cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help: When I try to request to remove negative feedback, it gives error message

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I have been selling on Ebay for 14 years and had mainted a 100% positive feedback score this entire time. Recently I have slowed down my selling a lot due to health problems. As a result, I have far fewer feedbacks in the last 12 months. A buyer went on and left me a negative feedback without contacting me first, because they were unhappy with the shipping cost (which I have nothing to do with; the prices are set by USPS.) They also falsely claimed that the vintage smock they bought had been previously owned by a waitress. Why the smock being owned by a waitress would be a problem I have no idea. It was actually owned by an art teacher. Regardless, neither the shipping nor the previous profession of the person who owned the smock in the 70s should result in negative feedback for me. This plunged my feedback score from 100% to just over 87%. I am very upset. I tried using the Ebay request form for negative feedback removal, and it give me the following message when I select the smock: 

"Item ID: Item details unavailable or private listing

Date sold:
Buyer:
Invalid item or transaction" 

I've tried everything to contact a live agent about this. The automated assistant will not let me go through to contact anyone; it just keeps offering help choices that are totally irrelevant to my situation. Where do I go from here? Any help greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Please help: When I try to request to remove negative feedback, it gives error message

It might be an ebay glitch that is going on right now as I just tried to click to remove one of my recent neutrals and see the same exact error message. It's not supposed to do that but rather go to a page where you can state your case for removal. kyle@ebay is this a current glitch?

On another note, personally I think that the automated removal system will deny your request to remove. Reason being is not because of the shipping price comment, that feedback would be valid for removal if that was the only comment the buyer made. Pretty cut and dry for the automated system to approve. But the comment about the item itself, ebay's logic would typically say that it is the opinion of the buyer and ebay does not involve themselves in matters like that. Basically, "they are entitled to their opinion" regardless of if you think it's accurate or not.

You might have better luck talking to ebay for businesses in facebook. I would normally say call ebay, but I keep hearing that ebay overseas CS is pretty bad. Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Instead of leaving a response to the feedback I would contact the buyer and asked what can I do to make this right. A buyer can remove feedback in 30 days. Could have been a simple partial refund of some sort.

Don't think customer service will do anything.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply