cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I offer a discount to a watcher?

OK, so I’ve heard over and over again that “sellers can’t see who is watching their items.” But if that were true, then why is it that I’ve received dozens of “special discount offers” from other sellers for their items that I am watching??? Obviously they can see that I’m interested in their items and are trying to get me to buy. Well now I’d like to do the same for a watcher of one of my items. 

So how do I do it???

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: How do I offer a discount to a watcher?

In the Seller under Active Listings, you can filter the list to see the listings that are eligible for the "Send offer to interested buyers" feature. 

Note that there are restrictions to this feature. eBay limits the number of offers a buyer receives, and buyers can opt out of offers altogether.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sellers can see there are watchers but cannot see who they are.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@payitforward67 wrote:

But if that were true, then why is it that I’ve received dozens of “special discount offers” from other sellers for their items that I am watching??? 

@payitforward67 

Those offers you've received were sent by eBay (with the sellers' permission), not by the sellers of the items you were watching. The seller has given permission, as it were, for eBay to send offers to watchers, but the sellers are not privy to the watchers' member ids for reasons of privacy (so less-than-ethical sellers can't spam their watchers).

Message 4 of 4
latest reply