cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Make Certain Buyer Receives a Strike for Non-Payment? E-Bay has Changed this UP again!

Received offer from Buyer.

18 minutes after I "accept" the offer, I get an email from e-Bay (not the Buyer), stating that the Buyer wishes to cancel the order now.

E-Mail from e-Bay says I only have until 9/25 to respond.  What?  So I cannot let the NPB process play out and cancel after the 4th day of non-payment from the Buyer?

This is SO messed up.  I think the Buyer deserves the strike.  How do we as Sellers make this happen with this "new" change???  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: How to Make Certain Buyer Receives a Strike for Non-Payment? E-Bay has Changed this UP again!

@katzrul15 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Don't think it is possible. Even before the new process, if the request was done in time, then just like the rest of the world, there is no NPB strike.

That is the biggest bunch of hooey.  This is an idiot Buyer who made an offer (no one forced him) and I accepted the offer and 18 min after I accepted the offer, I get the email from e-Bay.

This is such a messed up site.  Buyer deserves a strike and as a Seller, I should be able to let it time out for non-payment and be protected from FB, etc.

If I agree to the cancellation, the Buyer can still leave FB.  SO very messed up.

idiot: not.

I believe they know exactly what they are doing.

As for eBay I believe they also know what they are doing in this situation.  Cuts down on them NPB.

Message 31 of 49
latest reply

Re: How to Make Certain Buyer Receives a Strike for Non-Payment? E-Bay has Changed this UP again!

@donsdetour wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Don't think it is possible. Even before the new process, if the request was done in time, then just like the rest of the world, there is no NPB strike.

That is the biggest bunch of hooey.  This is an idiot Buyer who made an offer (no one forced him) and I accepted the offer and 18 min after I accepted the offer, I get the email from e-Bay.

This is such a messed up site.  Buyer deserves a strike and as a Seller, I should be able to let it time out for non-payment and be protected from FB, etc.

If I agree to the cancellation, the Buyer can still leave FB.  SO very messed up.

As for eBay I believe they also know what they are doing in this situation.  Cuts down on them NPB.

Good points.

What buens my biscuits is I do not have Best Offer activated on listings - e-bay has "added" it.  AND, they asked for more pix of the box, 3 emails of questions, I reply, go to warehouse, pull lego set, take more pix.....

They offer, I accept and 18 min later, cancel request

Kinda mean.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 32 of 49
latest reply

and if I do not agree to cancel, then e-Bay will cancel for the Buyer on day 3.

Day Three?

I thought the buyer had 96 hours (four days) to pay and that eBay allowed sellers to opt for automatic cancellation immediately* after that.

This was a huge relief for us non-US sellers who had been waiting 96 hours to open the UID manually then another 96 hours to allow the deadbeat to pay.

US sellers could open the UID in 48 hours. 

So a reduction, across the board for all sellers, to five days from six to eight days.

Who qualifies for  Day Three (four?) cancellations?

*Which would be on Day Five.

Message 33 of 49
latest reply

IMG_9507.jpg

There're times we just have to pick our battles ... ...

I strongly echoed @buyselljack2016 "Walk away, let it play out.  Have some pie."

-

Lucas

"still rollin' with the punches"

Message 34 of 49
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@donsdetour wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Good points.

What buens my biscuits is I do not have Best Offer activated on listings - e-bay has "added" it.  AND, they asked for more pix of the box, 3 emails of questions, I reply, go to warehouse, pull lego set, take more pix.....

They offer, I accept and 18 min later, cancel request

Kinda mean.

Mean seem to be the goal of some users; its a game with em.. sport in some form....

Of course da blocked bidders list gain a new name eh........

Message 35 of 49
latest reply

I have had it happen, a buyer canceled and then left negative feedback. I had a rant with ebay over it and it was removed quickly. There is a " loop hole " in the system

Message 36 of 49
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

Received offer from Buyer.

18 minutes after I "accept" the offer, I get an email from e-Bay (not the Buyer), stating that the Buyer wishes to cancel the order now.

Anytime someone shows interest in an item either by looking at or purchasing then eBay will flood them with similar like items that are available. 

I wonder if after they made the offer to you if eBay flooded them with similar like items so they changed their mind and decided to purchase one of the newly advertised items?

