cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete "positive" feedback?

I offer the option of free shipping with out tracking, or 4$ shipping with tracking. Of course, no one ever picks the upgraded shipping, but once every month or two someone says they didn't receive a package. eBay's return policy really hurts sellers in this situation, and recently I had some one open a claim that ended with an automatic  refund. I had little input in the process, but the buyer left  positive feedback that said "seller refunded lost flies". Ever since then It feels like I've had an increase of "lost"' mail (which really doesn't exist in the first place) and I accredit it to that post. Is there any way to remove positive feedback?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

No.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

There is no way to remove positive feedback. If it were me, I would stop the free shipping and start putting tracking on your items if you feel you are losing revenue with the refunds. The postal service is horrendous right now -its worse than when the pandemic was at its worst-and you will keep having problems. Tracking still won't guarantee ALL packages will make it to where they are going, but its a lot better than buyers coming back saying they didnt receive it when they could have. You have to weigh the pros and cons of the tracking and how much you are losing with every refund. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Uh, given that there is little if any difference in cost of shipping first class with tracking on Ebay and just purchasing first class without tracking at a USPS location, I fail to understand your shipping policy as most of your listings sure look like first class package material to me.  As for removing positive feedback, the answer has already been provided.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Stop doing that. You cannot give those kind of options without problems and if you do not provide tracking that is on you.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

There is no way you can remove positive feedback.  

EBAY will hold you liable to any missing or delayed packages.   Tracking is the only way you can prove that package got delivered.    You should include costs for "tracking" into your pricing.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@smokymountainflies 

You cannot remove this feedback, but I would not worry too much about it.  You seem to be selling items quick enough so you will eventually have a few more positives on your list.  Potential buyers may read the negative feedback comments for a seller, but they rarely read the positive feedback comments.   Eventually this comment will get lost among all your glowing reviews.  

As others have suggested, I would recommend adding tracking to all of your packages.  You can print the labels from home and have USPS pick up your items for free.  

Best of luck!  

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Shipping a 1 ounce product on eBay costs only a "forever stamp"...66 cents in Oct, 2023...while tracked label for that same 1 ounce items costs about $4.00....that difference in price is profit the seller is not making. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Shipping without tracking relies on the general public's veracity. Big mistake!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Stop fighting the system, use postage with tracking  and charge it to the buyer by raising the price, they bring this on themselves so no reason to even blame yourself.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@movieman990 wrote:

Shipping a 1 ounce product on eBay costs only a "forever stamp"...66 cents in Oct, 2023...while tracked label for that same 1 ounce items costs about $4.00....that difference in price is profit the seller is not making. 

And how does that small profit help the seller when they're giving full refunds for items that may or may not have been delivered? 

Penny wise, pound foolish. 

Ugh! 2 year old thread! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

There are many sellers on eBay who manage just fine using untracked letter postage. Apparently the cost/benefit analysis of refunds vs savings in postage and FVF fees works out in their favor.  I suspect that the rate of fake "not received" claims varies a lot depending on the category.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply