have the buyer(from another state) do from his/her part all the necessary arrangements with any shipping provider buyer wishes ( USPS, UPS, FEDEX) and have them knock my door and pick up the prepared by me secured box. Will this arrangement works if UPS guy for example comes with the QR code printed, or if I take a photo of the label he will bring with his tracking number>? Will this cover me as a prof of local pick up? Thank you

Hi @1821-studio, the QR code being added as an option doesn't change any of the other ways that delivery confirmation could be obtained in a local pickup transaction. A buyer has always been able to arrange with the seller to have the item picked up by a third-party carrier, and we would consider the item successfully picked up when this occurs. Just keep your communication on eBay and either obtain documentation from the courier that the item was retrieved or get tracking information from the buyer through eBay messaging.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

I have the QR code and 6-digit number from my buyer for a local pickup, but no way to enter them.  Ebay is "holding" my funds of $800 until I can confirm delivery.  My buyer said that the funds were already withdrawn from her acct, and paypal says the funds are pending with ebay being the only holdup.  I've been a member for 20 years with 100% feedback, and have sold items years ago.  How can I get the payment released?  How is this even ethical on ebay's part?

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

@crafter1224 wrote:

I have the QR code and 6-digit number from my buyer for a local pickup, but no way to enter them.  Ebay is "holding" my funds of $800 until I can confirm delivery.  My buyer said that the funds were already withdrawn from her acct, and paypal says the funds are pending with ebay being the only holdup.  I've been a member for 20 years with 100% feedback, and have sold items years ago.  How can I get the payment released?  How is this even ethical on ebay's part?

I'm tagging @Anonymous on this to see if he can give you the current instructions for this process, but if the buyer enters feedback for you on the transaction indicating the item was received it may release the funds to you. 

Message 15 of 26
latest reply