Message 37 of 49
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@eunster1313 

Agreed.  Tempted to decline the cancellation and see if I can get the NPB to time out.  Just not certain "when" the 4 day timeline staets then?  Likely, when I decline the cancellation?  Frustrating.

Do whatever you feel comfortable with.  I know what we would do.

42.jpg

Message 38 of 49
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

and if I do not agree to cancel, then e-Bay will cancel for the Buyer on day 3.

Day Three?

I thought the buyer had 96 hours (four days) to pay and that eBay allowed sellers to opt for automatic cancellation immediately* after that.

This was a huge relief for us non-US sellers who had been waiting 96 hours to open the UID manually then another 96 hours to allow the deadbeat to pay.

US sellers could open the UID in 48 hours. 

So a reduction, across the board for all sellers, to five days from six to eight days.

Who qualifies for  Day Three (four?) cancellations?

*Which would be on Day Five.

That they asked e-Bay to cancel within 1 hr of purchase.  Evidently no way to give a strike based on responses on here/others dealing with this.  😞

Posting ID Only.......
Message 39 of 49
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

Wonder what happens if I do not agree to the "cancellation" by the 25th?  E-Bay does it for him?

I would do just that just to see what happens. It doesn't take much extra effort to conduct this experiment. Let us know what happens.

Message 40 of 49
latest reply

@stephenmorgan wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote:

Wonder what happens if I do not agree to the "cancellation" by the 25th?  E-Bay does it for him?

That happened to me a while ago.  I did not react quick enough so eBay canceled the transaction on buyers behalf.  I suppose if eBay would have seen I had shipped the item by a Tracking Number being posted, then they would not have canceled the order.

So what's the point in ebay asking the seller to accept the cancellation or not? Call a spade a spade don't even give the seller a choice then. I think I recall this happening to me about 2 years ago and I probably asked the same question then too.

Message 41 of 49
latest reply

@katzrul15 Found my post about this in August 2021. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Buyers-can-avoid-Payment-Strikes-much-easier-now/td-p/32149761

Turns out you commented in there too. Have a read... and a beer. 🙂

Message 42 of 49
latest reply

Tempted to decline the cancellation and see if I can get the NPB to time out.

@katzrul15 

It is my understanding that because the "cancel" request was made in the special time period, you will not be able to award the buyer with an unpaid item strike at the start of day 5 like normal circumstances would dictate.    

This was posted in another e-commerce group, and I belong to quite a few and am unable to find it at the moment. 

It would be an interesting "test" if you decide not to cancel now, and actually have the auto cancel set for one minute after the 96 hours to see what it does.  Or if you manually close your UPIs, if the option is missing for this one. 

Message 43 of 49
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Tempted to decline the cancellation and see if I can get the NPB to time out.

@katzrul15 

It is my understanding that because the "cancel" request was made in the special time period, you will not be able to award the buyer with an unpaid item strike at the start of day 5 like normal circumstances would dictate.    

This was posted in another e-commerce group, and I belong to quite a few and am unable to find it at the moment. 

It would be an interesting "test" if you decide not to cancel now, and actually have the auto cancel set for one minute after the 96 hours to see what it does.  Or if you manually close your UPIs, if the option is missing for this one. 

What a big loop hole. As a buyer I will just outbid every auction of an item I want making me the winner of all of them. I will then file cancellation requests on all the auctions I won within that 1 hour of each auction ending. That way I'm safe from any payment strikes. When I'm done winning all of the auctions and filing cancellations, I'll just choose the lowest priced auction win that hasn't accepted my cancellation yet and pay for the one.

Message 44 of 49
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@

Agreed.  Tempted to decline the cancellation and see if I can get the NPB to time out.  Just not certain "when" the 4 day timeline staets then?  Likely, when I decline the cancellation?  Frustrating.

I suspect that the"decline" option is just another policy writing/IT flaw. Complete non-sense to have a "decline" option except to possibly coerce a buyer that does not know that they aren't going to get a NPB strike into paying.  There is likely no "4 day kick in" with this non-purchase.

Although as others posted ," clear as mud", I really doubt that a buyer that made the "golden hour cancel request" will face any consequences other that becoming a new "best buddy list" inductee.

Per my earlier post ...........   pie 🙂  (Turtle Cream would be the most soothing)

Message 45 of 49
latest reply